Limelight Bank Reviews

Best Rates And Solid, Fast Customer Service

Been with them almost a year - my first CD is about to rollover. Not one single complaint. I've opened a new CD roughly every month, and the interest rates just keep going up. Best interest rates I've found. And the customer service is fast, friendly and on point.

Poor Online Security

I don't know what happens if you complete the account creation process, but if you save for later, they send an email containing your password to you. Since email travels the internet in clear text, this is an extremely poor security practice, especially since you just gave them your name, address, email address, and social security number. Seems like an online bank should already know this.

Great for CD Investment Only

I currently have a 18 month CD with Limelight Bank, which most people have never heard of because I sure hadn't until I starting searching online for CD options. When I was a sophomore in college my boyfriend's father introduced me to a company named ING (which is now Capital One) and he encouraged me to open a savings account because their rates were much higher. Luckily, I still have contact with that same ex-boyfriend's father who recommended that I look in to Capital Community Bank, which is owned or part of Limelight. I had great experience with ING and at the time their interest rates were awesome and obviously over time they were lowered and bought out, but I had a great experience with them. This lead me to Limelight.

I had currently come in to a little money and did not want to tie my money up, but I also didn't want to just have it sit in my savings account making no money so after some research I decided to give my business to Limelight. Before I officially signed up I called their 1-800 number to speak with a customer representative to make sure this place was real. I was a little worried because there was not a lot of information online at their CD accounts. I decided to go with this bank only because of their interest rates for CDs were some of the highest and best return. The other somewhat issues I could see some people having was the requirement to deposit $1000. I didn't have a problem with that but I was a little surprised when I spoke with someone and they were so demanding of that. The rep I spoke with was very helpful and even mailed me multiple paged of terms and disclosure document for the CD. During this conversation I also learned that if I needed to access any of the money in the CD they allowed partial withdrawals which is pretty awesome and unusual and I also loved how multiple beneficiares could be assigned and I did not have to ask anyone for a SS number. It was super easy to wire over money electronically from my one back until the online tool into my CD with just a routing and account number. Super easy bank, very nice reps over the phone, online tool is easy to use and even though I have only used for a 18 month CD..I am very happy overall.

Great rates on CD

I was looking for something to do with my savings account so that it was earning more than the paltry quarter of a percent (that's .25%) at my credit union. I decided to do a CD ladder since this was medium-term savings and didn't necessarily need to be totally liquid. I checked Bankrate.com and they led me to Limelight Bank. I'd never heard of them but they had the best 6 month rates for deposits above $1000. It was 1.44% at the time. Moving my money was straightforward. I gave them the routing number and account number of my credit union and a couple of days later the CD was funded. I can't speak for customer service because I haven't had to use them (and that's my vision of a great company).

Real Good CD rates

Recently as far as June of last year, I was looking for an bank institution,online or offline, that had really good CD rates to both invest my money and get a good return after the CD time period was up to either renew or stop all together. After stopping by Discover, Barclay's, and American Express, I luckily found out about LimeLight Bank from a good friend of mine's who uses their services. I finally decided to take the plunge and at least try it out with the minimum amount requirement and so far, everything has bee excellent up to now. My experience with them has been awesome so far. Every time I had question about certain products and their rates, I was either able to send and email and get it answered almost immediately or give them a call and have all my questions answered very thoroughly and efficiently. I'm looking forward to banking and making business with LimeLight in the future. They have helped me plan and move forward into my future.

Great experience

I chose Limelight because it was recommended to me by a friend. She said that their rates were better than the rate of my current bank I was using. I called customer service because I had a few questions that weren't answered online and they were very helpful and friendly. The process was so easy and I was even so glad to know that there are no hidden fees . They helped me through the whole process right away and the whole set up was quick and simple. Talking to an actual person instead of an automated machine was very comforting . I highly recommend Limelight.

Love LIMELIGHT

I have a CD at Limelight. It's a 18 month CD with a 1.65 annual percentage rate, which is a fantastic rate. I chose Limelight because it was recommended to me by a friend. He told me that their rate was better than the rate of the current local bank I was using, and he was right. I called customer service before I started because I had a few questions that weren't answered online and, I'll admit, my computer skills are limited. They were very helpful and friendly. The process was very easy and I was happy to find out that there are no hidden fees. They walked me through the setup process right then and there. Talking to a real person was comforting to me. I highly recommend Limelight to all of my family and friends every chance I get.