Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

First Citizens Bank (NC) Ends Debit Card Rewards

Friday, August 5, 2011 - 10:58 PMFirst Citizens Bank (NC) - Details
Recently received via e-mail. The savings account compensation is pretty small (about $6?) but I guess it's the thought that counts. I reckon we'll see a lot more of this at other banks soon.

An important update
regarding your First Citizens
FreeMoney® Bonus Program
Dear (me),

Thank you for banking with First Citizens. We appreciate your business and are writing to let
you know about some upcoming changes to our FreeMoney Bonus Program.

The program will be discontinued as of August 15, 2011
Recent legislative changes have made it difficult for us to continue our generous FreeMoney
Bonus Program associated with your First Citizens Visa® Debit card. As a result, the program will be discontinued as of August 15, 2011. You will continue to earn FreeMoney bonus dollars until that time. Your final bonus will be deposited into your First Citizens FreeMoney Bonus Savings Account by September 20th.

Earn 2.00% APY until December 31, 2011
We appreciate your participation in this special program and, as our thanks, you will earn
2.00% Annual Percentage Yield on balances up to $1,000 in your Bonus Savings account starting September 1, 2011 through December 31, 2011. Balances above $1,000 will continue to earn the standard published rate.

No changes to your First Citizens checking or savings account
We want you to know there is nothing you need to do as a result of this change. And there are no changes to your First Citizens checking or savings account. Your First Citizens Visa Debit card continues to be an easy, efficient, and quick way to access your accounts at the ATM and make everyday purchases.

If you have any questions, please stop by your local First Citizens branch, or call 1.888.FC DIRECT(1.888.323.4732) daily between 7:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m. Eastern time.

Once again, thank you for banking with First Citizens.
bluedevil97bluedevil972 posts since
Aug 5, 2011
Rep Points: 5