HSBC Reviews

Probably Leaving After 10+ Years

I have had an HSBC acount for over 10 years.  I have laways had goodluck and their On-Line Savings account use to rock!  Still a decent deal at 1% interest with no Minmimum Balance for the On-Line savings account.  But over all they have gone down hill nad are really jacking their fees up.

So Long HSBC.....

Hello?  Well, why do you think I am on Depositaccounts.com

What Happened To These Guys?

I know things turned sour overseas with the Euro, but what happened with these guys? They were on the forefront of offering great yields, and then all of a sudden, their yields went into free-fall. The ACH transfers were always terrible with their savings accounts, since it took at least four days to transfer funds. It was very annoying that interest was lost on that money during the transfer period. Their customer was also suspect as it was outsourced overseas. All in all, not the best account and definitely not a great yield anymore.

Lou

HSBC Doesn't Value Small Businesses

HSBC closed our business account without notice. Apparently small businesses are of no value to them and they determined that cutting off service and leaving small business owners in the lurch is a better move than offering improved products and services to help businesses grow.

That letter they claimed to send? Never received it. You'd think that forcefully closing someone's account might warrant a registered mail notification, or at least a follow-up notification. Nope. They're too cheap and disorganized for that.

HSBC, you have left us without access to our funds and account information, with no time to prepare for a transition. And BTW, your services sucked to begin with. Your online banking is outmoded, impossible to use, and your bankers and service reps are lazy and unhelpful.

You really should invest more in your products and customers, less on your advertising. Or at least stop pretending you care. http://ow.ly/i/3PwNb

Yeah, we're mad, wouldn't you be if someone pulled the rug out from under you?

Under Standard Customer Services

If  you are thinking about doing any business with HSBC, "DO NOT", "DO NOT", "DO NOT".

My long story short is I haved tried to bank to bank transfer to another bank. They froze my savings account saying that My last name is different (I got married). I'm ok with that security. But it went down hill when I call 800-975-4722 on 10/21/11. C/services 3way conference call with my another bank to verify it's me. Its verified. She said it will take a few hours to take effect. She said she will call me next day to confirm. Nothing Happend niether error fixed nor call.

The next 4 phone calls, I got asked the same questions, say the almost the same thing, I refered back to the reference person every time ( I always ask who am I speaking too and write down their ID). It was the loop. The last person said in order for him to fix the error, he has to call my another bank to verify. I told him that the first person did. He insisted the same thing.

Today is 11/01, I still don't get that money for me to pay my major credit card bill.

I HAD IT. I'm closing my both accounts  and take my business elsewhere that has better customer services.

PS. the last guy said he will request closing the accounts for me and it will take 24-48 hours to effect. Guess what...He didn't even know what he's doing. HSBC wants the request in writing.

Customer Service

Opened a new account for my senior citizen parents and their checks too 3 months to arrive that they were not able to pay their bills from this bank. We called and they were tracked several times but teh checks ended up taking 4 months! We tried to get Power of Attorney and the run around they put us through made it impossible to stay with this bank.

Service is poorly trained and they are incompetent!!

HSBC On Line Savings

Good on line service. Easy to open account. The usual 3-day wait for transfers.

But rates recently reduced to 0.9% and then to 0.8%. So that's when I decided to move elsewhere.

A Blanket-Blank Messed Up Bank

This is one messed up bank. I agreed to purchase a property they owned. After the closing, the lawyer could not register the deed because the bank had not properly foreclosed on the house. They probably cheated the prior owner of their hard earned money. Because of their fault, I lost almost $5,000 preparing the property for mortgage appraisal, getting permits and certifications with the city. Then they refused to reimburse me for all of those costs. They also refused to return my deposit money for more than 4 months and won't reply to requests. Don't do business with this messed up, blood sucking corporation. Nick, March, 2011.