Northwest Bank (PA) Reviews

Do Not Recommend!!

If I could give 0 stars I would! I’ve had my car loan with this bank since January 2021 and have had nothing but problems since - especially with getting set up on draft and then being kept on draft (of no fault of my own). I spent 5 hours on the phone with some of the rudest people I have ever spoken with trying to get draft set up to begin with and now I’ve been taken off it again with no explanation and no warning. I didn’t receive any notice that my April payment wouldn’t be drafting and when I called nobody could give me an answer as to why. The best explanation I got was “maybe your draft form got deleted somehow”. I would have gladly paid a higher interest rate to keep from having to deal with this bank and people who work in their service department.

Worst Banking Experience Ever

Worst bank EVER! Terrible website and the most non user-friendly app in existence. It’s took 3 phone calls just to set up the account so I could make a payment. After finally getting it done and my first payment made I come home today after two weeks and find a late notice in my mail. When I called they could see that I set up the payment but didn’t give the mysterious authorization code which I never received so the payment didn’t go through. Apparently after two weeks three phone calls and several headaches I finally got to the point where I could make a payment but then decided “no I’ve gone as far as I will go and I will not give them an authorization code“. To make a payment over the phone is $10 my late fee was over $22. This bank is inventing new ways to screw their customers. Believe me, you are not so desperate that you need a loan from this bank. I am seeking alternative financing this week because I would rather pay another loan origination fee then deal with this incompetent bank another single day

Incredibly Poor Service

When I needed information concerning the balance and payments on a mortgage on my second home held by this bank, in order to refinance my first home, the agent refused to give it to me initially, and when they did they refused to send it electronically. I was fortunate that I had a good broker or my mortgage would have fallen through. I strongly recommend anyone against doing business with this bank.

Northwest bank

Northwest Bank is the second bank I have used. The first financial savings institute I used was a credit Union. I disliked the credit union a lot, because it took them 10 months to send me a new debit card once mine expired. It took so long in fact that I had already moved onto Northwest Bank and totally forgot about them. Northwest Bank is a nice local bank. Every time I go there it feels like everyone knows me. Very rarely does someone ask for my name. It is like they know me at a personal level. I feel comfortable asking the tellers questions about my accounts, and they respond in a professional manner. I would recommend Northwest bank to everyone I know. If you are looking for a friendly staff, and people that want to help they are the place to go.

They Claim To Be Small Business Friendly...

Ive been a loyal customer with this bank for eight years and the bank manager I spoke to clearly didn’t care about keeping my business. Also, they claim to be small business and family friendly but they didn’t notify me for five days when my account was overdrawn, resulting in eight $40 overdraft fees. No family or small business could reasonably afford that. On top of that that refused to refund more than two of the fees even after I filed an official complaint, and told them I’d be closing my accounts if the problem wasn’t addressed in a reasonable manner.

Northwest Bank

Began working with Northwest Bank a few years ago after they bought my bank at the time, Lorain National Bank. Currently I have a checking and savings account with them, as well as a debit card. I think the biggest plus I have noticed is their online customer support. They have a chat system that is quick and available. Unfortunately, they also have a number of minimum balance fees and other things that I was not accustomed to with my previous bank. Overall, I am fairly satisfied with my experience, though I am thinking of switching to a larger bank for access to more ATMs when I am traveling and the other perks of larger banks.

Why I love my small town bank

I have banked at Northwest Saving bank for over twenty years. I started with this bank because they were closer to my home and their rates were much better than Mellon Bank who was my previous bank. Northwest has a small town friendliness that was there when I started banking with them and has stayed the same. The bank participates in our community events which is something a larger bank does not do. I have known the names of the tellers and bank managers through the years because they are employees that have stayed with the bank. I do not use their online bank site and probably never will because I like to go to the bank to transact my business. I have all my savings and checking accounts, both personal and business with Northwest. This bank rarely has problems with my accounts and when it does I receive a personal call from a bank employee stating they had either computer errors or I have made a mistake in my business deposit. I really appreciate the person to person contact which is missing in most banking institutions. Northwest is a bank I trust, can depend on and best of all it is a bank that makes my banking experience pleasant. Can you tell I love my little hometown bank? Other banks like PNC have tried to lure my business accounts away from Northwest, but I know what I like and so I have never switched banks. I fully expect that I will bank at this bank for all my business services until I retire and then just use it for my personal banking.

Disappointment

They bought out local bank. Their fees are high, customer service is really poor and internet banking does not work consistently.

Refinance A Cluster!

We refinanced a loan through Northwest Savings Bank twice! They screwed the loan up so much that they never paid our taxes and our taxes became default. We had to come up with the money for the taxes after they gave us the loan that was suppose to cover them. As soon as we can refinance again we are leaving!