Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

Nightmare With This Bank

Friday, November 18, 2011 - 10:01 AMFAB&T - Details
It is such a horrible experience. I deposited my money to this bank. There are some months they give me the promised interest and some months they use all kind of excuses not to give the promised interest. Customer service has no responses to my calls. It is almost llike a scandal.
joe99988joe999881 posts since
Nov 18, 2011
Rep Points: 3
1. Friday, November 18, 2011 - 5:07 PM
Can you be more specific about the circumstances or what excuses they gave you to avoid paying you high interest?  My personal experience with this bank and their customer services aren't so bad.  Yes, they messed up the rate last month due to a computer glitch, but they corrected it after i called them.
ninissniniss60 posts since
Sep 22, 2010
Rep Points: 154
2. Saturday, August 18, 2012 - 11:19 AM
They have never failed to pay me the full reward rate, as I play by all the rules.  Their FAQs are very specific that if you miss or "forget" one hoop even once, they won't make believe you didn't; they'll pay you the basic rate that month.  On average, this type of "reward checking" has about 70% compliance with the requirements in any given month at any given bank, which means that 30% don't fulfill ALL the requirements and therefore miss out in any month, on average.  That one month that they had a computer glitch, they were already fixing it when I called them.  It was when they changed computer programs.
scoop3scoop31 posts since
Aug 18, 2012
Rep Points: 1