CEFCU Reviews

A good credit union, but not perfect

We have been CEFCU customers for a few years now. We have had a good experience banking with them, and have never had any mix-ups with our accounts or information. They have quite a few branches and good office hours. However, there have been a few things prove to be inconvenient. First, the website is very touchy. Every time our computer does an update, the website no longer recognizes our computer and requires an extra identity check via a text sent to my phone. Also, my husband opened this account prior to us being married, and I was added as a joint account holder later on. However, since he is the primary member, everything comes to him. my debit card pin came in the mail addressed to him. Then, when I called to activate my debit card and entered part of my SSN for verification, the system said it wasn't valid and I had to wait and speak with an employee. What they wanted was my husband's information, even though the card is in my name. It can be confusing at times. CEFCU is a decent credit union, but it has proved frustrating for us at times.

Excellent Bank But High Overdraw Fees

I've used Cefcu for years and have been very happy with the service I've received. Customer support is very kind and understanding. If you have a problem they will solve it for you as quickly as they possibly can. Their website is very easy to use. Everything you could want to do is available to you. Transfers between accounts are instant. The only problem I've had with Cefcu is that a month ago an overdraft fee was applied to my account due to an error on their part. The fee was $60 which is more taht I expected. However, after a quick call to customer support the fee was removed from my account. The service itself is down very rarely (Usually around 3am CST) If you're looking for a bank you can't go wrong with Cefcu.

My experience with cefcu.com

I am a customer of cefcu.com for last 5 years.My experience with cefcu.com is overall satisfactory.It allows later deposit which helps me to have fewer overdrafts and fees associated with them. Their customer service is better. This customer service is not excellent but satisfactory so far. Their iphone app is ok but they need to improve more customer friendly. However their website is good and informative. They have very good products which meet customer expectation. Their fees are reasonable and competitive.I would definitely recommend this credit union to my friends and relatives.

Service Is Great

I joined this credit union recently because the have a track record of returning some of their excess income in the form of special dividend payments each year. This dividend is paid to borrowers and savers. I applied for a basic savings which has an ok rate of .30%. I also applied for a no annual fee VISA and was approved the same day. The loan officer also noted that they could refinance my car at a rate that was 2% lower than I was currently paying. So I also was able to lower my car payment without extending the term. The only problem I experienced was that they forgot to send my VISA card which after I called them was promptly sent

Review Of Cefco Credit Union

This is a great Credit Union. I have been with them many years. They even pay back profits to owners at year end. This year I got a check for 1350.00. They also have a good Visa card. Their rates may not be the highest in the country; but they are close.