Canvas Credit Union Reviews

So Frustrating

These guys are awful. Don't waste your time here. I have been with them since 2010. They constantly cancel or freeze my debit card because of suspicious fraud, 2 times a year at least, with zero warning or confirmation. They have a fraud department that seems to be disconnected from their bank (3rd party?) So when you try to resolve anything you are passed between the different departments in Canvas, and then have to deal with an external source and go through that painfully long process. Than call back to Canvas because the 3rd party didn't do their job right. I than have to constantly update all of my automatic bill payments that are set up, that is extremely time consuming and makes some accounts late = even more calls. Since becoming Canvas Credit Union, their mobile website and desktop online banking is very limiting. You cant read a full description of the charge on the mobile site. Used to be able to trasnfer money from my credit card to my checking if needed, not any longer. They are constantly having 'sorry' were down notices and features are literally not even there any longer, like to delete a scheduled upcoming payment, they dont always show up, so you have to delete the entire bill payee. Then re-enter them in, more lost time. Horrible customer service too, even with a supervisor, very patronizing and ignorant, they don't listen. On the hunt for another CU!!!

Horrible Fees And Customer Service

Like many other reviews here, the service has just gone away. Once you finally step up to a teller, they are quick to sell you anything when all I do is simple banking. Public Service Credit Union, prior to changing to Canvas, was great, not so now people. They have a "greeter" at the door at all locations now, encouraging you to use their ATM for transactions, saying the wait could be very long to see a teller. Let me tell you something, they don't even own, nor control the ATM's, so if your deposit is lost, as mine was, it takes the third party that runs the ATM to try and find the mistake. Well they never found mine, go figure. Canvas flat out has the worst fees to transfer your money to vendors, as much as $16 to transfer $100 in two days!
There are sooooo many better choices, I'm moving my business to 1st bank for the time being, ANYTHING is better than Canvas, PLEASE READ REVIEWS, Canvas will not be around long.

They Cared When They Were Public Service

No one should ever have to deal with the embarrassment and mortification that comes with having an account that is frozen with no warning. I lost my job in May but had enough money to figure out how to pay my loans with Canvas for months. But honestly, Canvas took unauthorized funds out of my account, charged me overdraft fees even though the money was there, and then stopped me from being able to use the funds I was depositing into the account. I have no recourse. I can't buy groceries. I'm also busy during the day and they're not reachable past 9-5 in Denver. They've become a disgusting offshoot of a bank. Don't trust them. Don't open loans with them, don't open an account with them. They're not who they used to be. They only care about growth.

Crappy Customer Service

This credit union has the worst customer service. I had a business account here that overdrafted by 148 dollars. I had switched business accounts to another bank that cared about customers. I had a personal account at Canvas also. They froze my personal account because they said we are going to incur a loss on the other account. They told me till its paid they will not release it. They would not unfreeze my account so I could pay the other bill! Their loss mitigation department was no help and refused to help me at all. None of them called me to tell me about the account being frozen or call and ask about the overdrawn account so I can pay it. We have three auto loans with them and have several tother accounts with them. I will be cancelling all of them. Do not do business with them! I would give negative stars if possible!

Disappointed

I have been a member of what was once the Public Service Credit Union (now Canvas Credit Union) for about 45 years and always received great service. The recent decision to eliminate the convenience of the “Chat” system will cause me to do my banking elsewhere.

NO LONGER A Good Credit Union!

I would give no stars if that was an option! I have been a member of this credit union for 30 years! It was Public Service for 28 of those 30 years and I was very happy with the service and benefits!
Not the case now! With Canvas Credit Union I am EXTREMELY DISAPPOINED! The customer/member benefits are disappearing one by one! Some of the benefits i HAD WHERE SUPPOSED TO BE "grandfathered in" yet they are slowly and quietly eliminating them! NO advance notice, NO NOTICE given benefits are here one day gone the next! Canvas is a well oiled slick machine with no factoring in what members want nor need!
Taking my money elsewhere!!

WORST BANK EVER

My husband opened a new business account with them and the next day received notice that they did a hard inquiry on his personal credit. (Never has this ever happened before opening a personal or business account) When he contacted the bank and informed them that they never stated they were going to do this, their reply was basicly "to bad we are not going to do anything about it."

Aproxamently 2 months later I was added as a signer on the account. Just for being a signer they also ran a hard inquiry on my credit as well. Now we are learning that by adding me as a signer they consider it a "new" account and now, for the second time, are holding funds for 48 hrs on any checks that are deposited for the next 30 days.

In the 30 plus years we have had various bank accounts this is by far the worst institution we have ever banked with and will be planning on switching banks. Even with the damage already done we will not support a bank that works this way.

Poor Customer Service

Unacceptable customer service. I've had problems a couple of times since PSCU changed to Canvas. Call customer service and always get the same agent. Problems NEVER resolved and agent has a bad attitude. Ask for a supervisor, waited on hold 40 minutes and never got a supervisor.

Canvas Very Bad Customer Service

Extremely long hold times. Agents are not competent. Looking for another CU to do business with.

Loved PSC- Now That It's Canvas It's Terrible

I loved Public Service Credit Union but overnight it became terrible under Canvas. I cannot get ahold of anyone to ask basic questions, and when I went to pay off my vehicle they said it would take 7-10 days to receive the title. It's been almost 1 month and they are saying it was only sent out 2 weeks ago and I'll have to call back (and wait on a 10 minute hold) to go to the DMV... Unacceptable. Customer service was a priority under PSC but now it's just a regular huge bank who doesn't care about it's customers.

Fairly Good

Overall, my experiences with this credit union have been fairly neutral--I have been associated with another local credit union I liked better and another I liked worse. Generally, the customer service at the branches on the north side of Denver has been decent, the employees are usually friendly and happy to help. I have only had one major issue with this credit union, and that is that the mobile banking (new site/app) can be unpredictable and has locked me out several times even though I know I had a correct password. On one occasion, this resulted in be being unaware that the bank had used money in my checking account towards a loan without notifying me, resulting in a duplicate payment onto my car loan and many $33 overdraft fees as I had no way of seeing that the account had gone negative/the money had been used due to online banking not working. Despite having direct deposit and regularly depositing money into the account which would have not been negative if not for the bank transferring an entire duplicate amount of my payment from my account, I was treated as irresponsible and felt as though the credit union tried to use a miscommunication as a way to profit off of me. The issue was somewhat resolved with some of the fees being removed from my checking account, but I still ended up paying almost $200 in fees due to errors of the bank and the poor online banking interface. I recognize my own error in the situation of not getting the login issue resolved quickly enough, but it gave me a negative association with this credit union. I am now weary of depositing money into my savings or checking account beyond the amount to pay my car loan because I am not confident that I will have access to it when I need it or that the bank will not misallocate the funds. Overall, I probably would not recommend this particular credit union to others due to their tendency to charge more fees and have unreliable online banking, but still vastly prefer it to other banking options.

Don’T Bother

I’ve been a member for a few years now and have had enough. I deposited 12,000 dollars from another one of my banks to cover my credit card from Public Service Credit Union. They released 500 dollars right away. My check cleared a day later so after 2 days I haven’t received the rest of the funds so I called them up. Their policy is that within another day or two, they would release another 4500 dollars and 5 days after that they would release the rest of the funds. This adds up to 7 business days after my check cleared that they would release the funds. Horrible customer service and even worse policy rules. I called 3 other credit unions and they don’t do anything close to what I’m experiencing with PSCU.
I am leaving PSCU as quickly as I can

I Love My Credit Union!

I've been with Public Service since I was fourteen years old. I have never had any issues with getting the services I need and almost always have a wonderful customer service rep. My checking account is free, they always offer me credit tracking services and suggest other lines I might be interested in. I've had my debit card stole twice now and within 2 days I had all of my money back. The individuals who work at the various branches really take an interest in your misfortunes and seem genuinely willing to help you. Will never go to another banking institution ever again, at least not while living in Colorado. The branches are always clean, sometimes they offer free snacks or cookies at Christmas time. The branches are conveniently located and I rarely wait in line for service.

Public Service

Public Service Credit Union is the best place I have ever banked. Every time I have a question or problem they handle it quickly and discretely. I would highly recommend using Public Service for your banking needs. The best part about banking at a credit union is that when you deposit funds they are available immediately. Also, they offer all the normal products that banks do such as, mortgages, car loans, credit cards, etc.