Highlights from material received this afternoon:
1. The operational integration of Coppermark Bank into Prosperity Bank is expected to be completed later this month.
2. Prosperity Bank is sending current Coppermark Bank customers with debit cards a new Master Card debit card to replace the current Coppermark VISA check card. Note that the current VISA check cards will no longer work after Monday, April 29, 2am. However, you will not be able to activate the new Master Card debit cards until after Monday, April 29 8am. When you activate the new debit card, you will choose a new PIN number, and it appears you will be able to do it at the same time.
I have 2 Coppermark accounts, and received my 2 new debit cards today. Unfortunately there is no documentation to identify which card is connected to which account. So, that means I'll either call Customer Service sometime, or simply wait and make two small test transactions after 4/29 and see which account is debited which amount.
3. As a Prosperity Bank Master Card debit account holder, one is automatically enrolled in a Rewards program. However, you must register the card at www.prosperitybankrewards.com
and set up the reward account. The catalog of available rewards is available at that site as well, and it is where you go to redeem awards.
4. Details of the Rewards program: You earn 1 point for every $10 spent on signature-based and PIN-based purchases. There is no limit to the number of points which can be earned, but points expire 60 months after they are earned. Non-purchase activities such as ATM transactions, balance transfers, and the cash-back potion of any purchase do not earn points.
5. Customers who have been participating in the VISA Extras program at Coppermark Bank have until 5/17/13 to redeem existing points in that program, and unused points will be transferred to the new Prosperity bank Rewards account within 60 days.
On the Coppermark Bank home page, there is a banner with a link to a merger information center which may also be of interest.