US Bank is again offering a $75 in free gas for opening a checking account and using the checking account check card to make gas purchases. It's the same promotion that they were offering last month. It doesn't seem to be listed at US Bank's website. It was advertised in today's Oakland Tribune. The ad is available online here. The nice thing about this bonus is that it doesn't require direct deposit. Here are the requirements:
- Visit your local branch by 10/31/2008
- Open any new Free Checking Account
- Spend up to $75 on fill-ups with your new check card
- Check card gas purhcases must be non-PIN based
- Check card gas purchases must take place within 30 days of the new checking account opening
- Gas receipts must be brought into the branch where the account was opened by 12/05/2008
- Cash bonus equal to the total on the receipts (up to $75) will be deposited into the checking account
- One bonus per household
- Bonus will be reported as interest earned on IRS Form 1099-INT
- Promotion not valid if you have received other US Bank bonus offers in the past 6 months
US Bank has branches in 26 states, but the last promotion was reported to only be available in California and Las Vegas, Nevada. Please check with your local US Bank branch to see if they'll honor this promotion.
US Bank has been FDIC insured since 1934 (FDIC Certificate # 6548).