- Bank of America, 2.75%, 60 month CD
- Bank One, 3.55%, 36 month CD
- Compass Bank, 3.65%, 36 month CD
- Wachovia, 4.05%, 5 year CD (for balances over $100K)
- CapitalOne, 4.00%, 24 month CD
- Wells Fargo, 4.00%, 15 month CD special
- Bankrate.com listed average for 2 year CD, 3.86%
The closest competitor is Wells Fargo with a special CD of a moderate-length 15-month term that's equal to EmigrantDirect's current savings rate. Bank of America had the worst rate of only 2.75%. I hope no one is investing in those CDs. Bankrate.com listed the national average for 2-year CDs as 3.86% APY.
Comparing CDs with a savings account isn't exactly a fair comparison. Nevertheless, it does help to show how great EmigrantDirect's savings account rate is.