Huntington National Bank Reviews

Nice simple banking

Posted by: Charlie | Jan 19, 2016

When I first went to this bank to open a basic checking account all the tellers were nice and asked me to have a seat and wait for the manager so I did. I was greeted with a handshake from the manager and asked to his office and had a seat.

The manager was very informal and discussed sports with me and happily opened a checking account that I was comfortable with, I was made to feel welcome and at home and felt like they wanted my business, I would recommend Huntington to others as well.

Five Stars

Posted by: Terjay | Sep 28, 2015

I had a great personal experience with Huntington Bank. They helped me open up my bank account with me half way not even there. I came on a Wednesday about 15 minutes before closing. We didn't have time to open my account as they needed a good 45 minutes. She took all of my information, copy of driver license, my email, phone number etc. I explained that I could come back tomorrow and try to finish up. I explained I will never make it earlier than this time. She was so accommodating and personal. The next day she opened my account and sent me confirmation to my email. The next day all I had to do was go into the bank and sign the paper work. Once again I get there 15 minutes before closing, but the young lady left all my paper work and informed the teller I would be there. Once I got there all I had to do was sign my new account papers and I was done. I have an account at a big bank, but I really really like Huntington Bank, I will look at them first for my car loan.

My Huntington Experience

Posted by: Siax1337 | Mar 11, 2015

Huntington bank is a bank that I recently switched to, as it is one of the only available banks near my university. This bank has excellent customer service and the staff is extremely friendly and more than willing to help with any questions one may have. The banking process is made very easy with Huntington and I have not had any problems so far in the few months iv'e been a Huntington bank user. Not only is their customer service above the average, but also the ease of access is beyond standard. The bank allows customers to receive both online reports of your account, as well as the option to have bank statements sent to your home address. This makes it very easy to keep track of what purchases you have made and to ensure that your bank account is safe and in good standings.

The best bank in the midwest, period

Posted by: TheMan232 | Feb 28, 2015

Huntington Bank is hands down the best bank in the Midwest. Their products are highly competitive, and their customer service is outstanding. Being headquartered in Ohio, the company has a good feel for what people in the Midwest look for in a bank. One thing that really stands out to me is their fraud protection. Last year, the credit card that I have with Huntington was compromised. Before I was even aware of what had happened, their fraud department shut down my card, and then contacted me to let me know what they had done, and to help me open a new credit card. The agent that I dealt with was very friendly, and I could tell that she wanted to make sure I was satisfied with the experience. I was very appreciative of the actions they took to protect my identity and my money.

Customer Service

Posted by: JsNelly | Dec 23, 2014

I have been with Huntington bank for as long as I can remember. I would say that my experience with Huntington has been great. I have always been pleased with their customer service. There was one specific incident that happen about 3 years ago where they went above and beyond to help me. At the time, I was living in an apartment with a landlord that was absolutely horrible. The landlord charged me for my rent twice in the same month which cause my account to overdraft. I attempted to dispute this with the landlord but they would not work with me or take the time to listen. I went to a Huntington branch to let them know what happened. One of the representatives took me into his office and called the landlord on my behalf. He argued with them for about 30 minutes to make them understand what they did. He was able to finally convince them of their error and the landlord agreed to write me a check for a refund. I was so thankful for this mans help. He really went above and beyond to help me.

250 Dollars In Fees After Illegal Charge

Posted by: sarahn | Jul 8, 2014

This is a horrible horrible bank. I've been with them for a year and have repeatedly dealt with fraud on my account. The employees are not helpful. At first they are nice, say they will follow up, then never respond and I find out later they never did anything (like send me a new bank card). The last straw was a 305 dollar charge that I didn't authorize. Somehow this is my fault? Unlike the other fraud charges, this one happened during an unusually low balance and I got 6 overdraft charges in about 24hours. They refuse to return my money. Unbelievable. My attorney friend says I should just move on....bad people. Terrible bank.

Very Poor Service

Posted by: haggerman | Jan 7, 2014

Recently decided to change banks after 20 years with Huntington. Just constant mistakes and runaround with managers, from monthly scheduled payments messing up to my son getting a 24 Hour Grace Period alert and adding money within 12 hours and still getting fees.

You can be on the phone for hours and talk to half a dozen people and still not talk to someone who has the power to do the simplest task. I'm moving my small business accounts and loans to another smaller bank, I wish I had years ago.

Hunting Bank Charges You If You Close Your Account

Posted by: CTaylor | Jul 31, 2013

Huntington Bank makes no mention of the policy they have to charge $25 if you close your checking account within the first 6 months.  I found this out after I was not permitted to withdraw any funds on the 3rd of the month, the day my SSI is direct deposited.  This was a new account and I had never experienced this in the past at any other financial institution.  The female bank manager was rude and abrupt which lead me to want to close the account.  I was informed that there would be a $25 fee if I close the account within the first six months.  I opened an account at another financial institution and left $1.00 at Huntington.  (There is also an inactivity fee if you don't make deposits or withdrawals or write checks.)

RIP OFF! Flyer Mile Scam!

I have banked with Huntington bank since I was a child (I am 38 now) and I can not believe how they have treated me. I had a Huntington credit card with Worldpoints rewards on it for YEARS and now all of my miles are gone! Over 100,00!! It took me years and years to acquire that amount of points!! Not to mention the $100,000 I had to spend to get them. They switched credit from Visa to Mastercard and while doing so they didn't move the points over. I had saved those miles for many years and for them to not take the time to move them to the new card is ridiculous. I am shocked they would do something like that. I plan on closing all of my accounts with them and moving on to a bank that cares.

Stay Away From Huntington Banks!

Posted by: tomclause | Dec 21, 2012

I have had a very bad time with Huntington Banks in the Cleveland, OH area.   I came into the bank about 15 minutes before they closed along with about 4 other people.  I needed to make a deposit that day so that I could cover a check.

The Manager said that she could make the deposit but asked if she could do it after she waited on the others. Long story short, she didn’t make the deposit and I was billed for penalties. When I saw the penalties, I called her and she said no problem she would get them waived.  Well later I got a call from a collection company that said I owe $345.50.  I called the local VP and went back over everything that happened and the teller lied to her and she believed her teller over the customer.  I had to pay the $345 bucks.  I'm now with another bank and am so glad I made the switch.

NO 24-Hour Grace Anymore!

Posted by: Anonymous | Oct 19, 2012

Everything is changing for this bank. Charging almost $40 for 'RETURN' item and are not considering 24-hour grace any longer. Watch out for this false advertising. Do no trust this bank for a minute. When asked why they are not considering this one-time ever this happened check, I was told, "It is determined by the person making decision that day and they decide if it is "return" or passed through. So, we have to wait and see what "mood" this person is in and then they will decide whether or not they want to consider "24-hour grace." Also, went to drive-through banking last week and had to wait! When I pushed the customer button, a woman came to window after a few more minutes and said they had an important meeting right now, and acted as if I was interrupting her. Management must be pretty bad to not even consider WHO will cover the window during this meeting.

Please Keep Your Hands Off My Checkbook. Thank You!

Some of you are way too kind-giving Huntington Bank more than 1 star-I have never had trouble balancing my checkbook until Huntington bank decided to do it for me-putting through the largest check that came in last, on a Tuesday morning, before putting in the smaller checks that came in starting the Friday before-caused many bounced checks and many fees-you know why they did it?  Because they instruct their employees in far off lands to withdraw the largest amounts first that occur in a 5 day (2day weekend/non business arena) first-"it might be their insurance check or mortgage payment" so they are doing us a favor!  This way one check clears and many bounce.  Sometimes I do have to live paycheck to paycheck and I juggle my bills accordingly.  Never had a problem before.  I am 53 years old and also have a substantial amount in different accounts with them that I have started to close!  So Huntington-go Nationwide-PLEASE-Just go!!!!

Freezing Account

Posted by: MJS | Sep 12, 2012

Recently we deposited a large check in our savings. We understood it would take awhile for the check to clear and those funds would not be available to us. But, we were  shocked to find out they froze our entire savings account.

I transfer funds from the saving to the checking to pay bills, but now, can't do so online. If I want my own money transferred I have to go to that bank, ask for my money to be transferred to checking and they will do an "over-ride", and do it for me. But, the weekend is coming...then what?  No one would explain why the other money was included in the freeze,but one rep said our local branch manager did it (when we deposited the money). Another supervisor talked to her in our behalf. All that was said is NOTHING can be done!  I have been with this same bank for 25 years....long before it was even Huntington's. I saw many changing faces, but the ones that have succeeded are the ones who have "customer service skills" and know how to treat and keep a customer. Perhaps, some banks have grown too big to bother or care.

24 Hr. Grace

Posted by: dagibs8 | Sep 12, 2012

I had a bill that was denied payment, which Huntington charged a fee. When I called, and

questioned the 24 hr. grace I was told that it did not apply for non payment. I could not get a

direct answer as to why they chose not to honor their advertisement on the 24 hr. grace, except

that I should open up a savings account with them to keep this from happening again. Seems to

me that they are trying to force people by charging for what should have been forgiven.

Mortgage Disappointment And Dishonesty

Posted by: Anonymous | Jun 29, 2012

Had a horrible experience with the loan department. They harassed me daily about closing on the loan. When we scheduled the closing, a notary came with the paperwork and our borrowed amount increased 2,700 and our payment went up by $70/ month. I obviously refused to sign, and the loan agent yelled at me over the phone that it wasn't his fault. Will never deal with such a shady company again.

Would Not Honor Promotion

Posted by: SShahabi | Jun 7, 2012

I opned an account with Huntington Bank in early March of 2012. They were advertising a $100 promotion for opening new account. I completed the terms as requested. when I contatced the bank to get promo they said I was not eligible. They kept giving me the runaround. It took several weeks to find out that the bank does not care about it's customers. I would not deal with Huntington again..

Changing Terms And Conditions For Deposits Is Ongoing

Have had an account with Huntington for many years.  A while ago, I got a call from the bank manager telling me that no non-Huntington ATM deposits would process any longer.  I was very perplexed as I have not had any trouble with deposits in the past.

Have had the account long enough that Huntington ATM depopsit will only credit $400.00 pending until deposit is verified and posted.  Have not had trouble in the past with outstanding 24-hour Grace Period items not clearing once my deposit is made (unless deposit was really late at night).

Now I am told that NSF fees occurred because my whole deposit wasn't posted, even though the "whole deposit" would have brought balance to the black once verified and posted.  I asked to have fees removed.

I was told that couldn't happen and deposits must be made in Huntington ATM before 10:30 a.m. in order to clear for terms on 24-hour Grace Period.  Never, never, NEVER had that condition been in place for prior deposit transactions!  Therefore, MORE NSF fees were added.

Went to the bank and made 2 seperate deposits since I needed more than $400 to bring balance to the black.  ATM slips that show what my deposits were and what balance was available.  Logged in the next morning & they ignored the deposits, returned items and then added more NSF fees!

How do they keeping changing deposit terms so much!?

Huntington Is NOT Honoring This Advertised Deal.

Posted by: mbanks | Jan 18, 2012

I told someone who was opening an account at a different local bank about how Huntington is such a great bank and that I have my personal and business accounts there.  I could not have been more embarrassed.  They went into Huntington and were told NO.  I sent them the above URL from Huntington which advertises $100 if you open an account by March 30, 2012, and the bank called Huntington and asked to honor the deal and was also told NO.  I called Huntington and I was talked down to by someone who said the "powers from above get to decide".  Like we have left this world and are now under the influence of a Magical one.  I was flabbergasted.  I have substancial holdings and business accounts with payroll at Huntington, apparently they don't need my business because they are well on there way to losing it.

Easy Bank To Deal With

Posted by: bonepicker | Jan 8, 2012

Very friendly staff, always willing to listen.  Low to no fees on checking.  They do not force you to have a debit card if you do not want one. They help you with your online banking.  Their loan rates are excellent and they always tell you when they have come down and you could rewrite your loan.  I love their hours and the easy to use online banking. The only recommendation I could make is free checks on a seniors account.

Stellar Customer Service, Competitive Rates, Great Prducts/Services

I have banked with Huntington for about 7 years now and I have never had a bad experience. Everyone from the tellers to the investment reps are very helpful and courteous, they go above and beyond to ensure my satisfaction. I have always been one to maintain control over my checkbook but even if I wasn't they make it virtually impossible to overdraw your account. They send you notifications to your phone and/or email once you've gone below you're set "low balance" (which you choose since the definition of a low balance differs from customer to customer). They also notify you by cel and/or email when you have over drafted and they give you til the next business day to make it right before you are accessed a fee. Literally, only a primate or an idiot could mess up this account. I always feel bad for the bankers when I see someone coming in complaining about their overdraft fees because the banker says "well let's take a look at your balance book and see what was maybe missed" and people go "What balance book?" Come on people this is elementary banking, it is not the banks fault that you spent outside your means. They have very competitive rates for today’s market and I am very happy with the rate I got for my money market and my investments. Also, because of my deposit balance I get a laundry list of free features including thier VERY user friendly online banking/bill pay. My kids (broke college students) have their accounts with Huntington as well and it has been so easy for them to maintain. The hours are so convenient!! Open 7 days a week and until 7pm on the weekday. They are also opening full service branches in all of the Giant Eagle grocery stores which have even more extended hours!! The number of locations of Huntington Banks is also ideal for me. About 7 atm/banking office locations near/in the city I live and about 5 in the area I work. My only quip about this bank is that it is a midwest bank, they should go national because they would dominate the industry!