PrimeWay Federal Credit Union Reviews

Check Your New Debit Card BEFORE You Leave The Credit Union

Make sure you tell the credit union to activate your debit card by phone on their end before you leave the credit union.  Stand there and watch them do it.  Otherwise you will send your college student living in a different city where there is NO PW credit union a worthless debit card.

They will need to get through a weekend with $10 cash, no gas in their car, and no campus cafeterias open to eat.  They will be forced to borrow money from other college students who also have NO MONEY...and hope that someone will kindly feed them.    And to rub salt in the wounds PW refused to overnight a fully activated debit card to my son. Why?  they don't send debit cards to a PO box. Okay - I get that however I am a long time customer, I eat lunch with the credit union president - they knew my son was away at school.  When a student lives on campus in a dorm they will NEVER have a street address.

Never Have An Account Or Policy With Primeway

First off I have had a auto loan since 2008 and now all of a sudden Primeway wants to try to repo my vehicle. I have made all of my payments on time and the only problem on my part is having liability insurance. So they take it upon themselves to start charging me an extra $1000 a year to my account to pay for their insurance that does not even cover me. Ever since Primeway has taken over my auto loan I have had nothing but problems. If you ever get a chance to have another company deal with your account or loan take that offer immediately and stay far away from this crappy company. This place is the biggest joke I have ever come across. I will never do business with these people again.

Deceptive Holds On Checking Account Cause Fees.

I have been a member of Primeway for several years.  Always kept my loans and accounts in good standing.  Things recently have been a little tight.  A hold on some transactions in your checking account will cause an over draft fee, even when your balance shows positive.  The algorithm they use to run the accounts and withdrawals and fees, in my opinion is very deceptive, and is to benefit the credit union to make money off of fees.

They Dont Help You!!

After being withTexas One CU for 9 yrs I was informed they will become PrimewayCU. I hated this news and predicted headache in the future. Sure of enough I was right. First thing they did was removed the $750 courtesy pay feature (this is AFTER I opted-IN due to the new overdraft law) I had with TexasOne for years which I probably used once or twice & immediately paid back.  They said denied due to checking account inactivity. Also, I had an auto loan which converted with Primeway which I had no problem with skip a payment option being approved thru Texas One before. Soon after the merge I requested a deferment of payment on my loan due to financial difficulties and was denied. They stated they had different requirements/guidelines from TexasOne and that I have maxed out on deferments. So I then requested my payment history from the initiation of my loan because I felt like it was a discrepancy . The rep said she will call me back with results. I never got a call so I called back in a week. Another rep said she will mail or I pick up at local branch because records are archived. (They didnt have access to old records at TexasOne). It took almost 4 wks before I got records in the mail and it still didnt include all years of payment history. At this point I was frustrated & just continued to make my payments as scheduled & could not wait till I was done. Now my loan is paid in full & they no longer have me as a customer and will not be referred to because they didnt help me when I needed them & bad service, regardless of the fact I had good checking/payment history all those years. I miss Texas One  :(

Stauy Away From This Place!!!!

My loan was taken over by Prime Way and ever since the customer service is absolutely atrosious!! In the 4 1/2 years ive been paying my loan, I have NEVER been late!!! NOT 1 SINGLE LATE PAYMENT!!! After I lost my job, I was unable to make payments fo a few months. Once I got back on my feet, I was told that they could not waive 1 late fee from my acct. Now I know it is my responsibility to make my payments on time but geezzz!!! Over 55 on time payments and couldnt get 1 single fee waived!! These guys care more about there $22 fee than a lifetime repeat customer!! Once my loan is complete in the next few months, I will NEVER use them or refer anyone to them again!! I would advise anyone thinking of acquiring a loan with them to seriously weigh your options because theyre Customer Service is the poorest Ive ever seen!

Customer Service Rep Buffy

spoke with buffy today the rudest rep i have spoken in the time of being with the company since i was 19 open when i was with prucare clinic..ask her for my balance she gave to me after after being asked if kept a check register advised do not it for personal reasons. advised could go online andvise her if she knew gov. had access to computers..i then ask for super and she advised none available advised wld hold she advised not on her online i advise her i was a customer serv rep and had been for over 30yr she then hung up. i cld back and was thrown back in to the que (call system..she cld back and advised sorry call drop advise i cld tell drop call vs disconnect she then dropped me into her supervisor mail box..she did not ever give operator #  and i was advised that she was only buffy there   well thank god and i'll see if supervisor has any customer service skills

Interest Rates Of Loan

After prequalifying for a home equity loan online, it gave us a great rate. After not hearing from the bank, a few days later I called them and they said it was denied because I didn't have enough equity in the house because they were going off the county tax rate of the house. Another option was to pay for an appraisal ($400) and if that came back high enough that the loan would be approved. Well the appraisal came back fine and we were approved. Mind you this is after tons of paperwork and time invested into this process. Yet in the end all the signing documents had a higher interest rate than this initial rate we were given. After asking why, we were told because it was a second lien on the house. Well this isn't new information from my original loan application or any of the mass amount of information I gave them in the meantime. I was disappointed that I made it so far into the process even paying cash for an appraisal to have found this change out on my own. I feel like Primeway mislead me. This was a lengthy process that had plenty of time for someone to tell me "and oh yeah, your rate is not the initial quote." Lucky for me there is a another bank giving me a better rate than their higher rate and I will be going with them. I will not ever again visit a Primeway because I felt like I was mislead and then when I professionally and calmly pointed out that their miscommunication was very deceiving, you bet I didn't get a friendly or apologetic response.

Former Cameron Now Pwfcu Member!

I was a Cameron member and now a current Primeway member. I have financed a boat, car and even my now current car loan. I have had a few late payments while working out of state and managed to get back on track. Never had an issue with it. I knew I was late on my part. I do my payments calling in the customer service number and end up paying the check by phone fee. My family and a few co workers have Primeway and a few complain about easy stuff, and for the most I am happy Primeway bought out Texas1. They were ssooo tricky & not to mention the "down low" loans. Heard a worker who had a crappy credit and got a % of 3.5 when he would have had more of a 15%, and all because he was a friend of a friend of a worker there. So whatever with those former Texas1 people. Some are mad because Primeway isn't as sneaky as Texas1, and hey, if people get negative/overdraft fees on a constant bases don't you think the credit union has a right to make money off fees as far as I've seen it's fair. You have a free "free" checking account and they don't make money off an account like banks. That's what some don't understand, that the credit union is NOT A BANK!! Anyone who is an older man hitting their 60s and still freely believe Primeway is okay. They got a few items/ things to upgrade, but so far I can not complain.

Tom