iGObanking Reviews

Gistsforbanking.Com/Igobanking.Com Customer Service

Gistsforbanking.com/Igobanking.com customer Service

Reading all your concerns about these banks, I decided to e-mail them some of your and my concerns. I sent the e-mail Sunday November 21 at 9:13pm est. They responded Monday November 22 at 10:47am est.

Their responses are in Bold.

My concerns as stated by others is the time it takes from when I first open the Cd till you actually open it. As one person describes a 2-week gap and then got a reduced rate...  Your rate is locked in at the time of application date.  Should you start an application today, and the rate lowers you would be guaranteed for the higher rate.  In some cases there were gaps in opening due to documents that we may have required from the customer and they have delays in sending to us
Also asking access to my outside funding account vie my password with that bank...    ·         We have 3 different ways to fund your accounts.  They are as follows real time deposits,  trial deposits and check deposits.  Should you  opt to transmit your  transaction real time you can input your financial institutions online id and password and they confirm via real time which eliminates time delays etc. This is a total electronic process and no person is involved and we are unable to obtain the information from that real time transaction for your security.   Trial deposits are when you input your routing number and account number and we try       deposit 2 credits into your checking of savings account, you go into your account  verify the amounts and revisit our application and validate the amounts.  Check deposits- good old fashion check is mailed to us.  You make the check payable to yourself  and mark on the back for deposit only and mail via US postal mail to our address 1979 Marcus Ave LL C103 Lake Success, NY 11042 Also heard story's of terrible customer service, with the inability of getting anyone on the phone, email etc.One even stated he hasn't heard from you in 3-weeks since he opened his account and is WORRIED about his money  Our normal turnaround time is 24- 48 hours not including weekends or holidays.  I am unable to validate your concerns at this time. Without specific persons, or email address etc.  Sorry I cannot elaborate more on this question.

If I Could Have Given Zero Stars I Would Have

On-line access to your accounts from an unregistered computer requires that you receive a security pass code at a phone number or via text.  If you don't have immediate access to a phone or text-capable cell phone, you're out of luck.  They do not allow or have the capability of sending an email with the pass code - gave me some BS reason like email isn't secure.  And I'm thinking "and phone calls texts are (guaranteed secure)???"  Because I don't have access to a phone or text capable cell for incomming calls during the time and days I'm doing my banking I advised the CSR Manager (Maria) (after speaking to the snotty and very unhelpful CSR) I'd have to use a friends cell for the text.  Now, they're going to send this pass code to a phone that is neither mine nor on record for my account.  (Maria assurred me that this phone number would be used only one time for the one-time passcode...we'll see...)  I have multiple CD accounts with iGo.  Sure, at least at this moment in time, they're rates are among the best.  They have to be.  That's likely the only way they can lure in customers.  They probably have a pretty low retention rate.  As soon as my accounts mature I'll be closing them and will do business with banks that are more customer accommodating and friendly.

Very Rude Customer Service

Stay far away from this bank. They have the worst, and the rudest customer service i have ever dealt with. It is really not worth the hassle of dealing with these people.

They Make It Very Difficult To Get Money Out. Perhaps Even Criminally So

They automatically renewed several of my CD's even after they assured me that they would not.  Another thing they do is force you to contact them regarding CD maturity through your regular, unsecure 3rd party email (say Yahoo or whatever you use).  Absolutely horrid and rude customer service.

Seems Good To Me!

I was really surprised to read all the bad reviews for iGo Bank and thought I'd post a positive one. I read that the website is awful, but I found it really easy to navigate and it took very little time to complete all the necessary steps to open a new account - far shorter time than I have had with some of the other on-line banks. Perhaps they have updated the website recently, but it seems good to me and very clear.

The messages back to me on completing everything seem concise and detailed, and I have the account # and all the other information such as contact telephone numbers and e-mails (again, you don't always get that with some of the other banks). I know I need to wait for a PIN # to arrive before I can access the website, but that's OK, and I was advised to actually open and acknowledge all the terms for the account.

It all seems very clear and easy to me, so I am posting 5 stars for ease of access, good rate (best as of today for the CD I was opening), and clear and concise messaging. If I have problems with any customer service in the future, I can always come back and revise this review, but for the moment it's all good so far.

Horrible Verging On Criminal

Customers service is either pathetic or willfully malicious.  The terms on the CD's ought to be illegal.  If you withdrw early, you have to pay them the entire interest the CD would have paid over the term??  I am now locked out of my accounts and have been calling customer service for two weeks trying to find someone who can reset it.  Sort of like ground hog day.

No Check Writing

This money market does not offer check writing

Poor Customer Service, Lots Of Hassles

I have had an account with iGObanking for over 5 years. When I first joined I used it as an online savings account. Then their rates got progressively worse over the years. Obviously all rates have dropped but they were near the top of their competitors when I joined, now they're offering a measly .25% for an online account. My biggest gripe is that I've been hassled 3 times over "security concerns". After 5 years I don't know why I'm all of a sudden a threat. Most recently I transferred money into my account from one bank, followed by a transfer out the following day. I do this several times a month to move money between my bank accounts. They accepted the money in from my first account, then suspended my account and did not allow me to transfer money out. This happened at 6 pm and they have nobody working customer service after 5 pm. So I had to wait until the next day to inquire about it. After talking to a very rude customer service supervisor (every conversation I've had with them has been extremely rude customer service reps). I was told that my account was frozen and I could not have access to my funds unless I sent them bank statements for the last 90 days from every bank account I had linked to them. After I tried to explain that my bank statements were none of the their business (I tried, but was cut off by the supervisor), I told them I'd be closing my account. As with everything else there, it will take a week or more to get my money back from them. So, in my opinion, they've just stolen my money from me for the next week. Horrible, archaic, system they have.

OK, If You Have A Lot Of Time

Either their software is buggy, or they change your application after you submit it. I applied for several of their "Giftsforbanking" CD's and they processed as normal CD's. After several months wrangling, it was worked out, but I had to deal directly with a manager. The customer service person I was supposed to deal with, was far too rude and uniformed (dangerous combination) to even get the process started.