Valley National Bank Reviews

Valley National Bank Is The Worst Bank Ever!

Posted by: dogmom | May 8, 2012

There is no reason why this bank should hold checks more than 2 days, besides collect interest on people's money.  Their practices are deceiving.  Other banks don't do what Valley does.  If you can change banks, please do yourself a favor and do so.

Can't Pay Loan Back Online

Posted by: Anonymous | Apr 15, 2012

I just bought a car and my dealership made me go through Valley Nation Bank for the loan. I like to pay all my bills online because it's quicker, but this bank doesn't offer that option unless you're a member. They make you send a check. My last loan was through capitol one and they were awesome. Not a fan of VNB.

The Worst Bank-I Cant Fathom How They Got This Big

Posted by: weezer | Jan 12, 2012

This bank is the worst

Online banking is not real time- It isnt even accurate

They have no one at the branch who can ever correct a problem

The Bank hold deposits for unexplainable amounts of time

They dont even have withdrawl slips for checking

If you ever dealt with TD-Wells Fargo dont come here

All they are consistent with is sale advertisements

THIS BANK IS A FRAUD

Refinance Scam

We just fell for Valley's $499 refinance scam! They sent their "appraiser" to ouur house and it was valued $65,000 less than our 2 year old appraisal and $55,000 less than our 1 month old assessment. We asked ablout this and were told that they don't use the appraisal, just recent sales in a 3 mile radius. Features, lot size, condition don't matter. Three miles from my house includes 3 other towns that are much lower than mine in property value. The house next to mine with a similar lot size just sold for just under what we bought ours at and one up the street, with a smaller lot, just sold for more. Valley just stole $499 from us!

Valley National Bank Is NOT Customer Friendly!

Posted by: cathy | Oct 9, 2012

I have been a customer for 15 years. I went to have something notarized and they would not do it, because it was not related to their bank. I had to go to a UPS store where they dont know me and pay to have it done. Today I went to cash a small rebate check from Allstate and because it also had my husbands name on it they would only deposit it and told me to write my own check for the same amount if I wanted the cash. the balance in my account was way more then the small check.  And my Allstate is paid directly out of myValley account on the 15th of each month and my husbands name is not on that account. Do yourself a favor go to PNC or Peapack Gladstone Bank stay far away from VNB

Don't Ever Get A Car Loan From Them

Posted by: DebbiA | May 15, 2013

I got a overpriced loan for my Honda in 2007. When the economy went sour in 2008, I was unable to make prompt payments.This bank's main office called my business and personal # at least 2 to 3 times a day for months. After getting a phone call from an very rude gentleman, who got me to tears twice I stopped taking their calls. They received a monthly payment with late payments each month with the late payment fee. I was unable to get ahead with payments and this bank did not want to find a solution. I even attempted to add $50 to 5 payments, and was told that this would come off my principle. Now I am at last at my last payment , and was told the payment is 2X the normal payment. I was informed that they had added interest each day it was late, a "Late payment on the interest".  I am sending them them the check today, but not without the final word. If you read this, don't bank with them ! Their collections department staff is nasty to say the least. They are not there to work out solutions to problems their customers may have. The are the rudest collection department of a bank that I have ever dealt with ( and I did deal with other banks at this period of time that did not treat their customers like that!)

Worst Bank Ever

Posted by: Anonymous | Apr 22, 2011

Everyone who works there is an idiot. None of them speak good English. If you value your money, bank somewhere else!

Horrible Bank And Mortgage Processing Is The Slowest In The World

Posted by: Anonymous | Jan 19, 2012

I have applied for Home Refinancing with this Bank, and it has been over 3 months and the loan has not yet closed. They go on asking new documents every few days when I call to check up on the status, which I duly oblige within a day. Then again, no response till I call back to check again.

They do not provide a complete list of expected documents at the time of applying such that the customer can make an informed decision.

Never get lured by their low closing fees as it proves with lower fees the kind of service is equally of low quality.

STAY AWAY...