Service Credit Union Reviews

The Worst!

I wish I could pick no stars...they financed our car OK great..told my husband to take a loan to fix our credit..OK did that. Being military I lost my job during a pcs move so I held off on the loan and only made car payments But I guess the bank can decide where my payment went. They only put it on the loan So one morning 0400 some one knocked on my door and took my car. The bank after Talking to me for 2 years about accounts that were only in my husbands name finally Said nope we can't talk to you sorry, but they did for 2 years? They would help me they wouldn't do anything I sent them a poa that was done in military attorneys office stamped sealed the whole 9 yards , and the lady Amy Stevens said his signature didn't match..so they still wouldnt talk to me.what a way to treat a customer of 9 years a family a militray soldier. This bank and the people stand for nothing in my mind . Soldiers stay away from this bank

Military Friendly?

I joined this credit union in 2006 because we (USARMY servicemembers) stationed overseas dont have much choices, they charged us fees for everything, now they have an scheme that they pay for your bills for a minimum fee even if you dont have money. Even I agreed to that, look to me like they profited a lot with that type of help, after hundreds of dollars in fees, for balances checks in ATM's, transfers between accounts fees, transactions fees, international withdrawal fees, overdrafts fees...etc, I still dont see how non profit and military friendly they are.

finally I refinanced my car loan with them and changed to USAA, so they can't stop profiting with my money

UNPROFESSIONAL EMPLOYEE

I have recently moved up here to NH and started an account with Service Credit Union. I mostly do my banking online but when I need to go to the bank I go to the location in Walmart. I have NEVER experienced the unprofessionalism in a bank like there is here. There is an emplyee named that has the worst mouth and such a poor attitude about other Service Credit Union branch employees. For one she gets too personal with account holders. She has given out information on other peoples accounts to other account holders. This type of service has reflected my opinion on going with another bank, as I DO NOT want my information shared or talked about with other people. That is nobody else's business but MINE!!

VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR MY CAR LOAN

Applied and got approved for my car loan on August 20, 2012 and purchased a vehicle that day from a great car dealer in San Diego. It is now September 10, 1012 and that dealer has not been funded from Service Credit Union, we have faxed all required documents now approximately (10) times now, have spend several hours on hold and several hours talking to Service Credit Union about this, thank god the dealer has been cool, but are getting very frustated also, they need to get paid. Will never use this credit union again.

Vehicle Loan

Very Poor Service. We Purchased a Car with a Loan through Service Credit Union on 8/20/2012, the date today is 9/10/2012 and the dealer that we purchased the vehicle from has not been funded yet, the dealer has done everything correctly, but Service Credit Union will not pay the dealer, I would never use Service Credit Union again for a loan, this is really bad, the dealer has been very nice so far, but they even said they might need the car back soon.

Old Technologies

Bank itself is marginal in terms of rates and fees they charge. Their website on the other hand is like a bank's website from the mid 90's... Very basic and no new features for military stationed overseas. Don't count on getting wired up via your mobile devices or having the capability to make payments and transfers via flash or java interfaces...you have to spend minutes actually typing in account numbers and the other information. Takes me forever to pay my bills online...super annoying.

Reliable, Friendly And Easy

i joined this credit union as a teen and have remained a customer for the past 18 years. I love this bank as all the services are free and they offer lots of great promotions at different times. The tellers are super friendly and recognize you by name when you come in. Rates are fair in this economy and banking is seamless. New perks like online deposits are great! I am a very happy customer and plan on staying with them for a long time.