Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

Pelican State Credit Union: Results of system upgrade

Thursday, April 3, 2014 - 5:05 PMPelican State Credit Union - Details
If you are still banking at Pelican State Credit Union and have not signed on since the system upgrade was completed 4/1/14, allow yourself a little extra time. 

As a result of the upgrade, you will need to set up new login credentials (a new user id and password), select a watermark, set up 3 security questions, set up a security reset question, and confirm your phone number.  

Your account balance(s) is (are) visible, but you cannot access account history online.  The online statements take a l-o-n-g time to load (if they ever do) and you will notice that the balances are missing decimal points.... so if your balance was 12.34, congratulations, you are now 100X richer... with a balance of 1234. 

So in case you were wondering why there is a prominent banner on the home page which reads "We are experiencing an extremely high call volume right now and wait times are longer than usual. We have called in additional staff to assist with this and will help you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience. ", now you know. 

I joined this credit union a few years ago when it had a wonderful RCA and continue to maintain the accounts in case they have any offers of interest.... and to see what they do next  This latest bit makes me glad I keep only a minimal balance there as a placeholder. 
pearlbrownpearlbrown1,431 posts since
Nov 2, 2010
Rep Points: 6,248