Wings Financial Credit Union Reviews

Don't Get An Account, They Are Worse Than A Regular Bank!!!

Part I - my Folks got a loan with Wings before we moved here to Georiga. They talked to a Loan officer who didn't make them Sign any paper work or give them any physical proff (details/information) about the Loan they had just opened. He just shooed them out the door saying that Wings would get back to them with infomation about the loan and where to get paper work. A year and a half later after we moved into our new house still there was no contact from the Loan Officer, Wings,  and still no paperwork about the loan. It didn't even show up on their online account. So School Starts for me which means I might need backup money to pay for college so my Dad and I try to get a Student loan at Wings like we did in the past. The Loan Officer in Atlanta informs my dad that he can't be the cosigner on my loan and would not explain why. So My mom calls wings and immediatly gets directed right to collections. She finds out that the loan that they never recieved any information/contact on is past due and is now Deliquint. The Collections Officer did not show any intention to help my mom even after she fully explained her situation. He was extremely rude and said irrisponsible things insinuating it was 100% our fault and we are making this up. He also called my mom a few names which would not be spoken under civilized company. After that my parents stopped using their wings account as much as they could. (as a funny note my Parents tried to get a loan at other banks and they ended up getting them, this bs deliquincy only applied to wings apparently)

Part II - Since Moving here to Atlanta from Apple Valley MN I find out that job market is terrible since I have been activly searching for a job since May with no luck. Since then my parents have been helping me pay what they can on my Wings Student Loans as well as other bills. During the Month of July they coudn't help me much and so Wings took a loan payment out of my Checking account making an over draft. Since I couldn't do anything until I got a job which I couldn't find any I had to wait until Sept.  Sept comes along and I have money that I am able to put money in my Checking accoun. As soon as I log into my Wings account to get my information for direct deposite I notice that there is only a savings account showing up in my information. That is how I  found out they closed my checking account. They didn't tell me until after I found out this way via a letter in the mail I got on the 7th of Sept telling me what I already figtured out, that Wings Closed my Checking account. They closed it on August the 19th and it took them until september to send a letting telling me of their actions.  I am livid because this could have been avioded if they had sent a curtisy letter telling me of thier intentions, that they might have to close my checking account. Instead I have to wait 12 months (one year) to open up another checking account from them. After this experince and how I was treated like a common criminal I will say this one thing. I will never go back to wings, once my loans are paid off I will write an informative letter telling them to close all my accounts and let them know that I REFUSE to do buisness with them again. That I hope that Karma will come back and bite them in the ass. That we can add Wings Finacial to the list along with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and all the other failed banks with crappy customer service. (funny thing in August before they closed my Account they sent me a replacment Check card since my other one expired which made me have no idea of thier intentions)

Pull My Credit Without My Authorization

Wings pulled my credit 3 separate times. They had my permission to pull it once. When I called to inquire why it had been pulled the 2 other times, they could not give me an answer. I asked what I could do or to whom I could speak with to put some type of hold or something on my account with them so this wouldn't happen again and they told me there was nothing they could do. They told me I could contact the 3 credit bureau's and put a hold on my credit myself, but, there was nothing they could do on there behalf to make sure they did not pull my credit again without my permission. I of course reported them to the FTC, BBB of MN and the MN Attorney General.  I have found Topline Federal Credit Union to be a wonderful CU. They are very friendly and very helpful.

I Love My Bank!

I have an auto and boat loan through Wings and absolutely love them. The interest rate is low and my payments affordable. I would recommend them to family and friends! I have received great customer service from them!!!!

Just Trying To Get An Online Account Set Up

I have been a member with this credit union for 20 YEARS, (I joined back when it was Northwest Airlines) and I  absolutely loved it

I am truly amazed at how very difficult they make the process of trying to set up on online account.  I have made attempts each month for the last six months.  Today I finally have all my information, and I am calling in from my home phone for help during office hours and successfully get someone on the phone.

I was just told that they didn't have enough information about me, so they could not issue me a password over the phone, but Monday morning they will put the password in the mail.  Of course, this is after I successfully answer the security questions on my account.  And since when did mail boxes become so safe?

Really. Really? I had to ask them to repeat that.  I asked if they could email it, but no, they do not believe that emails are safe enough.  I surrender.  All I wanted to be able to do was pay my Visa online.  This is the last straw.

Wings Financial Review

I've been a member of this credit union since 1982 and have always found the employees to be very helpful and the credit union itself to be a great value.  I like the deposit rates which tend to be higher than average and the online/mobile services which I use alot due to my travel schedule.  I wouldn't bank anywhere else.

Wings Finan

Old city county credit union member. Since the take over nothing but problems. Will be reporting them to attorney general office. Unauthorized credit report hits. Account opened incorrectly rude service reps phone and online. A disaster never had any problems with ccfcu. Help looking for NeW bank asap.

Rude Customer Service

I think the regular banking service members are good, but working with their loan representatives, especially over the phone is absolutely horrendous. Extremely rude, cut and have an attitude that they are superior to you, even when they make a mistake. Their rates are good, but honestly, not worth it.

Miserable Company

I can print out a page any show anyone who wants to see it that my credit card statement is already online.  I see my credit card information - the payment amount and the date due - every time i log into my account for my checking and savings information.  It's on the same page, so I can't possibly miss it.  Yet, like clockwork every month I get a generic unsigned letter from them telling me that my credit card statement will be coming in the mail.  And on the same day, the credit card statement arrives in the mail.  Yes, I get a letter telling me the statement is coming in the mail.  The generic unsigned letter tells me if I need help with anything to call the number in this letter.  The people who answer this phone never know anything and can't do anything about stopping the mail.  They give me to the phone number that is on the credit card statement.  The people who answer THAT phone tell me the mailings are not their issue and give me back to the original people who don't know anything and can't do anything.  They don't seem to get it that I already get a statement of my account online, and the statement they are sending to me doesn't contain any additional or different information that what I am already getting.  I don't want things to come in the mail.  I have repeatedly told them that, and they have repeatedly ignored me.  Why do I need a letter telling me about a statement coming in the mail that contains the same information that I already have online?  I pay online, too, through an account transfer, so somehow they have got to know the statement is there, but they seem to find it important to hold on to their right to not make any sense.

Great Service, Low Or No Fees, And Great Rates - What More Could You Want?

I've been a member of Wings since 1987.  Over the last 25 years I've had nothing but great service.  I've done ALL my banking there for the last quarter century.  Over the years I've purchased three homes and have had the same fantastic loan officer (Roxy) every time.  Where else can you build a banking relationship with an individual that will last more than a decade?

Yes, on occasion, I have had annoyances of not being able to do this or that online - but, I consider those minor when I look at the fees and  great service.  They are just hiccups, especially when I hear friends talking about their bank issues.

Overall, I am completely satisfied and would NEVER consider moving my business.

Wings Is Awful!

It is unfortunate this site's minimum rating is one star, because Wings doesn't even deserve that.   Dealing with their institution has been a hassle from day one.  I was sold on them because their rep in my FA training class said their online tools are so great you don't have to live near a branch.  What a joke.  Their remote deposit is down half the time, the overdraft protection rarely works properly and they charge a ton of fees for things that are their mistakes.  When visiting a branch, the staff is snooty and unhelpful.  I have since taken my business elsewhere and it was the best decision I ever made.

Despicable Credit Union

I was a member of City County Federal Credit Union so of course my account was transitioned to a Wings account when they merged. I have been a customer for many years and have had many loans, all paid on time with no late fees. I recently received a letter informing me my checking account had been closed due to inactivity despite the fact that I have a credit card and loan that I pay on every month. They closed my checking without asking me my intentions or giving me the option of using it again before they closed it. This is wrong.

I recently went in person to make a payment, plus extra on both my accounts and the customer service was horrible! The teller was a smart mouth, and she openly argued and made smart remarks. I will never do business here again. I am now paying off the credit union and I am in the process of having the loan taken over by a different credit union. My credit rating is in the high 700's, and I have given them tons of business!

Stay away from this credit union unless you enjoy being treated disrespectfully. Wings is horrible.

Horrible Loan Department

Don't fall 1 month behind otherwise they will start the repossession process for your car. Really, 1 month behind and you start the repossession process?????? Ridiculous. I ask to set up a payment plan that will catch me up on 1 month past due plus the payment due the next month on the first of the next month and they refuse. So rude. Even though they have good rates their customer service is horrible. Loan Rep Amanda Scott is the worst one.

Maybe They Bank At A Different Branch?

I love Wings. I do almost all of my banking online, and it has been completely stream-lined with NO FEES! If I have any questions regarding my online balances or charges, my emailed questions are responded to quickly. They even helped when the utility company claimed to not have received a payment. Guess what, they had and Wings back it up. It was resolved quickly and painlessly on the Wings side.

I wanted to pay off a credit card with a high interest rate, Wings offered me a lower interest rate Wings credit card and transferred the balance and I paid it off quickly. The people at my branch (NE Mpls) are friendly and helpful. I am not sure where these other people bank. My experience at Wings has been far far superior to what I had been living with at Wells Fargo.

Wings Is A Great CU

This is a great Credit Union, one of the best you can be a member of, end of story. Some of the low rating folks experience what would happen at any other bank or CU. I have never had a problem with them in the years I have my dealings with them now I do all my banking with them and I live out of state and they have made it easy for me to use them as my main bank. Pay your bills on time and don't play games and they will treat you as well as you treat them.

I was so impressed with my experience with Wings I tried to join a local CU and discovered how unlike Wings my local CU was. I was glad I had Wings because they were much better than my local CU, in rates, customer service and just how easy they make it, I have always felt as if I was dealing with a friend of the family when I dealt with Wings for all these years, they can be hard at times with security related stuff, but once they know its you, its smooth sailing, they say what they mean and mean what they say, they don't play games. And the longer they know you and see how you are the better it becomes.

Wings is a great CU without question in every point of importance in banking.

Overall, I Have Really Been Happy With Wings Financial Credit Union

I have used it for years and would not go to another bank. I feel it has been much more honest and trustworthy than my husband's Wells Fargo Bank regarding mortgage practices. Additionally, overall rates have always been better: credit card rates, selling your home and various other services.

Great Rates And Great Service

I have been a member for years. They are always helpful when I have issues and work with me to resolve them. My favorite part about my membership - if they lower the rate on their car loans, I simply call and ask them to decrease my rate to their new, lower rate. It is as easy as pie.

Wings Is A Great FCU.

I have been a member for about 2 years after transferring my accounts from a large bank and an employer credit union. Wings has been responsive and very easy to do business with. I find their rates for both savings and loans to be competitive and their online services to be on par with other financial organizations.

Very Pleased with Wings FCU.

Gary

I Have Worked With This Credit Union For Many Years , They Are Terrible .

Do not get an auto loan from these people. They screw over the current members !!!!!!! I have used this CU with my customers for a long time. Do not trust them!!!!!! Go to any other credit union.

Home Equity Loan Cancellations

Wings cancelled all loans that were 100% of value of your home. We have never missed a payment. I wonder what percent of their customers they cancelled. Of course, the value of everybody's home has gone down. I thought Credit Unions worked with their members. We have been members for 14 years.

Wings Services

I have been a member of Wings (which was city county federal) since my mom opened a savings account for me as a child. Since that time I have taken out two student loans with them in addition to my savings account. They have offered me great service and unlike at Wellsfargo I do not feel pressured to open more accounts with them every time I go to a Branch.

Wings Products And Services

I have been a member of Wings Financial Credit Union since 1976 when it was NWA Federal Credit union. This has been an excellent company to work with, and their rates have been well above other financial institutions. I would recommend Wings to anyone who is interested in working with a financial institution that respects its customers and works to get it right the first time. Thanks Wings for the many years of service to my family.

Excellent Service

I joined a credit union named Highgrove Community Credit Union in Saint Paul, due to their excellent reputation. Shortly after I had joined, I found that they were acquired by Wings Financial. I was naturally nervous, because I have had bad experiences with larger institutions, but my concern was unfounded. The process of transition was a little frustrating due to some address issues, but once the transition was over with, I was actually happier with than when I was with High Grove. I secured an auto loan through High Grove in May 2010 at 5.25%. When the transition at Wings was over with, I found I could refinance the loan at 3.5%. They counted my remaining principal on the old loan as the principal amount on the new loan. This lowered my monthly payment significantly, and I was able to purchase insurance that would protect me if I became disabled for a nominal fee.

Their membership requirements are very simple. If you live in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro, you can join. I've never had it so easy with another financial institution. Where companies like US Bank and TCF Bank charged me nonsensical overdrafts for petty reasons, Wings has yet to charge me a single one. They understand that if they treat their customers with dignity and respect at all times, they have no reason to leave. Credit Unions are the only way to go.