Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

Meridian Bank Tx - Gridiron CD 1Yr 1% Up To Possibly 2.35%

Wednesday, July 6, 2011 - 11:17 AMMeridian Bank Texas - Details
Meridian Bank Texas has an unadvertised one-year CD special, available through its home page.  Initial rate on the Gridiron CD is 1%.  Depending on the performance of the football team you select (either Texas Christian University (TCU) or University of North Texas (UNT)), and which your CD follows, it can be as high as 2.35%.  Minimum balance to open the CD is $1,000, maximum balance of $100,000 per account. Limit of two accounts per household or business.

There are 12 games scheduled.  For each TCU or UNT regular season game win, the interest rate on the CD is increased by 10 basis points.  The total interest rate increase for these wins will be effective by December 13, 2011 through the initial term of the CD.  For a TCU or UNT bowl game win, the interest rate on the CD will earn an additional 15 bps, effective January 17, 2012 through the initial term of the CD. 

A companion account is required, defined as an Interest Checking or Relationship Checking account for a consumer, and as a checking or money market account for a business.   Be sure to note the balance requirements on these to avoid maintenance fees.

The one-year Gridiron CD AND the companion account must be opened between July 1, 2011 and August 31, 2011 but of course the offer may be withdrawn at any time.  

Opening of the account requires a branch visit.  

DA shows the bank’s health rating as 4 stars out of 5.  Bauer gives the bank 3 stars.  
pearlbrownpearlbrown1,438 posts since
Nov 2, 2010
Rep Points: 6,272
1. Wednesday, July 6, 2011 - 3:24 PM
In 2010, TCU "Horned Frogs" had an overall record of 13-0 and won the 2011 Rose Bowl, while UNT "Mean Green" had an overall record of 3-9. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. However, if I were a betting person, I would put my money on TCU.
WhataBummerWhataBummer413 posts since
Oct 15, 2010
Rep Points: 1,702