Bank of Oklahoma Reviews

Bank ATM Swallows Business Checks & BOK Blows Me Off!!

Posted by: lynx41 | Jul 10, 2014

BOK doesn't even own their ATM machines. They lease them from an out of state vendor. Last month, their ATM machine swallowed up 3 bus. acct checks totaling almost $1100. It just choked on them and didn't give me a receipt as if I didn't make a deposit? I immediately called the express bank and the matter was handled professionally and courteously, but the next day I get this phone call from a snotty supervisor who announced to me that this matter will take up to 45 days to resolve and if they find I was lying to them, they would take legal steps to get any temporary funds covering this incident back from me. I asked if this matter could be expedited because my customers tend to be transient? She tells me that this would not be possible and asked if there was anything else that she could do for me? Wow! I couldn't believe she was talking to me like this when their machine did this??

Then I pursued the matter and spoke with an analyst who confirmed that it could take 45 days to get results from this investigation because they have to wait until someone gets good and ready to collect the checks within the next 30 days? I asked if they could just send someone out to pull my checks out of the D$M machine and she again explained this would not be possible because they have pay for someone to make a special trip to do this? Then I told her that she has a big problem then because the ATM is no longer accepting ANY bank deposits at all? This seemed to make a big difference now that BOK wasn't getting ANY money at all from the machine. Since I mentioned this factor, her response suddenly changed? Within a couple of hours, the ATM checks were recovered and she calls me with this information like she did some kind of heroic act on my behalf as if I was important to them?

The next day, I spoke to the branch manager and told him about some of my most recent problems with this bank and he didn't seem to really care? He says to me with this nonchalant look, "I am sorry that you have had these difficulties lately? Perhaps, you may consider leasing a home check scanner, so you can send the deposits to the bank yourself electronically? Is there anything else we can help you with?" Then he referred me to another employee to get me to pay for this over priced service and out of his hair.

At this point, I decided enough was enough and took steps to get my money out of this bank and go elsewhere. The new bank I am at treats me like I am someone important and handles my business affairs with competence, accuracy, and expediency. I told my new bank about the ATM incident and they were amazed about how poorly I was treated and assured me that my checks will be recovered by the next day if this ever happens.

I WILL NEVER SHOP AT BANK OF OKLAHOMA AGAIN!!

ATM Machine Lost Deposit & I Got The Run Around!!

Due to the size of my vehicle, I am forced to deposit my business checks into BOK's ATMs at their bank locations. The last time I went to deposit over a thousand dollars worth of checks; their ATM machine swallowed them up and got jammed. I immediately called customer service, who filed an ATM dispute and said he would have a supervisor call me. The next day, this supervisor called me and told me that the investigation into this matter could take as much as 45 days to resolve, but that I would be given temporary funds in the mean while. I told her that due to the business I am in, it would be very difficult to track down my customers if the checks got ruined by the ATM. She didn't even seem to care about my situation at all, but just asked if there was anything else she could do for me? Then I get this letter from BOK stating the same thing, only it gave me a number to call with a case number. I called them and went through the same thing with another lady who is an ATM analyst at BOK. She tells me that nothing could be done until the checks are collected at the end of the 30 day cycle by a third party service. They said it would be too expensive to send someone out to get MY checks out of the ATM machine. Then I mentioned that the ATM was jammed up and could not receive deposits at all now and asked if they are going to wait 30 days on this too? Well, this turned the whole matter around and she then decided to expedite the situation. After all, now, it wasn't just an unimportant customer with lost checks in their ATM. It was the fact that now the ATM wasn't getting money from anyone at all. Within a couple of hours, she called me back to tell me that the checks had been recovered and will be deposited into my account.

This tells me a great deal about how they value their customers and this customer is going to close up all my business accounts and move to another bank.

Thinking Of Opening An Account Think Again

Posted by: Anonymous | Sep 5, 2012

Not are they charging their customers excessive fees they also want to charge excessive fees for checks written against one of their accounts. I was considering opening an account with them so I went to test out their customer service. It just wasn't there. I arrived to cash a check written against an account held there, a small check, $77.00 to be exact and they wanted to charge me over $6.00 just to cash it. The teller was very nonchalant when she asked "do you have an account with us?" and then "well do you have an account anywhere ? Because I will have to charge you 6.75 to cash this check.". Seriously! For a seventy-seven dollar check. She said "yes" wow! So I changed my mind about opening an account in that instant even though the branch in Tulsa hills is close to home and I actually pass it on my way to work. Even though I have to go out of my way when I have to actually go to my bank I will definitely stay with them. Sometimes what appears to be convenient is soured by what is inside or what you uncover.

Bank Of Oklahoma Loosing My Deposits!

Posted by: lynx41 | Aug 19, 2012

I am a local business owner and am constantly using my business account to make deposits and other transactions.  I have to keep a close eye on my business account because there is always somebody who wants a piece of the pie and if you don't watch the money, it will quickly disappear.  Well, this time it is the bank itself.  I can understand occassional mishaps, but this is the 4th time they have lost one of my deposits within 2 years?  It is kind of interesting to note two things. One is that they never miss an expense, ever, but when it comes to your hard earned money that you deposit, trusting the bank to do their job, you really have to supervise what is going on? Second, when they loose your deposit, they put the burden on you to prove that you made a deposit- so don't throw away your deposit slips, ever, or they will not refund the lost deposits!

Last time, they got back with me and told me they accidently put my deposit into someone elses account. When I asked questions, the woman got rather snippy with me like it was none of my business to ask what happened to my money? Finally, she admitted it was their mistake. Time before that, they didn't have a clue what happened to my deposit? They said occassionally, their scanners loose deposits, like it was no big deal to them.

Gee! This bank is quick to charge me $32.50 if I am 1 penny short, but they just blow me off when they loose my deposits?  What the hell is wrong here?? They should give me $32.50 every time they screw up!  I would be ahead by $130 by now!

Please let me know if this is happening to anyone else who banks with BOK?

Great Customer Service

Posted by: Anonymous | Aug 9, 2012

BOK has great customer service and employees who will go way above and beyond to help you. Now that there's that federal regulation which makes banks unable to overdraft your account without your permission, that problem is solved. Although they will try to get you to waive that.

Online banking is easy, lots of convenient locations in grocery stores and free checking with a reasonable minimum balance.

Worst Bank Ever!!!!

Posted by: Anonymous | Jul 26, 2012

What kind of business would close an account without notification after six years of loyalty? BOKF closed my account because it had a zero balance for too long. Wow!! I regret working for this company.

Beware Of This Establishment!

Posted by: Anonymous | Jun 9, 2012

Been a BOK customer nearly 3 years. As of lately they have really picked up the pace on trying to find ways to charge excessive fees. It boils down to, if you ever had account with BoA and was not satisfied, this isn't the bank for you. They are acting just like them now. I've had a few ridiculous dealings with them in the past few months, and I've had enough. In the process of closing my account now.

Ridiculious

Posted by: jenny | Jun 7, 2012

Went into there branch in grove ok today to cash a tenants check, like I have for the past three months only to find out that it will cost me $6.50 since I dont have an acct. What???? I said Ive cashed it the last 3 months and she says whoever did that could get fired!!! So my tenants cant give his money to me without me paying a $6.50 fee?? So i called him and told him he would have to go to the bank and get cash from now on and he said I will today but then Im closing that acct. Thats ridiculious

Avoid If Possible

Posted by: Anonymous | Jan 8, 2012

So, I had a check drawn on the Bank of Oklahoma for $100.00, a Christmas gift. They refused to cash the check because my middle name was written out on the check and my licence only has the middle initial on it. I called multiple branches, all of which refused to help me. I don't have a bank account and this kind of nonsense is the exact reason why. I go to a check cashing establishment where they are more than happy to cash the check for a $15.00 fee. I really want to know what kind of business they are running when they look for any excuse not to cash a check drawn on their bank. Pathetic!

Personal Loans

Posted by: Anonymous | Nov 29, 2011

I had a personal loan with Bank of Oklahoma (on a truck). Loan was paid off in full, never a late payment, or returned payment. However, I cannot seem to get a lien release from them on my paid note, with out paying $ 10.00 to get it!

Don't Sign Up For The Overdraft Protection!!

Posted by: Anonymous | Aug 9, 2011

Twice this has happened. I know I have some debits about to hit so I transfer money from one checking account to the other. The next day, the transfer is STILL PENDING, but magically all of my debits zipped on through, leaving me with hundreds of dollars of overdraft charges. You call customer service and they will graciously give you back ONE overdraft charge PER YEAR if you're nice to them. How nice of them to give you back $28.50 of your own money.

Worst Bank Ever!!

Posted by: Anonymous | Jun 2, 2011

They continously make mistakes on my account!!! I've had enough of them and I am switching banks!

What Customer Service?

Posted by: Anonymous | May 27, 2011

We have had an account for about two months at BOK. We have never been able to access our account on line, our cards won't work, the branch manager stood us up for a personal meeting, and the corporate office will not return our calls about this matter. We are leaving this bank--how does it expect to stay in business with such horrible, horrible customer service?

CD Only Available To Oklahoma Residents

Posted by: Anonymous | Mar 3, 2011

Great rate (relatively speaking) on the 7 yr CD. After the first page of the application online, the application closed saying accounts can only be opened for residents of Oklahoma. Slightly saddened in NC.