Achieva Credit Union Reviews

No Human Experience Is All Automated

Posted by: Bethv | May 6, 2016

I've been a member of Achieva Credit Union for some years now and I thought it was a wonderful option to a bank. I actually left Wells Fargo because of the unfair fees and unorganized transfer when they purchased from Wachovia. In the past year Achieva has increased their fees from $5 to 34 and tends to apply them worse than any Bank. I have 4 accounts in a line of credit with them and they still charge me a $34 fee is something is even a dollar more than I have in the account. This is done in real-time basis they do not do deposits and payments at the end of the day like most banks. I also should only be getting an $8 fee and they should be transferring the money from one of my four accounts I've been in there several times trying to get this corrected and it's still not working and I do not enjoy spending my lunch hour at it you giving you every week. They have caused me so much stress over the past year that I have got to move somewhere else. They've implemented machines and computers and no longer have a personal touch today I have five $34 fees on my account as the day progressed. They admitted this is all done by a computer there is nobody actually looking at my account saying this is a well-known customer and she's going to make a deposit at the end of the day like she does every week. Look elsewhere. I want to several other Banks to get information on services and fees and SunTrust told me that they do a personal relationship with their customers and would call them before they ever considered charging such a thing especially to a long-time customer.

YUCK!!! Go Elsewhere To Get Better Banking Services

Achieva CU is extremely unprofessional, charge excess fees on overdraft when monies were placed in to bring account balance to positive. BEWARE!!! Achieva Credit Union will steal your hard earned money, BEWARE!!! This is done multiple times, this is how they make their money and will throw you under financially in an already tough economy if you're not prepared!!! They will make sure that when you put money in your account, they FIRST put the charges through THEN they will apply your credits in order to literally charge you a $34.00 fee on EACH transaction before applying your credits. They will do this over and over and claim "it's your fault not the credit unions". I have seen as many as up to 20+ overdraft charges on an account before they finally will apply your credit to stop the charge overdrafts. This is terrible business and it's no wonder they are growing so fast! Back a few years ago, they were a very good financial institution to have and I have recommended a very large amount of friends and family to them. Since they have been treating me this way, I have since been told by many friends and family that they have now switched back to traditinoal banks that do not treat their "members" this way. Do your homework before opening an account with them if you value your hard earned money...they will steal it! Kelly, Operator Number d16 is whom I warned about this review over the phone, but she apparently called me incorrect bluff. Good Job Kelly, you're an assett to Achieva, i'm sure of it! We have several accounts with them and are taking them all elsewhere, good luck, we recommend a local small bank, and not one that has their eyes on becoming big (stealing in order to get there). Here is their unprofessional response, which they did NO research on the account before running their mouth as this incident over the weekend was the first on the account: Control your spending habits AUTHOR: coast - () SUBMITTED: Tuesday, December 03, 2013 “This is done multiple times... they FIRST put the charges through THEN they will apply your credits in order to literally charge you a $34.00 fee on EACH transaction before applying your credits” Your account went into overdraft mode because you authorized debits and withdrawals against unavailable funds. If funds are available when debits and withdrawals are authorized, an account will not overdraft regardless of what order the transactions are processed. “I have seen as many as up to 20+ overdraft charges on an account before they finally will apply your credit to stop the charge overdrafts.” You are a habitual offender. You need to get your spending habits under control. DOES THIS SOUND LIKE AN ACTUAL PROFESSIONAL RESPONDING TO AN UPSET CUSTOMER????????? This person needs to be terminated and used as an example of what NOT to do in order to de-escalate a banking customer that has been with them for over a decade and a half!!! WOW!!!!

Achieva treats their customers that they had for over a decade (sorry, previously pinellas county teachers credit union)...(usually you treat them with a little more care). The fact that it even comes down to this is appauling.

No Reason For This

There seems to be an issue with getting money out of my acount they called several times to make sure it was me making the charges getting stupid.  The last straw was I had a zero balance on my charge card went to get my vehicle from maintenace and they rejected my card.  heres what I think of them.

in•ept (?n'?pt, ?'n?pt)

adj.

1. lacking skill or aptitude, esp. for a particular task; maladroit.

2. generally awkward or incompetent.

You Call This Customer Service?

Posted by: Anonymous | Sep 12, 2012

I joined some 20+ years ago when it was Pinellas County Teachers Union. Things sure have changed and not for the better. A 25 cent pin fee? What the hell is that? As a small business owner, I pay a fee every time you use your card in my establishment, that is double dipping! I have called corporate, Andrea Gregor at 727 431-7352, when trying to get information about some paperwork. I've never received a return call! The manager at the Dunedin branch is dumber than a box of rocks and soooo rude to boot! Maybe that's okay in your native country but that won't fly here. I would give a negative "star rating" if it were possible!!

LOANS MADE BY SARASOTA COASTEL CREDIT UNION

I had been with SCCU for approx 15 years , they were taken over by Achieva ( a buyout) when  my income dropped ,like so many others and my house was over mortgaged and some health issues put me behind the best they would do in the way of a modifacation was to drop my payments for one year. The people working ther are also some of the rudest you will ever talk to, as one put it when we were discussing my mortgage , WELL GET ANOTHER JOB, what a bunch of self absorbed no good bastards. I'm sure that they got my loan from SCCU at a deep discount but will not work with you to create an agreement to help. Feels more like extortion than anything else, pay us or else,your credit everything will be ruined, as they said to me ,why should we lower your principle? Pure banking pieces of shit if there ever were.  I'm sure that I'll end up losing everything and ending up in bankruptcy . THANKS ACHIEVA. I wouldn't put  a dime in these bastards credit union. Do your homework,.

Less Than 1% Auto Fiancing On Approved Credit?

Posted by: Anonymous | Sep 8, 2011

25 cent charge on debit fees? Just punch it as credit and you don't get charged, found nothing wrong about this company and offers good customer service. I don't understand why people post bad things about a fee that can be waived just by running the debit card under credit.

Best credit union is probably Alliant credit union, but Achieva is local and I like talking to a local credit union, and it's still 100,000 times better than Bank of America BY FAR! I'll be opening an Alliant account soon, but having a local one isn't a bad idea as well.

Member Since 1998

Achieva has joined the ranks of the financial institutions that have total disregard for the wage-earner.  Last year while unemployed I was still able to pay most of my credit obligations, including the one owed to Achieva.  I was working on a work-out plan with my mortgage holder, who, of course, reported that I was behind on my mortgage resulting in a crashed credit score.  Even though all my other credit obligations reported that I was paying as agreed -- and never missing a payment to Achieva -- Achieva closed my credit account.  This was immediately after I refused to allow them to grant me the "benefit" of automatically overdrawing my checking account with debit-card purchases.  The twenty-five cent charge for debit purchases is a bogus fee.  Achieva recieves a fee from the vendor for every debit-card transaction they process.  Are they in good financial shape?  You betcha!  Like every other thieving financial institution, they are balancing their books on the backs of those who can least afford it.  I'd give them a negative star rating if I could.

Achieva Credit Union

Posted by: jfribly | Feb 20, 2011

I have been a member of Achieva for over 15 years. In the last few years, their service has gone down hill. No response to complaints and total arrogance towards customers has left me in a positon to remove almost all funds and only keep open a small auto loan.

The final straw was their implementation of a $.25 charge on all debit transactions where you use your PIN number.

I stopped carrying cash probably 5 to 6 years ago and used my debit card exclusively. with this fee, the charges add up quick.

I have switch all accounts over to Wachovia.