Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

42-Month CD Yields 2%

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 - 6:29 AMKemba Credit Union - Details
Kemba Credit Union has special 42-month CD rates for its more than 70,000 members in the greater Cincinnati area. It pays 2.00% APY with a $2,500 minimum deposit.

Kemba.com
ShorebreakShorebreak2,621 posts since
Apr 6, 2010
Rep Points: 14,208
1. Wednesday, June 25, 2014 - 10:12 AM
SB:  Thanks so much for the Kemba CU CD info.  I have never been able to become a member because I do not live in their district.  However,  doing a bit of "hoopla" helps if you get the right partner.  I found out that the "K" in Kemba stands for Krogers one of the major super markets in our area which we use weekly.  She said if I had a "Krogers Plus" card she would send me a packet to become a member.  I certainly do have their card since it saves us money on our groceries.  Soooo there is a way for others to become members also if they have the Krogers Plus card.

While I had her online I found out that the special has a 6 months EWP for anyone interested.

I had tried to become a member of Kemba CU some time ago but didn't ask the right questions and was not told about the Krogers Plus Card.  It also helps to get a rep who has a sense of humor and willing to give you correct info.  Much appreciation for bringing this special to our attention, SB.
paoli2paoli21,372 posts since
Aug 10, 2011
Rep Points: 6,011
2. Wednesday, June 25, 2014 - 12:13 PM
In addition to the Krogers Plus Card, over 700 companies offer Kemba membership benefits to their employees.  While the majority of the companies are local/regional, there are some national companies included.
Cas Saint DenisCas Saint Denis14 posts since
Jun 24, 2014
Rep Points: 50
3. Wednesday, June 25, 2014 - 1:02 PM
Yes, I think you have to be working or have worked for one of them.  Ours was not on the list.  That is why I could not be approved earlier.  The Krogers Plus card must be something new they are allowing so I thought I would share it here for others who wanted another option.
paoli2paoli21,372 posts since
Aug 10, 2011
Rep Points: 6,011