- Register at the promo page
- Complete an online application for Build-to-Order Free Checking account and make an initial deposit of at least $25 within 30 days of registering for this offer.
- Go to www.compassbank.com/go/shuffle and claim your iPod Shuffle within 30 days of registering for this offer.
- Available only to individuals who currently do not have a Compass personal checking account, and who have not received a promotional gift within the past 12 months from Compass.
- Only available to residents of Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, New Mexico and Texas
- Once approved, you will receive an email from Compass Bank with a link to your gift certificate. This form must be completed and mailed to Mpell Solutions, Inc. with $9.95 S&H to receive your gift.
- By requesting an Apple iPod 2GB Shuffle you acknowledge that Compass Bank may report the value of the gift to the IRS if required by law.
This is similar to a promotion Compass did last year when it was giving away a $50 iTunes Gift Card.
I did a different Compass promotion in 2006 and received the promised gift card without any problems. One negative is that I did received two hard credit inquiries by Transunion. In December I switched over the checking account to this Build-to-Order Checking. It was quick, and it did not trigger another hard pull.
The Build-to-Order Free Checking comes with some basic features. Two additional premium features are allowed without cost. The notable basic feature is no minimum balance or direct deposit requirement. The notable premium feature for those who want to make extra money is a $25 anniversary cash bonus. Please see my Build-to-Order review for more details and discussion about this account.
Compass Bank is FDIC insured (FDIC Certificate # 19048).