Northwest Bank (PA) Reviews

They Claim To Be Small Business Friendly...

Ive been a loyal customer with this bank for eight years and the bank manager I spoke to clearly didn’t care about keeping my business. Also, they claim to be small business and family friendly but they didn’t notify me for five days when my account was overdrawn, resulting in eight $40 overdraft fees. No family or small business could reasonably afford that. On top of that that refused to refund more than two of the fees even after I filed an official complaint, and told them I’d be closing my accounts if the problem wasn’t addressed in a reasonable manner.

Why I love my small town bank

I have banked at Northwest Saving bank for over twenty years. I started with this bank because they were closer to my home and their rates were much better than Mellon Bank who was my previous bank. Northwest has a small town friendliness that was there when I started banking with them and has stayed the same. The bank participates in our community events which is something a larger bank does not do. I have known the names of the tellers and bank managers through the years because they are employees that have stayed with the bank. I do not use their online bank site and probably never will because I like to go to the bank to transact my business. I have all my savings and checking accounts, both personal and business with Northwest. This bank rarely has problems with my accounts and when it does I receive a personal call from a bank employee stating they had either computer errors or I have made a mistake in my business deposit. I really appreciate the person to person contact which is missing in most banking institutions. Northwest is a bank I trust, can depend on and best of all it is a bank that makes my banking experience pleasant. Can you tell I love my little hometown bank? Other banks like PNC have tried to lure my business accounts away from Northwest, but I know what I like and so I have never switched banks. I fully expect that I will bank at this bank for all my business services until I retire and then just use it for my personal banking.

Disappointment

They bought out local bank. Their fees are high, customer service is really poor and internet banking does not work consistently.

My Review of Northwest Savings Bank

My husband and I have been banking with Northwest Savings Bank for almost 4 years. Overall, we have been pretty satisfied with our experience with this bank. It was simple to open up a checking account with them, and we liked that it requires no fees to do so. The customer service is usually good. Sometimes it takes awhile to get ahold of the guy in charge of loans. We were able to get a personal loan to consolidate some debt, and we like the competitive interest rates this bank offers. Unfortunately, this bank was not able to help us with a mortgage. However, I would probably reccommend this bank to others.

Hometown bank, big bank skills

This Pittsburgh has always been able to handle all of my personal banking needs. I've run into very few problems here and have no intention of leaving. I've grown accustomed to them and feel like I am a valued guest whenever I walk in. There's nothing I feel they wouldn't do for me in order to get done what I need done. The team there almost becomes family as we see each other and we chat about the things going on in our lives. This bank has everything bigger banks have but more charm.

Refinance A Cluster!

We refinanced a loan through Northwest Savings Bank twice! They screwed the loan up so much that they never paid our taxes and our taxes became default. We had to come up with the money for the taxes after they gave us the loan that was suppose to cover them. As soon as we can refinance again we are leaving!