Lake Trust Credit Union Reviews

You Can Trust Laketrust

I am very pleased that I switched my accounts to Lake Trust Credit Union. They are very friendly, helpful and provided me a wide range of services. I started with their "Easy Checking" account and a savings account. I had no credit history and also opened a secured credit card account. Once I build up my credit rating they helped me purchase my first house with a Home Equity Loan. They have a excellent on line service that you can use to view statement and transactions, transfer money and many other service. They also allow linking for your accounts to Mint.com that I find incredibly useful.

They have a number of branches that are very convenient to me and every time I had to use their counter services, the wait is not very long, the staff were very friendly and courteous.

Best of all, they are member owned, serve people not profit and unlike regular banks are not out to make as much off you as they can!

I highly recommend Lake Trust Credit Union for all you financial needs

Great Bank

Lake Trust Credit Union is a great bank! Every time I need to make a transaction they are so friendly and efficient. I also sometimes use the drive through and the tellers there are also quick and polite. I have the Lake Trust App on my phone which allows me to make deposits immediately and also use the full version of the website to transfer money and track my accounts. I have both a checking and savings account with the bank which I first opened through their safari kids program as a child. I have never had a negative transaction or experience with the bank and communication is never an issue. Overall, I would highly recommend this bank to anyone looking to save or invest.

Lake Trust Is Crap At Best

To anyone who reads these reviews take my advise and take your money else where. Never have i been fed more BS and felt more insulted as a customer than i have at this bogus institution. They could really grow their bottom line tremendously if they didnt have all the BS practices going on and got rid of a select few non-business minded fools employed with them. I own a business myself and NEVER would i allow customers to be treated in a mannor that Lake Trust would allow. Im gald i could learn this about them over a smaller ammount of money, before it involved any real money. I will soon be closing my accounts, taking my money and Onwards and upwards without them!!!

Great Credit Union

I have been a member since Nov. 2007.

Their rates have always been on of the highest in the area.

Every customer service interaction I have had both in person and over the phone has been done professionally and polietly.  The reason for the interaction has been quickly solved.

Would recommend to anyone in the area.

Lake Trust Credit Union

I have been a member of Lake Trust Credit Union since 11/30/2007 (Start when they were called NuUnion Credit Union, I preferred the old name better). There rates on the SoSmart Checking have always been one of the highest rates around. The few times I have need to talk with a customer service agent (either in person or on the phone) have been pleasant and the issue was resolved quickly.

Absolutely Horrible All The Way Around!

First they sent me payment books every few months changing the amount of my car payment, when I called to verify they assured me that the new payment book was correct. 3 years later I called to get the payoff on my car I was told that I owed more for the car then the initial loan.They had been placing insurance on my car without notifying me. I already had insurance on my car I had to send all declaration pages for my insurance for the last 3 years! After tracking down all the info and confirming with my insurance companies that Lake Trust was recieving these insurance docs the past 3 years, I sent in the docs. I have provided the same insurance docs 7 times now since then and they still are not taking the money off my loan! I recently learned that they are reporting me over 80 days late on my car. I called and they stated that I have not been paying the full amount of my car payment. I told them that I have always paid what the coupon said they said there were never any other payment books sent to me, so I had to dig up a coupon and fax it to them. Only then did they admit responsibility but it took them months to change my credit report and they did not change all of it! I recently set it up to have my car payments Direct Debited from my account so I had a better tracking system when dealing with them. I paid my car payment a month in advance so it was not due until Dec. 2nd. In Oct. I saw on my bank statement a pre-debit notification from Lake Trust. I called Lake Trust and they assured me that no payment would be taken out in Nov since it was not due, they said that they were verifying the account was valid. Well I found out that they did try to take a payment for Nov and I was charged an overdraft fee from my bank! When I called Lake Trust the rep said that the form originally said to start in Dec but it was changed to Nov after I signed it! She proceeded to tell me there was nothing she could do because they did not charge me the overdraft fee,my bank did so take it up with them! Very POOR customer service! I would trade my car in so I no longer have to deal with them but I owe more than the car is worth because of all the insurance charges they wont take off! Nothing but problems from the beginning! Do not do business with them!