State Farm Bank Reviews

Poor Credit Card Department

NEVER OPEN ANY ACCOUNT WITH STATE FARM, I USE TO HAVE ACCOUNT WITH STATE FARM BANK FROM LAST 11 YEARS. THEY PUT MY ACCOUNT IN COLLECTION WITH LACK OF THEIR CUSTMER SERVICE INCLUDING THEIR SUPERWISER. INSTEAD OF LISTENING TO MY PROBLEM. SHE CANCEL MY ACCOUNT EVEN THOUGH IT WAS PAID IN FULL. AND SUPERWISER SAID SHE GOING TO CANCEL MY ACCOUNT BECAUSE I TOLD HER , SHE CANNOT UNDERSTAND MY PROBLEM AND THE COMLICATION OF CREDIT REPORT. TOTALLY RUDE , THEY NEED TO EITHER CLOSE THEIR BANK OR CHANGE THIER STAFF. IF ANY BODY FROM THEIR BANKING WANT TO TAKE CARE OF THEIR CUSTMER PLEASE CALL AT 9034519188.

Multiple New Security Questions

Extremely annoying having to answer at least 4 different multiple choice questions after I have signed in correctly.

These questions go back 20 years asking about cars, addresses, phone numbers, did a child live at such and such address, state, thirty years ago. Who remembers car, phone , house built twenty years ago. Feel like it is truly an invasion of my privacy. A phone call to SFB states it is another agency who compiles the question. RIGHT!! All the info is coming from State Farm. I understand security but this goes beyond original security questions and it occurs every other time you sign into your accounts. Next it will be a Drome overhead.

Cashing In CDs

They made my 85 year old Father, in a retirement home, try to answer multiple choice questions then after I assisted him with the answers they put a hold on his account.  The reason is he needed assistance in answering the questions;  he's 85 and wasn't sure if they purchased his last house in 68 or 69.  Some of the questions go back 45 years asking about things he couldn't remember.  All he wanted was to have a check sent to the address they have on file!!!!! Now I have to take him to a local agent so he can get his own money.  If I wasn't around he wouldn't understand what needs to be done just to get his money.

If you bank with this company good luck getting your money if you forget things in your past!

Poor Privacy Safeguards

They printed all of my personal information including full social security number, date of birth, drivers license number, address and account number and put it in the regular mail.  They said it was for a signature card.  Can you imagine if someone had intercepted my mail or it was delivered to the wrong address or got lost?  Everything was printed out and would have been great for someone wanting to steal my identity.

Mortgage Refi

I dealt with a guy named Chris.  Don't waste time with these clowns.  He tried to jack up my rate.  When I got the paperwork the rate was higher than posted on the website even tho my credit was 810 and he did not respond to my calls.  These guys want a perfect scenario and don't consider any variations.  Also, they will sell your info and do the credit inquiory without the consent.

Online Banking WAS GOOD BEFORE "WE LISTENED TO YOU" Now It Is Useless

Before 2012 state farm bank was working perfectly, you could pay insurance online, cash state farm dollars online to apply to your premiums. now i have to pay by check because the software no longer works for online payments (a blank page comes up when you try to pay) and my state farm dollars "disappear" when i try to use them, but nothing is applied to my premiums. they have obviously hired a new programmer who wants to make a name for him/her self by taking something that had zero problems and screwing it all up. i may cancel my credit card accounts. now i am getting 'cannot access server due to technical difficulties" this is a major messup on state farms behalf. very frustrated!!!!!

Do Not Use For An IRA CD

State Farm says you can go to the local State Farm Insurance Agent and complete all the paperwork to open an IRA account.  They do not have a clue how to file the forms or transer to another institution. The rep had to call State Farm Bank and speak to an IRA specialist.  The forms were still filled out wrong and the transfer never was received by the bank holding the closing CD.  I had to pick up the check and open at another bank.

Save Yourself The Headache

If you want to deal with poor customer service whenever you're in a pinch, SF Bank is your best bet. I've been on the phone with several representatives trying to get a new debit card. The short story is, my account was hacked and it has been one ordeal after another getting State Farm Bank to do anything about sending me a new card, replacing the funds, or even getting a representative to care at all. And since there are no brick and mortar buildings, good luck with ever having immediate access to your account or dealing with a person face to face. Save yourself the headache!

WORST BANK EVER DEALT WITH !!!!!!!!!!!

***BEWARE**** BASED ON MY EXPERIENCE WITH THEM, YOU WILL VERY LIKELY REGRET EVER DOING BUSINESS WITH THIS BANK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

State Farm Bank Loan

I contacted State Farm about a auto loan. I have used them over the years. This time I was lied to about the loan and its terms. Then they tried to cover it up by refusing to talk to me with the excuse they were not allowed to talk to me about it. I pushed until I got answers. I will never use State Farm Bank again.