Santander Bank, N.A Reviews

Convenient Locations

I've been with this bank for the past seven (7) years, with a few different accounts. I have never run into any problems with them, even through the inevitable changes that all banks tend to make to their policies. If anything they were a little too proactive in letting its members know of changes that were occurring and explaining what to expect. Their customer service has always been friendly and helpful. I always enjoy my experience when I do have to venture inside of the actual bank. In my area there are a good amount of branch buildings as well as ATMs in every CVS, which is a plus if I need cash quick. I would definitely recommend this bank to anyone.

Always Friendly And Not So "By The Books" As Other Banks

I've always had a good experience with my Sovereign.  They've "stretched" the rules for me on more than one occasion when I've had overdrafts.  And they're always friendly, which is the main reason I don't go anywhere else.

Online Banking Is Unusable

SALES REP LIED. WEBSITE IS UNUSABLE The bank's sales rep, Jessica Davis, said she knew us from our old bank, PNC. I told her that my biggest problem is that PNC charges $3 for each check viewed on the bank statement. She promised that Sovereign never charges for viewing checks. I just found out why! You are not able to view copies of any deposited checks whatsoever.

The website itself shows recent activity without balances. I need to go to 3 different websites, all with different logins, to deposit checks, look at my current accounts, or view my statements. It took 3 months to get my first bank statement. If you use the edit function to change a payment, it automatically creates a 2nd payment and the first payment never shows up in "HIstory" until after the payment is made.

I was told by Jessica that there was a $5,000 minimum balance to avoid fees. She said that if we used our debit card from one account that the fees would be waived. It turns out that there is a $10k minimum and you must use a debit card 3 times a month from every account you have...like payroll accounts. When I confronted Jessica, she said I should have read the paperwork she sent after we signed the accounts.

If you manage your accounts with online banking -- don't use Sovereign bank.

A Bunch Of Thieves. Do Not Bank With Them

The bank uses the practice of clearing first the larger amount checks and then the smaller amount checks. For example, if you have $500.00 available in the account and you have 3 checks coming in, one check in the amount of $480.00 and the other two checks in the amount of 450.00, They will clear first the larger check and then the account availability will be only $20.00, which means you will be charged unavailable fee for two checks. If they would of first clear the two smaller amount checks and then the larger amount cheek, they would have charge unavailable fee only once for. They are the only bank who uses this practice in order to generate more income from the poor people who live from payroll to payroll Its unfair and it’s about time to stop.

Phone Calls Dives Me Crazy

They will not stop calling for non account issues. I recommend that you before you think about doing business with them. They have to listen to the customers!!!

Poor Service

Sovereign Bank this year made everyone switch their Visa debit cards to Master Cards. Since this time they have messed up my accounts. Sovereign sent several new cards and mixed up the accounts. Sovereign Bank is taking one checking account I have had for almost 10 years, and with out my knowing switched the cards to withdraw money out of a different checking account. The reason for this that I got from CS, and the 800 # on the back of the card, was that the older account was not a Primer account. NO ONE NOTIFIED ME OF THE SWITCH. And they linked two separate cards to one account, which they say they don't do (like two cards with the same name to one account, But they did). Now I have spent endless hours on the phone being bounced around for their incompetence.The last conversation I had was today with a Louis Rodrigus X 106519. He was going to get back to me. I will be following with the banking commission if I do not get a call back. Customer Service needs major improvement and will be looking into banking with a new bank after this is all over.