InTouch Credit Union Reviews

WHAT A SCAM...WORST CREDIT UNION EVER

I opened an account here in California and they closed the only bank here last year with very little notice. I am now charged for getting my bank statements...Really??? I do keep the min. required balance, but they charged me close to $2.00 for a statement...I called and they told me to sign up for e-statements, the only problem with this is my $2.00 bank statement does NOT have my account # on it, so it makes it impossible to sign up for e-statements. I had to call back and they told me to fax long distance and ask them for it and they would sent it to me in an e-mail...Just give me my account # or at least if you are going to charge me for the statement, put the account # on it. I too work for a bank for over 27 years, never have I seen a bank statement without an account #... How stupid is that. They did tell me I could go into a branch, well HELLO, you closed my branch and I live in California, kinda hard to do that when the closes bank in in Texas. I wish I could close this stupid acct, but I have a loan against my own money. Once I pay it off, I will never do business with this credit union again!!

Shop Elsewhere!!!

Fees are out of control.  When you agree to merge or buyout another company, you should give your customers the courtesy of grandfathering in any perks or lower fees and not just jack up all the fees and rates.  Shame on you!!!

Dropping This Bank ASAP

InTouch Credit Union (formally EDS Credit Union) *was* in the past an excellent bank to deal with. They are no longer.

I'm an online customer, I started off as a mail customer. EDS was my company at the time and InTouch (EDSCU) was my company's CU and offered good rates to employees.  It seemed natural to go with them.  Since they broke off into INTouch CU their fees have flown out of control and the people who work there have forgotten that the word 'customer' is part of "customer service".  Apparently they can do just fine without us...

Back in Oct 2011 ITCU sent home a mailing detailing new fees - lots of them that were being added come spring 2012. I don't need reading glasses, but the print was tiny and I admit I had trouble reading it. I remember scanning the info, but missed the one line stating a change to my $50 minimum daily balance savings account would change to a daily average balance of $250, otherwise encur a fee. That's a 500% increase on an account who's only purpose when it was opened was to feed my loan automatically for a quarter of a percent reduction on my loan rate (as suggested by the rep who opened it for me back in 2008.) No other information regarding this change was sent to me online or via mail.

I've been trained as a customer service rep and know what one should and should not say in any conversation either to the cllient or back to the service agent. The rep I spoke to today was rude beyond belief placing blame on me for the fees and not offering anything positive to help retain me as a customer. I was not asking for refunds on the fees, just a polite conversation explaining the fees and ways to avoid them in the future and hopeful outlook so we might continue to to business with loans. His attitude reflects on ITCU and their attitude toward the customers. I think it's worth repeating here - I was not looking to have the fees refunded... I knew I messed up, simply and calmly asked for some explainations regarding my accounts and how to keep the fees from accruing in the future. What I got back instead was an earful of anger. I dont need or want that in my bank.

Although I still have just over a year to go on my loan, I'll be paying this loan off this month and closing both accounts down. Good bye Intouch CU.

Very Disappointed In Intouch!

Had been a very happy customer until the recent account changes.

I can understand the need to charge more fees if needed, but InTouch is making its customers change their account numbers!  This means the customer has to order new checks, change payment credit cards accounts, electronic deposts, and numerous other electronic accounts.  It's just like changing banks, which is a HUGE hassel!

Am extremely disappointed in InTouch and do NOT recommend them as a place to do business with.

I am pLanning on changing banks sometime this year, as they have lost my trust.

Do Not Ever Work For This Company

In the very short time I worked for this company, it was by far the worst experience I ever had. How this company can even be a credit union is beyond me with the level of how horrible this company treats their people. If you're in the know with the "elite" of this company, you'll be fine, but if you were hired off the street, they will run you into the ground. It is no wonder why they are always hiring for "personal financial associates". The only positive I can say is that they are competitive pay-wise, but for what you expected to do with the very high stress of sales, loans, dealing with the angry service calls, maintaining a teller drawer, and putting up with the management's never-ending garbage, the extra dollar per hour isn't worth it.

Since The Merge..

Since the merge of Ensign to InTouch, this place has become terrible....laying off people and bringing in new people from Texas to Las Vegas. No more friendly faces, never had a problem getting approved for anything through ensign but InTouch, NOPE they don't approve ANYTHING, and have these ridiculous fees on everything. This so called credit union is becoming a big name branch in terms of lending and policies...will be leaving them soon.

Bad Credit Union

Stay away from these people, they are terrible! Rude employees and bad cutomer service. Bad practice!