Evergreen Bank Group Reviews

Fantastic HYSA Option!

While doing some research on the best High-Yield Savings account options, I stumbled upon Evergreen Bank Group. As of 12/17/23, they are offering 5.25% APY on all balances up to $1MM.

Opening the account was smooth and very fast! It took under 3 minutes to open the account. Honestly, compared to other institutions, you could tell that they put thought into their account opening experience and made sure that the experience for the user was easy and straight-forward.

I was reading other reviews who mentioned that they didn’t like some of the transfer limits. While my opening deposit was clearing I set up an external bank which was again, easy to do. Since my funds are now clear, transferring money and initiating from the external institution has been perfect! If I initiate in the morning on a business day, the money is in the recipient account the next day. Perfect for what I need.

Highly recommend if you’re looking for a safe place to park some funds! I’ll also be looking into their checking and CD products.

Atrocious Bank

Evergreen Ripoff group bought an auto loan I had with another bank, which I never had a single issue with. The second Evergreen bought the loan I’ve had non stop issues from random fees being added, horrible customer service, automatic payments not being drafted, forced placed insurance added ($3,400)even though I had insurance coverage they tried to sneak it in a add it to my account. I went though with an auditor on Monday he account and they caught over $8,789 of charges in the bank had been trying to sneak in over approx a 4 year period. Went I sent in the supporting documents they denied it until I said then I will take this to court they paid it back because they knew they had been adding illegal fees. I finally paid off the loan and still dealing with the horrible lies and denial of this place not giving me the proper documentation. I would avoid this bank at all costs.

Exceptional Nightmare They Meant!

I can attest it's been ab exceptional nightmare! STAY AWAY! Rip off fees and locked account. Customer service and management does not care about satisfying customers.

Seamless And Exceptional Experience With Evergreen Bank

I recently had the pleasure of opening a savings account at Evergreen Bank. Outstanding customer service. They were attentive to my needs, making the process smooth and enjoyable. I was particularly impressed with the efficiency in processing documents and setting up my account.

No ATM Refunds As Advertised & Limited Transfers (See Disclosures)

I was really excited to open an account with Evergreen Bank. They have a high interest account and a checking account that offered unlimited ATM rebates. Interest payments & ATM reimbursements (allegedly) are paid in the middle of the month.

When I open new accounts I never go 'ALL IN'. I like to get a flow of where things are going. I only deposited $1,000 split between the accounts. I withdrew $300 to see if the ATM fee got reimbursed and attempted to transfer money.

The disclosures only allow small transfers.
The ATM fee never got reimbursed.
Customer Service via mail always insists on calling in. Feels like AI

I transferred all my assets back to my other bank and will allow them to close my accounts out.

So why 1 star and not 2? I don't like being lied to. Not reimbursing an ATM fee and asking via mail, to then be directed to their customer service number showed a lack of trust and ethics.

Way Too Many Restrictions!

Spoke with this bank, and found the amount of restrictions and requirements for transferring money in an out to be overwhelming. Even the customer service representative had to keep checking to be able to come up with an answer. If they are confused, that is a sure sign of bank confusion.
This was way too much to deal with, so I will not open an account with them no matter how good the interest rate.

I'd Give 5 Stars Except For 3 Day Hold On Deposits !!!

I called Customer Service & was connected to Josh within a few minutes. He was very helpful & took the time needed to answer all of my questions about the High Yield Online Savings account. My only disappointment was that deposits do NOT post until the 3rd business day after they are initiated!! This means the bank does NOT pay you interest for 2 days after they receive your money! If they posted deposits 1 business day after initiation, I would give Evergreen 5 stars but they wait until the 3rd business day so they lose a whole star!

Banks make money at your expense when they delay paying you interest! Other competitive banks post deposits either the same day (Customers Bank) or 1 business day later (Primis Bank).

Despite my one disappointment, I applied for a High Yield Online Savings Account which only took a few minutes & was approved immediately! I was then able to enroll in online banking. This was a very smooth process.

Semitransparent

Account opening was very easy. One thing I don't like is that the current interest rate on the account is not shown in the dashboard, so you would need to call them or wait 'til the monthly statement comes out. They also have a 9-business day hold period on the deposits.

STAY AWAY FTOM THIS FINANCIAL INSTITUTION

This particular financial institution is a phony and a fraud. An online account was applied for with this particular financial institution and was denied without a reason or explanation provided by the bank. It is better to deal with financial institutions that one can go to in person instead of an online financial institution.

Wonderful Experience

Green banking offers a different kind of service. They make sure to take care of you! Love this bank

Perfect Bank With Family-Like Service

This bank offers amazing service that makes you feel at home! Wonderful bank with wonderful people :D

Evergreen Bank

I have been a customer with Evergreen Bank for nearly 3 years. I use them for personal banking with both a checking and small savings account. They provide reasonable fees, which can be waived with direct deposit, etc. I find them to have competitive interest rates, especially compared to smaller lenders.

I have received good customer service, and they have resolved my problems and issues quickly and effectively.

Positive Experience With EP Bank With Community Roots

Very positive experience working with EP Bank. I am beginning to transition my retirement funds from the sometimes shady cyber space stock market back into my neighborhood bank that has a history in my community for decades. It's comforting to know my retirement funds are back in EP....not just floating in the virtual stock market....Try to find the stock market on a map.... I now know where my retirement funds are located!