First National Bank Texas Reviews

More Support For Scams Than For Customers

I have had accounts, both savings and checking and held a couple thousand dollars between them here and never had an overdraft or any negative banking experience. I get an unauthorized charge and this stink-hole of a bank sides with the scam and #$%%^ me! Needless to say. I am done with them. Accounts closed today and I am going to tell this story anywhere and everywhere I can! STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE UNLESS YOU WANT TO HAVE YOUR MONEY GIVEN AWAY BY THE THEM!!!!!!!

Something About This Bank Is Sideways

DO NOT OPEN AN ACCOUNT WITH THIS BANK UNLESS YOU ABSOLUTELY HAVE NO CHOICE!! All I know is that the customer service reps at the counters are more concerned about signing up people for new accounts and helping them who already have accounts. The whole process of opening the account seem to take it for long period of time. We got issue temporary cards that didn't work anywhere. Then we got our new cards. Every time I call into check something on my account it tell me my card was an active or that I needed to set a pin. I did this every time I got the card. Then they practice something the wife likes to call creative banking. They seem to apply pending charges in whatever time sequence they want. Will have paid for things days prior and they'll show up as pending charges still. Now we signed up with zelle to them and we have money sitting in our cell that shows his pending. Zelle is national banking association money transfer app that the banks themselves set up to do this so why is it if they sponsor this app themselves why can't I get the money deposited immediately. Also the debit cards themselves actually suck. Mine always says something's wrong with the chip. Same thing my wife goes through. there's so much I would definitely think twice before I sign up with this bank that's all I'm saying at this point I'm pretty sure the wife and I will be removing our direct deposits in our accounts from their Bank within the next week.

RUN DON't WALK

This bank is the absolute worst I've ever dealt with. It should be called First IN-convenience Bank, since it has very limited customer service hours, availability, and horrible wait times via phone (1.5 hr wait to report fraudulent activity on my acct?!). Plus UN-friendly, ancient website and policies. If you become victim to fraudulent charges - even if detected / reported same day - you are still held responsible for those charges. Why even put your money in their bank, when it's not kept safe and you have no protection? Not at all like other banks I've used who actually WANT your business... seriously, this is the last straw, I'm pulling the rest of my money out this week.

18Th Century Service

My wife and I were already in the process of leaving this glorified check cashing joint they call a bank when they got rid of 24 hr phone support.... leaving my wife stranded with a disabled debit card. Fast forward to today...I went to this branch and withdrew from the ATM for our casino trip. The branch manager happened to be working the teller line. She refused to exchange for big bills. I was flabbergasted when she told me to go to the Kroger courtesy counter. I can't wait for my new bank's debit cards to arrive so we can be done with this unprofessional institution.

Terrible Bank

This is probably the 4th time I have to call them because they keep blocking my card everytime I want to use it to pay for something. I’m sick of it why even have a bank account. About to go to Chase since they are way more trustworthy when it comes to keeping your money. Never had an issue with them. The only reason why I keep my acct opened is because they do pay on Thursdays but that’s about it. Not worth the pain as well as their customer service takes at least 30 minutes to get a rep on the call. Worst bank I’ve ever used. Do not recommend!!!

Horrible!!

I just filed a complaint against 1st National Bank with the OCC. They have been holding over $2000 of mine over 15 months. The people in the branch act stupid and you can't get through on the phone. I wrote a letter requesting my funds they answered saying I would have pay research fees of $20 an hour. How do they do any business they're the most dishonest bank I've ever dealt with. And they charged exhoberant fees. STAY AWAY!!

DONT BANK WITH THIS PLACE

Wish I could give them a ZERO. This bank is the worst, they are stuck in 1982 with how they manage everything, I have been unable to access my account since yesterday because they rolled out a new app, lol. They text gibberish that doesn't even make sense. "Available keywords are: " what? I'm so done, taking my savings elsewhere.

Worst Bank Ever

This is the Worst bank ever.. I was charged a overdraft fee of $102 dollars which is ridiculous.... I never overdrew my account a merchant charged my account without me knowing online I'm definitely going to find me another bank they are horrible customer service is horrible as well.. when it comes to using cash app or PayPal good luck because if a person doesn't send you money before 5 pm you won't get it until the next day

First Inconvenience

This bank is the worst institution i have ever dealt with. I have had bank accounts for over 45 years and this is the worst one ever. I feel bad for two employees who are good but not accepting checks that the manager ok'd for years from an oil company that were under 50$ or claiming that the cash was dirty and refusing to accept it. The bank is the one who sends damaged cash to be destroyed. Or this one, sign up for no overdrafts. They decide whether or not that 34$ is coming out or not. If its electronic its going to cost you because its electronic, if its a check they charge you to stop payment, 34$ oh and a few days later another 34$ for negative balance.
Then when there is a mistake they will have you spend hours getting the company to admit they wrongly charged your account but then they tell you it was not a bank error. Well no crap, it was a wrongful charge. Say bye to your 68$ and the time you wasted getting all that to them. They may have open hours but its not worth dealing with teen agers and special ed graduates that dont understand that a customer pays the bills.
Dont go to Compass either but stay clear of these idiots and thieves.
I will say they have a couple good employees at the White settlement branch. The 2 men only. 4/2018- 4/ 2019, they may still be there. The main bank practices the theft wholesale also. Only use this as a back up bank. Even their website had to be opened, closed then opened a second time to get it to work.

Licensed To Steal Your Money

This bank is the worst ever. I don't understand how they are still in business. They will charge you nsf fees but you cannot see why in your online account. Your online account does not show you everything going on in your account. BEWARE!

1/10 Would Not Recommend

Had so many accounts with them and 100 bad experiences for every 101 overall. They allow overdrafts regardless of your opting in or out and they then hit you with that 34 dollar fee they love oh so much. They charged me probably 12 times overall and they’re never legitimate this last time I more than had the money in my second account and the company was also issueing a refund for the amount. Plus!!! It was 12.33 over( 2.33 over their “threshold “) once I get the chance I’m done with them. I would rather deal with a better bank. I do NOT recommend at ALL

ONLINE ACCOUNT CREATION IS THE WORST ONE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED

i WAS TRYING TO DO ONLINE BANKING WITH THEM AND THEY ENDED TAKING MY MONEY OFF MY CARD THEN TELLING ME I HAD TO GO IN AND OPEN UP A ACCOUNT ANYWAY.I WAS TRYING TO AVOID THE LONG LINES(THERE LINE IS ALWAYS SO SLOW AND LONG)THEN THEY TELL ME MY MONEY WILL BE BACK ON MY CARD IN 3-5 BUISNESS DAYS...WHATS THE POINT OF DOING ONLINE BANKING CREATE A ACCOUNT JUST TO TELL PEOPLE THAT THEY WILL HAVE TO COME IN ANYWAY AND ON TOP OF ALL OF THAT THEY MAKE YOU WAIR 24 HOURS BEFORE TELLING YOU THIS SO NOW YOU HAVE TO BACK TRACK....SMH YOU ALL NEED TO DO BETTER AND STOP RUSHING JUST TO COMPETE WITH OTHER BANKS-GET IT TOGETHER.

If You Opened An Account Close It Immediately!

DO NOT BANK HERE. I was changed over 40 dollars just for using my account. I was told the only way to cash my check at the walmart i went to was to open an account with them when in reality they should've directed me to the walmart customer service or money center. All of my information was entered incorrectly after i opened my account and now they won't work with me at all. The debit card doesn't work over 50% of the time.

Awful BANK! STAY AWAY!

They never help the customers. My husband and I have had so many problems with this bank. They accidently posted 100 dollars to my account and then took the money out of my account and then posted 2 pending fees after they took the 100$ out that they are at fault for in the first place and overdrafted me 68 dollars. If anybody here is paying medical bills this is not the bank to bank with. They are so awful they lie to you about there policies they will tell you one thing and do something different. THEY ARE TERRIBLE AT FIRST CONVENIENCE BANK!

Bank Is To Small Should Close Down

When you call your on hold for 30 min! People are very rude over the phone and they don’t take care there customer every time I call them it’s a list of what you don’t do !!!! Bank is trash stay away

So Done With This Bank

I have had nothing but problems with them for months. Now I am 200 in the hole because they double charged a card when they shouldn't and fee'ed me 4 times. For their mess up. Switching asap.

I Have To Pay $5 For Close My Account??!!!????

I opened account at Houston, Texas. I moved to San Jose, CA. There is not bank close my house to deposit money in and get money out. Then I got mail, that ask me have to use my, if account not active, they will charge $35 on my money if I don't use it ??? so I called in to close it. They will send my the money order, but they have to charge me -$5 for that!! I said, last time other bank never ever do that to me!! So please be inform. When they use my money have more interest then share me like nothing... but when I close want to get me more??? is it right way to do business?? CUSTOMER FIRST, right ????

I Will Never Bank With 1St National Bank Of Texas

This is by far the worst bank I have ever dealt with I have been charged the same fee 4 times in one day I call the customer service number and that was a major fail this bank is so unprofessional and in humane that it’s ridiculous over 207.00 in fees I will never recommend this low class bank to anyone 1st national never has to worry about my services again I will also make sure I spread the news to my co works as well as others THIS BANK SUCKS!!!!!!!

Horrible Bank First National Bank Texas

Hate this bank they have a fee for everything and they dont do life happens for a 1 time overdraft fee reimbursement. Calling customer service your either gonna get hung up on when they say they are putting you on hold OR nasty attitude. I was told by them when I got an overdraft fee that I should put overdraft protection on and I said well of you didnt charge for it then I would and for the past year I've had the account I've never overdrawn before!!!!! Hate that there is no arms to deposit checks or cash at. hate that the app SUCKS. Hate you have to go inside a store. Closing my account next week and cant wait! Already opened my chase account you get 3 life happens and FREE overdraft protection and if you overdraft under $5 there is no fee. First national bank texas has FEES for everything

Changing My Banks After "Loss & Prevention Dept" Holds My Pay Checks Hostage For 7 Days

I recently tried to deposit a $2700 check into my account. 1st NB of Denton, TX saids, my check will be put on 2 days hold so that they can verify my check and that they will allow a credit of $200 out of the $2700 paycheck that I'm trying to deposit to hold me off till my check gets "confirmed" they say... Later on that same night, I go to pump gasoline in my car and I tried to use my Debit Card and it wouldn't work... SO THEY LIED FIRSTLY, about me having at least $200 in my account. Next morning I get an automated email saying that "Loss and Prevention Dept" put my check I'm trying to deposit on hold for another 7 days!!! They said it's because they can't get ahold of issuing bank as they "won't answer their phone"... I call bullshit because this is the same thing that they tried to do when I was a walk-in at the store... they tried calling the number... they didn't pick up... and then put my check on hold for 2 days... then 7 days... Basically, a co-worker who received same paycheck from same company said his bank "Capital One" already deposited the money into his account with no questions asked... meanwhile, I'm in a emergent situation needing to buy a new phone and rental car in Atlanta (out-of-state) this weekend but can't because I don't have any available funds into my account. They took away the $200 I was supposed to have available after putting my whole account on hold for another 7 days... so now, I really don't have any money at my disposal. Most of all, their online login system and mobile apps are straight garbage. Every time, I try to login after some fake "fradulent alert" activity which is actually just me trying to remember what my damn password is and after failing multiple times they put my whole account on hold! I can't even check my account balance online or through mobile applications. This is the worst bank I've ever worked with and I'm canceling my account after I get back from my Atlanta trip in a week.

Horrible Customer Service Dishonest Employees

The bank suspended my card with no notice due to breech of security. I was stranded with no money on the weekend. I called. Was put on hold for hours. Was told I could use debit but not credit. Called again. Was hung up on. Card was still declined . Called back and was told it was my fault for not using pin. Tried again. Declined. Called again. Told it was merchants fault. Gave up went hungry Could not get gas. Called again. Was put on hold for supervisor. Waited an hour. Called on different phone . Told by a recording that offices were closed and would have to call back. In the mean time I checked account and I was charged amount by bank after my card was declined. Employees lie. Someone at the bank is stealing my money

First National Bank Texas (FNBT) And First Convenience Bank (FCB

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS BANK

THEY ARE NOT NATION WIDE BANK

THEY HAVE SERIOUS PROBLEMS WITH CUSTOMER RELATIONS

THEY HAVE ZERO CLUE HOW TO POST ACCURATE REFLECTIONS OF YOUR BANK BALANCES, VIA INTERNET

OUR ATM IN KINGMAN ARIZONA WAS DOWN OVER A WEEK

Address: 3396 Stockton Hill Rd, Kingman, AZ 86409
Phone: (928) 681-3252

MANAGEMENT KNEW OF PROBLEM AND FAILED TO GET IT RESOLVED AS OF TODAY 10-04-2016 THE ATM IS STILL NOT WORKING

WHEN CUSTOMERS USE OTHER ATMs THEY ARE CHARGED FEEs and NOT REIMBURSED

First National Bank Texas (FNBT) and First Convenience Bank (FCB),

THEY allege to have 300 branches and 400 ATMs across Texas, Arizona and New Mexico.

· First National Bank Texas or First Convenience Bank
Attention: Correspondence
PO Box 937
Killeen, Texas 76540 - 0937

· If you are hearing impaired - 866-390-9768 (TTY)

Terrible Customer Service

Nothing but problems with this bank. The biggest attitude I got was from the branch mgr. They don't care about customer at all. I will close my ACCTS asap

Denial Of Access To Funds.

On Monday November 19th 2012 I deposited a check into my account at First Convenience Bank, a division of First National Bank Texas. I called First Convenience Bank and spoke with a customer service supervisor by the name of Else who told me that the funds where placed are hold by the loss prevention department for reasons she was not allowed to share with me, the account holder.  I was also told to call Else back before 4pm on that day(Nov. 23rd 2012) to check for any new information. I called First Convenience Bank at 340pm on that same day, Friday (Nov. 23rd 2012). I was told Else was unavailable and was transferred to another customer service supervisor who's name I do not have recorded. I was told that the issue with the check was due to the loss prevention department not being able to contact the issuing company for verification. I asked why the loss prevention office could make a telephone call to company and ask them for whatever information was needed for the verification of the account and was told that she (the customer service supervisor) was unable to answer that question as the everyone was gone for the weekend.

I called First Convenience Bank at 830am on Monday (Nov. 26 2012) and spoke with a customer service supervisor by the name of Misty. I ask Misty to contact the loss prevention department and to ask that they contact the company who check for verification of the account, after be placed on hold Misty returned and then stated that they had spoke with "someone" at the issuing company and was told that person could not verify the account on which the check was drawn and that First Convenience Bank would continue to refuse access to these funds. I contacted the manager of the Accounts Payable department at the company who issued the check and was told that no one from First Convenience Bank had contacted his department. The Accounts Payable manager also verified that the funds for the check where release from the companies account on Friday (Nov. 23rd 2012). It has now been ten business days I have still have no access to these funds and no attempt has been made to contact me by First Convenience Bank. I now must hire a lawyer to get back the money this bank has taken from me, the “valued customer”.