Associated Bank is offering up to a $150 bonus for opening a checking account and performing specific activities. The offer ends on April 20, 2010. Refer to the bank's promotion page for the full details. Requirements for the bonus include:
- Open a new qualifying personal checking account (excludes Free and Student) by 4/20/2010
- $50 with your first check order and completion of five debit card signature purchases
- $50 with your enrollment in Online Bill Pay and completing three bill payment transactions
- $50 with a regular direct deposit of your payroll check
Some important small print includes:
- Limited to one bonus per household
- Minimum opening deposit of at least $100 is required to obtain a bonus
- All qualifying activity must occur within 60 days of account opening to obtain applicable bonus
- The bonus will be deposited into your new checking account within 90 days of account opening
- Checking account must remain open and active with a minimum of five transactions monthly to receive bonus payment
Two important things to note about this promotion:
- The free checking does not qualify so you'll have to watch out for fees. Monthly fees can be avoided in the Advantage Checking with direct deposit or with a $500 minimum balance.
- The first $50 requires that you order checks which are not free
There's an online application on the promo page. However, the application states that they are only able to open checking accounts for persons residing in Wisconsin, Illinois, or Minnesota.
Branches are located in several cities in Wisconsin, Illinois and Minnesota including Madison, Green Bay, Milwaukee, Chicago, Peoria, Minneapolis, Saint Paul and Rochester.
Associated Bank has been a FDIC member since 1934 (FDIC Certificate # 5296).
Credit for this find goes to Fatwallet member sideout who mentioned it in this FW thread.
Other Bank Bonuses
Refer to the Bank Bonus page for other bonuses at banks and credit unions around the nation.