Update: The top rate and balance cap have fallen. Please refer to the bottom of the post for the rate history.
- 3.80% APY on balances up to $15,000
- 1.01% on portion of balance over $15,000
- 0.05% base rate if requirements are not met
The monthly requirements include:
- 12 debit card purchases
- 1 electronic deposit or withdrawal
- Receive electronic statements
Additional features of the account regardless of the monthly requirements include:
- $100 minimum initial deposit
- No Minimum Balance Requirement
- No Monthly Maintenance Fee
It appears that a branch visit is required to open an account. Branches are located in the Washington cities of Spokane, Spokane Valley and Airway Heights and in the Idaho cities of Coeur d’Alene, Spirit Lake and Post Falls.
The bank's ratings for safety and soundness are a little weak: 3 stars (adequate) at BauerFinancial (based on 9/30/09 data) and 2 stars (below peer group) at Bankrate.com (based on 6/30/09 data). The bank has been a FDIC member since 1989 (FDIC Certificate # 27601).
Other Reward Checking Accounts
To find reward checking accounts in other areas of the nation, please refer to the reward checking section of DepositAccounts.com. To learn more about reward checking, please refer to this reward checking overview.
- 3.80% APY up to $15K; 1.01% over; 0.05% base
- 4.01% APY up to $25K; 1.01% over; 0.02% base