Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts
Back to Comments and Questions

Anyone Know Of A Rewards Checking Without ACH Deposit Requirement?

Tuesday, May 3, 2011 - 12:47 PM
Apologize if this question has already been asked...I am self employed performing project based work (read: income some months, no income other months) which makes it difficult for me to set up a recurring ACH deposit.  Anyone know of higher interest checking accounts out there that do NOT require the ACH deposit?  Thanks so much, GES
ges74ges742 posts since
May 3, 2011
Rep Points: 8
1. Tuesday, May 3, 2011 - 1:11 PM
My understanding from other posts, is that some banks will honor bank transfer deposits as a fulfillment of that requirement. I don't think all banks require it to be a paycheck. A customer service representative at the banks u may be interested in should be able to clarify that for u.
MikeMike327 posts since
Feb 22, 2010
Rep Points: 875
2. Tuesday, May 3, 2011 - 3:01 PM
I have found that most banks and credit unions requiring Direct Deposit, accept automatic ACH transfers from another bank/cu.  Those that require an actual paycheck or Social Security check generally state that up front in the advertisement/application.
AlanAlan32 posts since
Jun 7, 2010
Rep Points: 202
3. Tuesday, May 3, 2011 - 3:07 PM
Even when they specify salary/payroll deposit, one may still experiment it.  I found at least one credit union that states strictly payroll deposit, it turns out that ACH into the credit union is just fine.
51hh51hh1,461 posts since
Jan 16, 2010
Rep Points: 6,350