Best CD Rates
Best Savings Rates
Deals at Big Banks
Most Commented Posts
Latest 25 Posts
Latest 15 Comments
Please post comments to this new post
This post is intended to be a place where readers can share info on the best bank deals or other useful banking news. Your help is much appreciated. Also, I'm including websites that list the best CD and money market rates. This is intended to be a place where you can start your search for the best bank deals.
New! I'm now including feeds of the latest comments in this post. This is intended to make it easy to review the latest comments and deals. The very top comments are links to the latest 5 comments from this post. The bottom section includes links to the latest comments from all of the Bank Deals posts. I also include links to the latest 25 Bank Deals Posts. The top left column provides links to all of these sections. No referral requests in this post. Since those comments would ruin the usefulness of the recent comments, please do not post referral requests in this post.
This is the tenth finding-the-best-deals post. The last one was getting too long. Also, when there are more than 200 comments, blogger now requires you to click to the next comment page to see the new comments. So to make it easier to post and review comments, I'll be sure to create a new post once the number of comments exceed 200.
In your comment, please include the link to the deal. If the deal is not on the bank's website, please include the source of the deal (i.e. a New York Times newspaper ad, a sign at a local bank, etc.)
I'll try my best to post on the deals, and I'll be sure to give you credit. If you want to remain anonymous, simply comment as an anonymous user or email me at bankdeals at gmail dot com.
One tip to see if the deal has already been posted is to use the search box at the top of this page or do a search of my archive page or the monthly archives which are located on the right sidebar.
Bank Deals at this Blog and Elsewhere
With new deals from banks and credit unions constantly popping up, no site has a complete list of all the best deals. Some think Bankrate.com has a complete list, but it fails to list many high rate CDs especially those with odd terms like an 11-month term. Also, it does a poor job at credit union certificates.
Below are lists of the best resources for different categories. I've included mine on top of each category (noted by Bank Deals:). If you find another good source of bank deals, please let me know.
Best Certificate of Deposit Rates
- Bank Deals: Weekly National CD List
- Bank Deals: Weekly Local CD List
- Bank Deals: CDs without small deposit limits
- FatWallet CD Thread
Best Money Market / Savings / Checking Account Rates
- Bank Deals: Weekly Savings/Money Market List
- Bank Deals: High Yield Reward Checking Accounts by State
- Bank Deals: Nationwide High Yield Reward Checking Accounts
- Bank Deals: Best Checking Accounts Summary
- FatWallet Savings/Checking Thread
- Bank Deals: Bonuses - latest 50
- Bank Deals: Summary of Bank of America Bonuses
- iBankBonus - Bank Sign-up Bonuses
Latest Deals from Major Banks
- Bank Deals: Bank of America
- Bank Deals: Capital One
- Bank Deals: Citibank
- Bank Deals: Chase Bank
- Bank Deals: Wachovia Bank
- Bank Deals: Washington Mutual
Banking and Credit Union Resources
- Bank Deals Recent FDIC & NCUA Rule Changes
- Bank Deals Glossary of CD and Savings Account Terms
- Bank Deals FDIC and NCUA info and links
- Bank Deals Importance of FDIC and NCUA
- Bank Deals Extending FDIC or NCUA Coverage Past $100K
- Bank Deals EverBank's Foreign Currency CDs
- Bank Deals Research into Millennium Bank and its High Yield CDs
- Bank Deals Links to resources for National Banks
- Bank Deals Finding local credit unions
- Bank Deals CD Penalty Calculator - When to Break a CD
- Bankrate's Safe & Sound Database
- FatWallet Thread on ACH and Direct Deposit
- FatWallet Thread on Banks and Hard Credit Pulls
Top 20 Most Commented Bank Deals Posts for 2008
- Update on AARP Financial Savings Center - 4.50% Savings Account, 4.75% MMA
- Update on Alliant Credit Union - 4.35% Savings Account and 4.40% CDs
- IndyMac Bank, the fifth FDIC-insured failure of the year
- 4.11% 7-Month High Yield CD at Bank of America
- Research into AARP Financial Savings Center
- 4.00% 8-Month Add-On CD at WaMu
- 4.75% Money Market Account at AARP Financial Savings Center
- The Fed Makes a Surprise Move to Ease Credit Crisis
- Useful Credit Card Rules and Laws - What About Debit Cards?
- $400,000 of Deposits at a Failed Bank, First-Hand Experience at ANB Financial
- Review of Capital One's Online Savings Account
- Update on Alliant Credit Union and its 5.40% CDs
- $200 Checking Account Bonus with Direct Deposit at Metropolitan National Bank
- 5.25% 15-Month / 4.95% 7-Month CD at a MD/NJ/DC Credit Union (Andrews).
- 5.40% 24-Month / 5.40% 12-Month CD at an Illinois CU - easy membership (Alliant).
- Indymac Bank's CD Rate Increase and Latest News
- New Reward Checking Account Resource
- New Very High CD Rates at Wachovia - 4% 7-Month, 4.25% 12-Month, 5.25% 5-Year
- Another Chase $125 Checking Account Bonus
- Wachovia's New Way-2-Save Account Program
Latest 25 Posts at Bank Deals
Latest Comments From All of Bank Deals
Credit to Beautiful Beta for the script that allows showing the rss feeds.