Wisconsin-based Associated Bank, N.A. (Associated Bank) has had a series of $150 checking bonuses in the past that were sports team themed. The Brewers Checking bonus recently expired at the end of December, and while the Packers won’t be headed to Houston in February, the $150 Packers Checking bonus is still available through March 31, 2017.
The latest checking bonus is the seasonally appropriate Wild® Checking $150 bonus. You don’t have to be a hockey fan to apply for the bonus, although you can receive a 15% discount on The Hockey Lodge purchases when using Wild® Checking checks or debit card.
$150 Bonus Requirements
- Open a Wild® Checking account with a minimum $100 deposit by June 30, 2017.
- Make three Online Bill Payments, OR
- Have a Direct Deposit of at least $300 within 45 days of account opening.
- Available through June 30, 2017.
- Requires new money – deposits from existing accounts to not qualify.
- Customers with an Associated Bank checking account in the last 60 days are not eligible.
- Limit of one per household.
- Bonus will be credited within 75 days of meeting requirements.
- Account must be open when bonus is paid.
There is an $11 monthly maintenance fee that can be waived if one of the following requirements is met:
- Maintain a $1k minimum daily balance, or
- Have at least $2.5k in combined deposits, or
- Have direct deposits of at least $500 per month, or
- Account owner is under the age of 24 and enrolled in paperless statements.
Complete details are available on the Wild® Checking promotion page.
Refer A Friend $50 Bonus
If you’re not eligible for the Wild® Checking $150 bonus because you are already an Associated Bank customer, you can earn a $50 Visa Reward Card by referring a friend or family member.
Once your friend or family member registers, opens a new checking account AND completes the following requirements within 60 days after account opening, you will BOTH receive a $50 Visa® Reward Card!
- Makes three or more payments using Online Bill Pay, OR
- Completes a direct deposit of $300 or more
You can earn up to ten $50 Visa Rewards Cards per calendar year for the first ten qualified referrals.
As Wisconsin’s largest bank, Associated Bank, N.A.’s market area includes Illinois, Minnesota, and Wisconsin. Accounts may be opened by U.S. Citizens and Resident Aliens, 18 year or older, who have a valid Social Security number.
Associated Bank, N.A. (FDIC Certificate # 5296) has an overall health grade of "B+" at DepositAccounts.com, with a Texas ratio of 9.02% (excellent), based on September 30, 2016 data. In the past year, Associated Bank has increased its total non-brokered deposits by $436.84 million, an excellent annual growth rate of 2.07%. Please refer to our financial overview of Associated Bank, N.A. for more details.
Associated Bank, N.A. has a long history in Wisconsin, having been established in 1874 as the Kellogg-Citizens National Bank of Green Bay. After 115 years of continuous service, the Bank began a 30-year period of growth and expansion, acquiring 16 banks in Wisconsin, Illinois, and Minnesota, and going through two name changes. Today, Associated Bank is the largest bank in Wisconsin, with assets in excess of $29 billion.
Other Bank Promotions and Bonuses
Not eligible for Associated Bank’s Wild® Checking bonus? Check out my latest bank and credit union bonus blog posts to find other promotions. In addition, DepositAccounts.com readers and I also post often on bonuses in the Bank Promotions Forum.