Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

Wells Fargo Fires Workers Accused Of Cheating On Sales Goals

Thursday, October 3, 2013 - 5:53 PMWells Fargo Bank - Details
Wells Fargo & Co. has fired about 30 branch employees in the Los Angeles region who the bank said had opened accounts that were never used and attempted to manipulate customer-satisfaction surveys.

Wells Fargo fires workers accused of cheating on sales goals - latimes.com
ShorebreakShorebreak2,624 posts since
Apr 6, 2010
Rep Points: 14,220
1. Saturday, October 5, 2013 - 8:00 AM
This selling of accounts through teller windows is done at many banks. The extra bonus is ridiculous. No commissions should be given on these goals. Tellers are used as front sales people. They are no longer used as helping their customer but helping the bank make more profits. Tellers are told you know your customers best they trust you. Sell to them and add to your paycheck, our profitability and our monthly, quarterly and yearly bonus. It is all about money and not taking care of the customers. I have been told by tellers that they were told to tell the customers they knew best just open the account wait a few weeks and close it if you want. I really need this or I won't reach my goals. Pretty pathetic that they try to control the employees and the employees feel compelled to do this or loose their jobs. 
Ally6770Ally6770914 posts since
Jan 16, 2010
Rep Points: 2,662
2. Saturday, October 5, 2013 - 9:37 AM
Goodness, I thought Chase was bad but in all the years I have used them, I have never had a teller try to get me to open a different or other account.  The manager is the only one who has ever spoken to me about why I should use them for other sources which I refuse to do.  No tellers, yet.  Maybe it is because I have been very vocal about what I expect from bank employees.  Tellers trying to sell be products is not on the agenda.
paoli2paoli21,372 posts since
Aug 10, 2011
Rep Points: 6,011