Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

West Bank Iowa Reward Me Checking Rate Slashed

Monday, July 19, 2010 - 3:21 PMWest Bank - Details
Thank you for being a Reward Me Checking customer!

Beginning July 29, 2010, the interest rate paid for your Reward Me Checking account will be 3.0% APY* on balances up to $30,000 and 0.50% APY* on balances exceeding $30,000.

We hope you agree this rate is still extremely competitive for funds held in a liquid account. This is only the second time since the introduction of this account in April of 2008 that we have changed the rate. We monitor rates regularly, but our goal is to make infrequent changes to the rate paid on this account.

If you have any questions regarding your Reward Me Checking account, please contact your banker or a Customer Service Representative at 800-810-2301.

Sincerely,

West Bank
Moderated by KenBDG - Fixed typo in title
tonypoettonypoet1 posts since
Jul 19, 2010
Rep Points: 3
1. Monday, September 27, 2010 - 10:42 PM
I had several Reward Me Checking accounts at West Bank Iowa. The August-September 2010 debit card usage cycle was listed as Aug. 25 to Sept. 28, but apparently much later they changed it to Aug. 25 to Sept. 21 without any notice to customers, there was no disclaimer that the dates were subject to change.  I was following the earlier schedule, and thus did not complete the required transactions on time to earn the bonus rate.  When I spoke to a representative, she did not even know the dates were posted on a web page, but later responded back that I should have been checking this web page.  I complained - but they were either rude or ignored me.  I decided to take my business elsewhere. Watch out for changing terms from this bank.
dmcmandmcman1 posts since
Sep 27, 2010
Rep Points: 1