Third Federal Savings and Loan Reviews

The Worst Customer Ervice

I had a CD maturing. I called a few days in advance to tell them to send me a check at maturity (since they do not do ACH transfers). I was told I had to call On the the maturity date. I called on the maturity date. I was told I had to request the check in writing and it had to be notarized. I told the customer service person that their letter did not require notarization. He said Well, it has to be an original signature. i said that is not a notarized signature.
Never again!!

Great Rates & Outstanding Service

After evaluating several options, I selected Third Federal for a home mortgage and CDs. The bank has very competitive interest rates and fees. The company has very knowledgeable and friendly employees that are genuinely looking out for your best interests as they want to maintain you as a lifelong customer.

Easy, Simple

This is a great bank. They only have a couple of accounts that are simple to understand, no fees, no minimums. Very happy.

Horrid Customer Service

This bank continually denied access to an account after I presented with a Power of Attorney document as well as court documents providing me complete access to the information I needed. Not only did they deny my access to account balances but they also refunded large sums of money that did not belong to the account holder. They would provide me no information or paperwork despite all the necessary paperwork presented. This even went to the corporate office where they ignored court documents and did as they pleased. I would never consider doing business with them again.

Great Bank!

Nice, friendly staff; very helpful!  Have checking, savings, and home mortgage with them. Competitive rates.  Few locations, however, they have no-fee ATM use at Fifth Third Banks which are everwhere.