Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union Reviews

Bureaucratic Failure

No account opening attempt has been more intrusive, and offensive, than Affinity. After being online for about an hour or more, sending in a scanned image of my driver's license, and having initial approval, the account was denied – of course, with no specific reason.

No assistance is given to correct whatever their problem is unless one visits a branch – oh, about a thousand miles for me.

In calling Affinity one is always the 10th in the calling queue and the assurance of a returned call doesn't happen.

There are probably worse banking experiences out there but I haven't experienced worse.

Stay Away!!!

I just tried to open a 5-year CD online based on the high interest rate Affinity Plus offered. When I reached close to the final step, it said to allow for up to $5000 only! I initiated live chat and one of their representatives answered that for online applications $5000 would be the limit due to security reasons. But it was not posted anywhere on their website! So I asked to close my application and figure it was a waste of time, so be it.

Then I got a credit alert that Affinity Plus pulled a credit report without my permission!!! For god's sake, I was just trying to open a CD account, which would not be open without being fully funded by me. Now even with my application closed right away (within about 15 minutes), they went ahead and pulled my credit report, WHY???

It sounded like a shady institution. Stay away and don't be lured by their high interest rates.

Excellent Experience with Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union

I have banked with Affinity Plus for the past seven years. They have been very easy to work with and I imagine I will continue using them for the foreseeable future. I currently have four accounts at Affinity - checking, savings, Wincentive savings, and an auto loan. The Wincentive savings account was brought to my attention by an employee. For every $25 deposited (up to five times per month), you are entered into a monthly and yearly contests for various cash prizes. I generally only deposit the minimum $25 each month but have won $100 so far. The other benefit of this savings account is that it allows me to keep a portion of my money that cannot be easily raided, like my general savings account.

The Rewards program at Affinity has been very generous and useful for me. I have covered overdraft fees and purchase cancellation fees. Just recently I used some of my points to lower my auto loan interest rate by 0.5%.

Credit Union are the best

I currently own a checking and savings account with Affinity Plus. But I have other accounts with another bank for IRAs and Money Market and other savings and checking accounts with US bank and USAA. I chose to reflect on Affinity Plus because of their exceptional online banking platform. Literally, anything transaction can be down via their online chat or via email. I have ordered checks, bank statements, money orders, and schedule appointments through their online chat system. Additionally, their mobile app allows me quick access to my accounts and I am able to deposit checks remotely for free. One of the down sides of the mobile app is that it does not have a finger touch login. You will need to enter your username and password each time you log. Also, for a long time, you could not link it to personalcapital and so you had to manual track your expenditure through excel. But recently, they've rectified that problem, which has made the online banking experience much more better.

Best Service

I have had the best service with Affinity Plus Credit Union. Anytime I have gone in for any issue it has been resolved immediately. If I needed a car loan or anything it was very quick and even able to do it over the phone. The rates are very low and have even been able to buy down my interest rate with the points I earn by just having transactions. Online banking is very easy to use and has a wonderful web interface. I also like the fact that I can deposit checks through my phone via an Affinity Plus App. I have used that several times already and have never had any issues doing that. I have also had fees reversed on my account if I have had any problems with any purchases that were made wrongly.

There for you

I've been at this bank about 5 years now. I currently have a savings account there. Whenever I walk into my institution I am always greeted by someone by the door with a smile and a warm hello. The lines sometimes at the credit union can get a bit large however the workers try to do their best job to get the lines moving fast. The one experience I had with this credit union that really made them stand out in my eyes was when I went in to get a loan for a car that I was purchasing. It was my first vehicle so I was a bit nervous about it. The teller pulled up a car history report for me and then walked me through the steps of the loan. Additionally, it happened to be my girlfriend and my 2nd year anniversary, I told this to the teller and they lowered my interest rate, just due to this fact. That really shocked me at how personable this bank is, they really are there for you and do their best to make sure that your experience is comfortable and you understand everything.

Affinity Plus

I've banked here for over 25 years and overall I've been reasonably happy with my experiences. Their checking accounts are competitive with other institutions, and their savings products have been decent. I've never had any really negative experiences - I guess my biggest complaint would be that it can take a really long time to get served sometimes. Even with the drive-thru, I've regularly had to wait over 15 minutes just to deposit some checks or make a withdrawal. I guess this means that it's a pretty good institution and lots of people like banking there... I think their rates could be a little better compared to other credit unions. I've always had pleasant, friendly tellers and receptionists whenever I've gone in, and they're very good at making sure you get your questions answered, and they will go out of their way to ensure you're using all of the benefits you're entitled to when you bank there.

All About You

Affinity Plus is, by far, the best bank out there! They really are all about the customer and making your experience with them easy and enjoyable. They don't kill you with fees and are very competitive and almost always have the lowest rates. Staff is always available, ready to help, and of course very friendly. I was sick of dealing with fees every time I turned around and never having anyone there to help me with all the issues I was having. That's when I decided it was time to move all of my accounts to someplace friendlier, more convenient, and felt that I could trust. Affinity Plus was the place and I haven't been sorry since. The most enjoyable banking experience I've ever had! Thank you Affinity Plus!!!

Good credit union, mediocre website

I've been banking with Affinity Plus for about 7 years now and I have mostly nothing but good things to say. The customer service is great and they do everything that they can to help their members. My one complaint is the lackluster website and mobile support. I've seen some of the mobile offerings from corporate banks and they're miles ahead of what Affinity offers. I'm hoping they can catch up, as this is my only real complaint.