Bethpage Federal Credit Union Reviews

Horrible Treatment Of Members

This bank is great unless you run into a problem- Then all hell happens. During Covid pandemic - while I was trying to keep my life together my bank account was hacked and Bethpage allowed fraudulent charges to be processed for 6 months. I checked my account numerous times but bc the charges were scattered and few throughout the day it was hard to detect. I didn't notice until 6 moths later - $7000 was taken little by little all charges from another state - without any alert or warning. Bethpage only refunded me half the amount - and said it was my responsibility too. I have never experienced this before - I am suing them for the rest of MY money - that I, as a client have entrusted them to protect. I think it is very convenient for Bethpage to charge members such a high price/penalty for a breach to their own system. It gives them zero incentive to make their system better. Their customer service was HORRENDOUS! I moved my mortgage and left Bethpage forever-

Bethpage FCU - Poor Customer Service

I have been dealing with Bethpage FCU for more than 6 weeks to try to resolve an issue. I fax and email them documents they claim they never receive, although I have receipts for all that I sent. I ask them to call, fax, email a response and I never hear back from them. Each time I call to get an update I am told that they sent a response, but I never have received a call, fax or email (I have even checked my junk mail). And no one can talk to anyone in that department directly. Information must be relayed through another department. I only want to send them what they want, but they never tell me what they want. It is a constant game of cat-and-mouse trying to get any information from them.

BFCU is the best credit union

I have been banking with Bethpage FCU for years and they have exceeded my expectations. They have been reasonable about reversing $30 overdraft fees. They also have excellent interest rates where I can earn 1.25% on my money market and 1.00% on my checking. Much higher interest rates than I could find elsewhere. Very happy with their customer service and their willingness to help me with whatever I need.

high interest

Bethpage credit union has a competitive interest rate. That is the only reason I even joined up with them after previously being with TD Bank. TD Bank gave around .01 interest whereas Bethpage was giving 1%
I would be getting the interest every month at the end of the month but they gave me so many issues the first month. I would be asking them if I am going to receive the money and they kept giving me conflicting answers. It was very frustrating but in the end I did get the interest and i have been getting the interest ever since then. Their app is okay but it can be a bit glitchy. The app is better used with mint or something else. overall it is good if you want better interest than typical banks

No Better Than A Bank

I would give them zero stars if I could. Charged me $60 for NSFs even though I had more than $1,000 in my account. Claimed they could charge me whatever they wanted because the funds weren't available for five days. The deposit was from another CU and were immediately available. Refused to reverse charges. When I said I was seriously considering closing my account the response was "Do whatever you want." Obviously they now care more about money than relationships.

Worst Bank And People

Would not recommend anyone do Business with this company. Essentially this Bank, the Levittown location, made false promises that I relied on, that lead to the money my father left me upon his death being used to pay a credit card bill. They accused me of lying regarding the conversations I had with them inside the bank location. This place is deplorable and I recommend that anyone who has their money here and/or a credit card remove themselves from this business at once. I will be filing with the BBB and any other remedy I have against them. In dealing with managers all I have to say is the one at the branch location was despicable in the way she treated and spoke to me. Her higher manager tried to tell me he is sorry I feel this way but his team and him decided they would not refund me my father's money. Save yourself the headache and withdraw your money, no one wants to be treated like this after the death of a parent or loved one.

Best bank I ever have

I have been with credit union for over 10 years. Their service is excellence. I have asked for the personal check book and I received by mail on another day without any charge. Normally they don't have extra charge for most of the service. Plus, the interest rate for car loan or house mortgage is lower than other banks.