Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

(Initial) Decline Of A Superpower

Wednesday, October 9, 2013 - 9:57 AM
From MarketWatch.com:

This is what decline of a superpower looks like - Darrell Delamaide's Political Capital - MarketWatch

"Get used to it, folks. If you think we have trouble getting to talks, wait until you see the internal disagreements over just what, if anything, from these trade agreements will actually benefit Americans.

German editorialist Hubert Wetzel bewailed the “self-destruction of one of the world’s oldest democracies.”

This newspaper editor goes on: “No one knows whether the country will still be solvent in three weeks. The bitter truth is: America is already politically bankrupt.”

So sad. The end of the American gravy train really is in sight. That mighty hegemon Europeans love to hate is growing smaller before our very eyes. Europeans might have to finally start shouldering their fair share of maintaining security in the world."

Sad, but the writing seems to be on the wall.  Thoughts?
51hh51hh1,476 posts since
Jan 16, 2010
Rep Points: 6,426
1. Wednesday, October 9, 2013 - 11:05 AM
Most Americans I know are apathetic.  Their favorite mantra is "we can't do anything about it".  They have made it so easy for our enemies to throw us over the cliff.  Unfortuntely, many of our enemies are actually in Washington in control of what is left of our country.   Apathetic people should not have children!   It is one thing destroying our nation for ourselves but allowing it to happen to our innocent children to bear is an abomination upon "us"!  If I appear to be overly dramatic, it's who I am and I won't apologize for having intense feelings about these issues.  I need to get more information.  Have a nice day while you still can.
paoli2paoli21,367 posts since
Aug 10, 2011
Rep Points: 5,992