Space Coast Credit Union Reviews

The Worst Financial Institution In My Experience

This is perhaps one the worst financial institutions I have ever encountered, from their lack of professionalism, their "conservative" policies used loosely as an excuse to be down-right mean, their nasty lending practices (just short of hiring people to hurt you - seriously).  Their computer system is out-dated and breaks down almost every other time you need to use it.  If you have any other option for financial care, you should use it.

Please be sure to check ALL the complaints they have against them with the Better Business Bureau - it's pretty extensive.

Stay away from this place.

Do Not Bank Here!!!

We have been waiting two years for this bank to send a release of lein in to the state of Florida after we paid off our car.  We just keep hearing they will take care of it but nothing happens. Customer service is snippy and rude.

Overdraft Fees For No Reason

I have experienced the worst onslaught of overdraft fees ever in a bank institution.

Last month with overdraft protection i had about 12 overdraft fees of $30 and this month 3 just becase my bills were payed automatically two minutes before my employer deposit came in at 4:26 am today.  I told them the money is there how come you are charging me they just said "it was bad timing".  Last month i was $1,000 overdrawn now thanks to the deposit i was not overdrawn.  I am very unhappy with Space Coast Credit Union.  I really think they have poor customer service and they are not your typical credit union where you have that small bank personal attention.  I am switching.  They also denied me for an auto loan eventhough i had a decent credit score.  I will not recommend this institution to anyone.

Do Not Use For Anything

I have the unfortunate circumstances of dealing with this god awful "Credit Union." I bought a car and was recommended to use SCCU, so we did and, boy, what a dumb decision. Never in my life have I found it so complicated to make an online payment. First you have to open a checking account, then, god willing, you setup a transaction from your primary bank account into the SCCU checking account. Hold on it gets better.

After that nightmare then you have to make a payment on your loan, or whatever from the checking account you just deposited into. What a joke. I have talked to multiple "Customer Service Agents." - if you want to call them that. And I can tell you that not a single one of them has a clue. Whenever you ask a question, you are immediately put on hold, and a few minutes later the famous "well I talked to my supervisor and that isn't possible."

Bottom line stay away far far away.

Check Endorsements

I moved to this Credit Union after leaving a much bigger bank that I had been with for many years. I was very disappointed in what was happening in big-brother banking, so I decided to support my local Credit Union -- I am now regretting this move. I worked in a bank for many years and some things are as plain as black and white and not open for someone's interpretation of how it should be done. When you've got the State telling you the proper way a check issued from them should be endorsed, and the bank telling you that isn't acceptable . . . and won't give you credit for it and reverses it back out of your account and sends it back to you and tells you that you must endorse it the way they say so - nope.

Not Very Good

The people are nice, but the customer service folks don't know much about the products and made multiple wrong recommendations to me. The bill payer system is the worst that I have ever used, and made multiple mistakes. My five other banks have combined to make zero mistakes over the last five years. In a little more than o year, SCCU bill payer made five mistakes. I stopped using it.

Wrong Management Attitudes

In the March 2011 issue of the SCCU Connections newsletter, Douglas R. Samuels, President/CEO, wrote about a law concerning debit cards, "This will result in about 80% of the income being taken from the card issuers (banks and credit unions) and being put into the pockets of the retail merchants who accept the cards." He is upset that SCCU will get less money and says it like someone is actually taking money from SCCU rather than just giving SCCU less. This is not his money, this is the merchants money. This is the epitome of the greedy banker. How mad do you think he will get when you want to take money out of an SCCU account? Will he complain that the depositors are taking 80% of the SCCU money?