Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

First Arkansas Bank & Trust (FAB&T) Changing Kasasa Cash To Pure Checking

Monday, July 2, 2012 - 8:51 PMFAB&T - Details
Just got an email that says my First Arkansas Bank & Trust (FAB&T) will change from a Kasasa Cash account to a Pure Checking account, whatever that is, on August 2:

To our valued Kasasa customers,

We know that you chose to allow First Arkansas Bank & Trust (FAB&T) to serve your financial needs because we pride ourselves on great customer service and innovative products and services that continue to deliver the latest in both features and benefits. With that in mind, we are pleased to announce that, effective August 2, 2012, your Kasasa Cash account will become a Pure Checking account.

What is Pure Checking? It is a new way for us to deliver the competitive interest rates and ATM refunds* to which you have become accustomed with your Kasasa Cash account, but it allows FAB&T the flexibility to offer even more benefits and services to you in the future!

What does this change require on your part? Nothing! The monthly requirements that you are currently performing will not change.   

bksavingsbksavings12 posts since
Sep 24, 2011
Rep Points: 40
1. Tuesday, July 3, 2012 - 2:37 AM
It sounds like the bank is severing its ties to Kasasa without changing the current qualification requirements, cap or interst rate (for now).
dunkerdunker136 posts since
Jun 11, 2010
Rep Points: 413
2. Tuesday, July 3, 2012 - 7:36 AM
Looks like the rate is dropping from 3.030 to 2.51
bksavingsbksavings12 posts since
Sep 24, 2011
Rep Points: 40
3. Monday, September 10, 2012 - 7:03 AM
I just noticed the change in bill-pay timing - from 2 business days to 4 business days (except for the well-known credit card payees).  Does anyone else notice this?  I wonder if this is the result of the account change from Kasasa to pure checking.
ninissniniss60 posts since
Sep 22, 2010
Rep Points: 154