Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts
Back to Budgeting and Taxes

New Taxes To Pay For Healthcare

Monday, July 2, 2012 - 11:47 AM
Beyond the 3.8% surtax on investment income and the surtax on Medicare taxes, you are still likely to be impacted by a number of new measures involving Flexible Spending Accounts (contributions will be capped), a higher threshhold for deductible medical expenses, and a higher penalty on non-medical withdrawals from Healthcare Savings Accounts.    Read more.
pearlbrownpearlbrown1,356 posts since
Nov 2, 2010
Rep Points: 5,955
1. Monday, July 2, 2012 - 1:25 PM
Wowie!  Did I accidentally log into the Millionaire's Club?  Do we really have a lot of posters on here who have $250,000.00 Joint Incomes?  I sure took the wrong train and got off at the wrong station.  Most of the Obama taxes and penalties seem to be hitting singles who make a junk of money and Joint filers who do so too.  In the life I live, we just don't seem to fit in those categories.  Just because someone says they have savings doesn't mean they are millionaires!  But if they have brought in that kind of money for years and they aren't, they really must be in the "Non-Frugal" Club!  I will have to find out if Obamacare is not repealed but I don't consider people making that kind of money as Middle Class so it seems his taxes will be hitting the Upper Income or wealthy folks most.
paoli2paoli21,140 posts since
Aug 10, 2011
Rep Points: 5,080