Zions Bank Reviews

Open Account W Zions Bank? Might Be Dangerous

I decided to open Internet Money Market IRA. It was supposed to be quick and easy. After I opened the account online (22Feb2013) I received an email, which informed me about welcome package coming in mail. 7mar13 - I contacted Zions bank and express my concern of not receiving my package. They recommended me to go to the branch to sign signature card there. 11mar13 - I went to the branch. I waited one hour for all the paperwork, which person helping me (Assistant Vice President) received in email. As I seen what's in the welcome package, I was shocked. All my information and my husbands as a beneficiary right there. Social security, date or birth, address, phone numbers, everything and they didn't even bother to send it registered or with some kind of tracking number. She was shocked too and apologized. After signing signature card, I left the branch hoping sooner or later welcome package which show up in my mail box. It never did. I called help line couple times trying to see if my account is active. They haven't received signature card. Zilion phone calls later -25March13. They recommended me to go again to branch and fedex it. As I came to the bank I still believed signature card was emailed, but I was wrong, my whole information was send out by mail, not registered, not able to track. AGAIN!!! I asked if they will offer me a identity theft protection, which they decline. They actually told me that it was my risk which I agreed to take by applying for account. That it was my choice. (I do read a tiny letters and I haven't seen anything stating your information will be send out unprotected and if lost oh well too bad) It all seemed like it was my fault. I told them to cancel the whole account. An awesome idea of opening an IRA account to protect your future.  :(

Zion Bank Preys On It's Customers.

Zion Bank thinks your money belongs to them.  If you have direct deposit, they do not post it into your account when they get it.  Not sure where it is but your money is not in your account.  That is probably why it looks like they are healthy, when they are not.  It is about time they were sued and hope their banks in Texas and other states will feel the pain they have caused a lot of people.  They took TARP money but act like their customers are the ones with their hands out.  Their employees are dim, lie and make you feel like you are crazy when you ask them why they basically stole your money.  The large banks and their arrogance are disgusting.  This country was on the brink of disaster and we bailed their extremely crooked **ses out.  They had a heyday and cannot let go.  Psychopath's.  I wish everyone would take their money out of these banks and go community or credit union.  They need to be reminded that banks are supposed to take of their customers, not fleece them.

They Are Horrable And Treat Customers As Beggers

They charge fees they know they are not intitled to. They lie about policies to maximize overdraft fees and other fees. The charge 5 dollars a day after the 30 and then dont send notices of overdrafting for a week.  The will Lie aobut the status of loans and other information.

Accounts Closed Mysteriously

Recently, National Bank of Arizona (a subsidiary of Zions) terminated my long standing accounts violating the account agreements in place, without reasonable notice or reason, and caused significant hardship to my family and my various business and community efforts.

On Oct 22, 2012, I received aletter from National Bank via certified mail at my UPS store mailbox.  The accounts detailed were ALL of my family's accounts at National Bank including my personal account, my wife's personal account, my corporate business account, my father's account, my son's saving account, and 2 accounts for the political campaigns for my wife and I, as we were running for election to the Arizona State Legislature.  This action was taken without any explanation ever given to me.  And these closures negatively impacted my business and caused harm to my families reputation.

I have been a customer at the bank for over 25 years.  I opened my first account at National Bank in 1986 which was then the First Interstate bank of Arizona at the Naco branch in Bisbee Arizona.  In the last 26 years, I have never bounced a check and have not had more than a few checks that were returned NSF, and none through any fault of my own.  I have had several lines of credit including several Home Equity loans and personal lines of credit with outstanding loan balances seceding $250,000 at several times.  I have never missed a payment on any loan, and I have paid off the principal of these loans several times.  I have also been an Executive Banking Customer since at least 2001.  At times I have had several hundred thousand dollars on deposit at the bank.  I have also had close personal relationships with several bank officers and executives.  I have not committed any fraud or deception nor do I represent any risk to the bank. I have been a good and loyal customer.

The account agreement allows the bank to close accounts with "Reasonable" notice.  As I explained to the bank representatives I was able to reach over the phone, 7 business days is not reasonable notice.  To close political campaign accounts 6 days before an election is not reasonable.  To close a primary business account that has been in use for 14 years is not reasonable.  Especially when there is no evidence of risk or fraud presented by the customer. I repeatedly asked bank management for an explanation of these actions and I was told that they had no obligation to tell me.

Now the bank did agree to extend the closing date to November 15th, 2012.  However my accounts were frozen on October 29th and I was told to pick up any and all deposits.  After forwarding the attached letter to Ed Leyba at ZIONS, my accounts were re-activated.  However on Nov 10th my accounts were again frozen.  It was only after contacting bank management again that they were re-activated until November 14th, when I was told to come into a branch and get the remaining balances issued to me in certified funds.  Several checks presented on the 14th and 15th were returned as account closed.

These actions are very puzzling to me.  The actions taken by the bank against me were without basis or merit.  They have the right to choose their customers, but they do not have the right to expel long term customers from the bank without reasonable notice and without any evidence of risk or wrongdoing.

Really Bad People To Work With

they charge me for .11 cents overdraft i call them to get a courtesy refound and they trick me like sh%^^&* so no good bank to work with people and they put you on hold maybe to lough about you when you trying to get you money back SUCKS!!!!

Dont Even Think About It

Don't even think about it to get business loan with them. They refuse to help us with our small business loan when United States economy is very weak. We ask them to help us to restructure our current business loan. They told us No way you are own.

No Problems

I signed up for a Zions bank account online a year ago. I've found the web site easy to use, and it's easy to transfer money from my regular bank account.