Space Coast Credit Union Reviews

Worst Service Ever!

Posted by: Trim | Aug 26, 2017

To say that this is the worst bank ever is an understatement. The so called manager Kim at the Malabar location provided the most horrible service and had me and my two small kids escorted out by police because she refused to count out $1800 when I requested to close my account. She also directed her employees not to assist. Their online portal is down several times for the month, and there is a major disconnect between online customer service and in the branch. Almost as though they are two different banks. If this is how a manager treats customers, I would never recommend anyone to this bank. My 10 year old was even shocked at her behavior.

My. Car Loan

I was told to go to Sccu to purchase my car. After buying a charger, 5 months later my job as Store Manager was eliminated due to my company filing bankruptcy of 265 stores, therefore leaving me with a big payment and no job. Seven months later, I am paying on my car loan, which my husband pays from his salary. Back in October I called the bank to see if I could qualify for the Hurricane exemption they were offering g, but it was three days before my payment was due, and was told it would take a week to get back to me, I told her I cod not wait a week because my loan will go.past 30 dats on my credit, so just paid it. The following month I tried to get another month extension, if I could try, to get big fat "NO".
So...I have been paying my car payment and rubbing Peter to pay for Paul. I called again in March to.ask please their has to be something that cod be done to help. Just asking for one month reprise, so I could get ahead. Explained that it was just one salary coming in, and struggling, I just needed help for one lousy payment to be put on the back of the loan. NO STILL CANNOT HELP YOU.

I will never bank with these people again, and I will make it my mission to state what a lousy company this is that they could not help their customer in any way..
The person I spoke too was Julie and was very nice, but could not do anything for me.
As soon as I get back on track, I am making it a point to refinance my car with anoth er bank. By the way you have to make 12 payments b4 they would help you.
Have another car loan with Chrysler Capital, less than a year in the loan, explained my predicament, and they gave me 2 months extension and six months of lowered payment to help me get back on track.
DO NOT FINANCE WITH SPACE COAST

Simple Online Tasks Are Failures!

Posted by: Mlch | Jan 4, 2017

They are far behind Wells Fargo, I hate to say this but we have tried many times to link my account and my boyfriends account so money transfers can be quick and simple, we even went to the location to get that done and our accounts are still NOT linked. I am having an impossible time trying to link my account to PAYPAL, I click on the PAYPAL link page and sign in and it just loads and loads and loads. I left the page on for 8 hours when I went to work and it was still loading after 8 hours!!!!

Once these problems get resolved and their online issues stop occurring, I will delete this review!

Review Of My Local Bank

Posted by: Lasko | Apr 27, 2016

Space Coast credit Union is a bank that is located in Florida. I have purchased a car by getting an loan throuhg them, and I also have a savings account with SSCU. I have been with SCCU for about 3 years now. I did have to apply to be a member with them, and wait for their approval. Once I was accepted I was then able to open my savings account and apply for my car loan. They offer this member's rewards program, I was sent a little rewards card in the mail. They base the rewards levels on participation of your household and it applies to both my car loan and my savings account, but if you';re a member with them every different type of account like CD's, Credit Cards, etc goes toward you member level. The great thing I like about the member rewards is it qualifies me for discounts. I am a premier level but the levels go all the way up to diamond elite. The only thing that ever really upset me was, i thought I was signed up on paperless statements, and I found out the hard way i was set up on both paper and paperless. They charge $1 to mail me a paper statement, and I didn't know I was getting charged for like 2yrs. So every month I transfer my car payment from one of my other bank accounts into my savings account with SCCU. All of a sudden I'm getting a call from collections this past November telling me I hadn't made my car payment. I explained yes I did and I have been making the same payment on the same day for two years. The customer service rep I spoke with was very nice and helpful. She explained the issue, and I was able to go into my online banking and cancel the paper statements. Since I was getting charged for these it had brought the balance of my account down too low, so they couldn't pull my car payment without my balance getting below the required monthly balance. I just transferred a few extra dollars in from my other account and all was well again. I called back the next day, got another customer service rep that was able to see the notes from the previous day, and she waived the late fee on the car payment, since I had attempted to make the payment and just didn't know I had been paying $1 for paper statements for 2 years. Another great service they offer, since they're only located in Florida, is if you travel they'll connect you with many other credit unions they work with, so you can go out of state and use one of the branches they work with and avoid any type off fees and things like that. Another great feature they offer is with a checking account, they call is ODP, and depending on your direct deposit amount you can qualify for $500-$1000, that you can withdraw in cash, and actually overdraw your account, then when you pay it back you just pay a $25 fee. I thought this was amazing because most banks won't just hand you over $500-$1000 if it's not in your account, but they do require you to be on direct deposit to get this feature. I have had a great experience using SCCU for my savings and car loan. I'm not a bug fan of their online banking I think it needs some work. it's not as user friendly as others I have come across, however they did finally come out with mobile banking. i think they're a little behind the times of technology but they're working to get caught up and that's a step in the right direction in my eyes. I look forward to many more years of membership with them

Checking Account Nightmare!

I have had a wonderful experience with the credit union. I have never been good with checking accounts since my younger years. This credit union assured me they would help in whatever way they could. They were right. I had a so called friend of my deposit a check in my account from her dead husband. I had no idea what was going on. Obviously this is fraud on her part. I won't get into detail about how she managed to do this with out my knowledge but let me just say I trusted her too much. The customer service rep ( the bank teller ) was very helpful and understanding. This was a bad check written for $100.00. Not only did they not charge me a overdraft fee, they wiped the entire slate clean. I was amazed. I would highly recommend this Credit Union to anyone.

Our Home Town Credit Union

Posted by: ANewMember | May 4, 2014

I am new to SCCU. I am very pleased with the whole experience. From teller to the web page (which they redesigned) good job all the way around. I also just got a notice in my email box that my checking account now has no service fees, NONE. Very cool. Moved from Regions Bank to SCCU, I am glad I did. You can tell this is a "local bank". Thank you.

Worst Credit Union Anywhere!

I was a customer of Eastern Financial for twenty years. After Space Coast took over, the service levels plummeted!They are the must customer UN-friendly place to bank anywhere! I would advise anyone who's considering openiing an account there to think twice and bank somewhere else. Space Coast is the worst!

Do Not Bank Here!!!

We have been waiting two years for this bank to send a release of lein in to the state of Florida after we paid off our car.  We just keep hearing they will take care of it but nothing happens. Customer service is snippy and rude.

Do Not Use For Anything

Posted by: Anonymous | Oct 2, 2012

I have the unfortunate circumstances of dealing with this god awful "Credit Union." I bought a car and was recommended to use SCCU, so we did and, boy, what a dumb decision. Never in my life have I found it so complicated to make an online payment. First you have to open a checking account, then, god willing, you setup a transaction from your primary bank account into the SCCU checking account. Hold on it gets better.

After that nightmare then you have to make a payment on your loan, or whatever from the checking account you just deposited into. What a joke. I have talked to multiple "Customer Service Agents." - if you want to call them that. And I can tell you that not a single one of them has a clue. Whenever you ask a question, you are immediately put on hold, and a few minutes later the famous "well I talked to my supervisor and that isn't possible."

Bottom line stay away far far away.

Overdraft Fees For No Reason

Posted by: pilarRT | Aug 16, 2012

I have experienced the worst onslaught of overdraft fees ever in a bank institution.

Last month with overdraft protection i had about 12 overdraft fees of $30 and this month 3 just becase my bills were payed automatically two minutes before my employer deposit came in at 4:26 am today.  I told them the money is there how come you are charging me they just said "it was bad timing".  Last month i was $1,000 overdrawn now thanks to the deposit i was not overdrawn.  I am very unhappy with Space Coast Credit Union.  I really think they have poor customer service and they are not your typical credit union where you have that small bank personal attention.  I am switching.  They also denied me for an auto loan eventhough i had a decent credit score.  I will not recommend this institution to anyone.

Space Coast Sucks

Posted by: 7seahorse | Aug 15, 2012

OMG this company is unbelievable and Stupid past a point. We made a BIG mistake getting a car loan from them to help build my 18 year olds credit. It's like they just want to make it near impossible for you to pay it easily. They said how easy it would be just set up savings account and they would just take money out for payment. They forgot to tell you that they dont take outside transfers unless you open a bank account with them. Yeah right they suck at customer service I'm not going to entrust them with my bank account. The nearest branch is nearly an hours drive, didn't tell us that at the car dealership. The customer service girls just don't listen to anything to try to tell them VERY RUDE. I'm giving them 5 stars for stupidity and rudeness. We will be paying off my daughters car so quick and I hope to never hear thier name again. They really should try to catch up with the modern world.

The Worst Financial Institution In My Experience

Posted by: Barlow | Aug 11, 2012

This is perhaps one the worst financial institutions I have ever encountered, from their lack of professionalism, their "conservative" policies used loosely as an excuse to be down-right mean, their nasty lending practices (just short of hiring people to hurt you - seriously).  Their computer system is out-dated and breaks down almost every other time you need to use it.  If you have any other option for financial care, you should use it.

Please be sure to check ALL the complaints they have against them with the Better Business Bureau - it's pretty extensive.

Stay away from this place.

Check Endorsements

Posted by: Anonymous | Jun 8, 2012

I moved to this Credit Union after leaving a much bigger bank that I had been with for many years. I was very disappointed in what was happening in big-brother banking, so I decided to support my local Credit Union -- I am now regretting this move. I worked in a bank for many years and some things are as plain as black and white and not open for someone's interpretation of how it should be done. When you've got the State telling you the proper way a check issued from them should be endorsed, and the bank telling you that isn't acceptable . . . and won't give you credit for it and reverses it back out of your account and sends it back to you and tells you that you must endorse it the way they say so - nope.

Don't Bank Here..

Posted by: monty024 | May 8, 2012

The credit union will nickel and dime you to death. I made a DEPOSIT at a shared member location and they charged me for a deposit ... that is unheard of. They charge you to use an ATM other then their own. I went to my local credit union to get money out of the ATM, it was broken / out of service on several occasions. The next closest location was across town. I spoke with a customer service rep, she was totally unprofessional. I asked her to change the amount of a automatic transfer I had setup. She said OK and placed me on hold. Then came back and said that she cancelled it. I told her I did not want it cancelled only changed. She insisted that I said cancel it. I told her to set it back up the way it was. She could not I then  spoke with a supervisor who said that he would review the recording. A few hours later he called me back stating that the rep was wrong and that he corrected the problem. In addition these locations (South Florida, Space Coast took over Eastern Financial and pretty much runied Eastern's name in my opinion) do not have convient lobby hours on the weekends.

Over all I would give this credit union a "D-"

After 25 years of being with Eastern then Space Coast I closed my account.

There are better credit unions out there.

Not Very Good

Posted by: Anonymous | Jul 8, 2011

The people are nice, but the customer service folks don't know much about the products and made multiple wrong recommendations to me. The bill payer system is the worst that I have ever used, and made multiple mistakes. My five other banks have combined to make zero mistakes over the last five years. In a little more than o year, SCCU bill payer made five mistakes. I stopped using it.

Wrong Management Attitudes

Posted by: Anonymous | Apr 30, 2011

In the March 2011 issue of the SCCU Connections newsletter, Douglas R. Samuels, President/CEO, wrote about a law concerning debit cards, "This will result in about 80% of the income being taken from the card issuers (banks and credit unions) and being put into the pockets of the retail merchants who accept the cards." He is upset that SCCU will get less money and says it like someone is actually taking money from SCCU rather than just giving SCCU less. This is not his money, this is the merchants money. This is the epitome of the greedy banker. How mad do you think he will get when you want to take money out of an SCCU account? Will he complain that the depositors are taking 80% of the SCCU money?