InTouch Credit Union Reviews

Dropping This Bank ASAP

InTouch Credit Union (formally EDS Credit Union) *was* in the past an excellent bank to deal with. They are no longer.

I'm an online customer, I started off as a mail customer. EDS was my company at the time and InTouch (EDSCU) was my company's CU and offered good rates to employees.  It seemed natural to go with them.  Since they broke off into INTouch CU their fees have flown out of control and the people who work there have forgotten that the word 'customer' is part of "customer service".  Apparently they can do just fine without us...

Back in Oct 2011 ITCU sent home a mailing detailing new fees - lots of them that were being added come spring 2012. I don't need reading glasses, but the print was tiny and I admit I had trouble reading it. I remember scanning the info, but missed the one line stating a change to my $50 minimum daily balance savings account would change to a daily average balance of $250, otherwise encur a fee. That's a 500% increase on an account who's only purpose when it was opened was to feed my loan automatically for a quarter of a percent reduction on my loan rate (as suggested by the rep who opened it for me back in 2008.) No other information regarding this change was sent to me online or via mail.

I've been trained as a customer service rep and know what one should and should not say in any conversation either to the cllient or back to the service agent. The rep I spoke to today was rude beyond belief placing blame on me for the fees and not offering anything positive to help retain me as a customer. I was not asking for refunds on the fees, just a polite conversation explaining the fees and ways to avoid them in the future and hopeful outlook so we might continue to to business with loans. His attitude reflects on ITCU and their attitude toward the customers. I think it's worth repeating here - I was not looking to have the fees refunded... I knew I messed up, simply and calmly asked for some explainations regarding my accounts and how to keep the fees from accruing in the future. What I got back instead was an earful of anger. I dont need or want that in my bank.

Although I still have just over a year to go on my loan, I'll be paying this loan off this month and closing both accounts down. Good bye Intouch CU.

ONE ATM. ONE! And It's Always Broken!!

I am forced to use this credit union as part of a co-op service with an out-of-state credit union. I have been so upset for driving out of my way so many times when their ATM is out of service and it takes days on end to get it fixed. As of today February 20, 2013 their ATM has been out of service for at least five days. I spent 26 minutes on hold waiting to speak to a service agent to see if the ATM was fixed before driving out of my way to go there. The entire building is also surrounded by double speed bumps so if your car doesn't have at least an 8 inch clearance you can't even go into the parking lot. Be ready for whiplash! I also received a quote for a car loan that was twice the APR of our other credit union. The loan rep complained the entire time that she was supposed to be off work (it was 3pm), and that we were lucky she stayed for us while her boss was late getting back from lunch. This entire place is ridiculous!!! RUN. FAR. AWAY!!!!!

Very Disappointed In Intouch!

Had been a very happy customer until the recent account changes.

I can understand the need to charge more fees if needed, but InTouch is making its customers change their account numbers!  This means the customer has to order new checks, change payment credit cards accounts, electronic deposts, and numerous other electronic accounts.  It's just like changing banks, which is a HUGE hassel!

Am extremely disappointed in InTouch and do NOT recommend them as a place to do business with.

I am pLanning on changing banks sometime this year, as they have lost my trust.

Do Not Ever Work For This Company

In the very short time I worked for this company, it was by far the worst experience I ever had. How this company can even be a credit union is beyond me with the level of how horrible this company treats their people. If you're in the know with the "elite" of this company, you'll be fine, but if you were hired off the street, they will run you into the ground. It is no wonder why they are always hiring for "personal financial associates". The only positive I can say is that they are competitive pay-wise, but for what you expected to do with the very high stress of sales, loans, dealing with the angry service calls, maintaining a teller drawer, and putting up with the management's never-ending garbage, the extra dollar per hour isn't worth it.

Since The Merge..

Since the merge of Ensign to InTouch, this place has become terrible....laying off people and bringing in new people from Texas to Las Vegas. No more friendly faces, never had a problem getting approved for anything through ensign but InTouch, NOPE they don't approve ANYTHING, and have these ridiculous fees on everything. This so called credit union is becoming a big name branch in terms of lending and policies...will be leaving them soon.

Bad Credit Union

Stay away from these people, they are terrible! Rude employees and bad cutomer service. Bad practice!

Intouch Credit Union

I have been with this credit union for about six years now, and it is so much better than my previous bank. The customer service at Intouch is excellent; employees attend to you as soon as you open the door. They are completely transparent with their customers. No hidden fees. The only thing that needs a little bit of improving is the online banking. I was helped by a very nice employee to sign up for home banking, but my password did not work when I got home. Overall, I give Intouch Credit Union a 5 out of 5.