Affirm Reviews

Stay Away. They Are Thieves !!!

If you put more that 250k to savings, they will froze your account, you will not be able to get your money back for months. Then they send your money back to you and keep the interest.
DO NOT DEAL

FRAUD !! WARNING !!

You will loose an access to your founds after they will freeze your savings account. You can call the customer service asking to recover your account access as many time as you wish, but all you will get just promises.
As of today they keep my $1million for several months, It is a fraud, will go to police to report.

NEVER DEAL WITH THEM

They freeze my account with no reason. I can not get my money back for months !!!
I find out affirm is NOT a bank, but it was too late.
NEVER NEVER NEVER

CONTACT CONSUMER PROTECTION. DIVISION OF BANKS

I complained to CA.GOV about AFFIRMlocated in San Fransisco CA. I assume because I live in Boston MA they said to contact Division of Banks.

What follows is my complaint to CA.GOV
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
CA Dept. of Financial Protection & Innovation

Affirm, Inc. is a Delaware corporation and Affirm Loan Services, LLC is a Delaware limited liability company, both with principal place of businesses located at 650 California Street., 12th floor, San Francisco, CA 94108.

Cross River Bank is routing number used for Affirm & I was told they are the FDIC Bank that backs Affirm.

Cross River Bank
885 Teaneck Rd, Teaneck, NJ 07666
(201) 808-7000

From my online searches I found the following about Affirm:
Affirm is a financial technology company founded by former PayPal executive Max Levchin

GO to banking protection services in State where you live. Try FDIC for Cross River Bank. If anyone gets results, please share

App Is Broken. Locked Out Of Savings. Not Possible To Access Through A Website.

Broken app does not allow access to savings. updated it, still not working. Re-installed the app and still locked out because the app does not send the verification email. They don't have a website for accessing your account without the app. Scary reviews for this "bank".

Frozen Account, Lack Of Communication, Indefinite Freeze With No Line Of Sight

Unfortunately I am facing the same issue as some other folks. It has been 6 weeks since my savings account was frozen. I've called at least 4 times and sent two help requests to no avail. Supposedly the problem is being investigated by the audit department but the customer service agent has no direct contact with them. Complete lack of info and transparency. I have never faced this problem before. Affirm is proving to be entirely inept. I would caution everyone to stay away from this company.

Easy To Open Saving Account.

I was able to open the account via affirm website and also access the account via mobile app. Also I was able to add a bank and transfer without any problems. The limit per ACH transfer is 24,999.00.

Don't Waste Your Time

I have been fighting a charge that wasn't mine. I have contacted Affirm a number of times and each time I have to explain. They said they will investigate and put a block on my account. But yet I received an email that my account is a charge off and been reported to my credit. Total BS. This is not my account and I refuse to pay for something I did not purchase.
Customer service sucks

Horrible And A Waste Of Time!

Affirm SUCKS! there are many better options. They are a sham and select on what they approve u for. Which is mostly garbage!

One star is generous. I’d give 5 minus stars if I could. I have great credit and purchase many things, but affirm is beyond horrible and not worth it!

AVOID Using This Group!

AFFIRM is sending (emailing) notices or overdue payments, however I have yet to receive a statement; not by mail or email, and I don't see where to find it on their website.
Additionally, items were returned but apparently, they claim not receive notices or returned/credited item. AVOID using this group!

Great Place To Park Savings

i just opened an savings account here through the app and it was easy. there is no access to the savings account anywhere else but the app which is good for me. ACH transfers should be sufficient for paying a few bills or transferring to other accounts as i am currently doing with other online savings accounts all of which are high yield savings but not as high as Affirm

Terrible Customer Service

When initially opening the account there was a problem with the direct deposit. Because actual funds are managed by Cross River Bank they couldn't tell me anything NOR could Cross River. It took 2 to 3 weeks to sort out. Now they have frozen my account and refuse to provide a reason why. They also refuse to tell me how long that will take. It has been 10 days. I have no issues with any accounts at traditional banking institutions. AVOID AFFIRM AT ALL COSTS

Actually Very Easy To Open

I was a little concerned with the lack of reviews on Affirm. I went ahead and gave them a try anyway because of the decent APY. Opening an account was actually very easy, but it has to be done in the app since there is no web access. The app functions wonderfully. Transfers seem to move very quickly when pushed from an external account to Affirm. Linking within the Affirm app was accomplished with Plaid (owned by Visa), with an option for micro deposits for institutions that don't have Plaid functionality yet. Another concern I had was that since Affirm is a credit/micro loan provider that they would do a hard pull for me to sign up. I was pleasantly surprised that there was no hard pull for sign up. Overall I am happy with Affirm and Cross River Bank so far. If you don't mind using the app only, don't hesitate.

Unable To Open Account

Could open account on app, so tried on a desktop.
Not an easy process.
Need to take 1) photo of yourself 2) front of ID 3) back of ID and 4) yourself with ID
After you upload all of those, it doesn't like the quality of your photos,
but you don't know which one, so you have to do all of them over.
Then after waiting for processing you get
"Based on an eligibility check, we can't create an account for you just yet."