Air Academy Federal Credit Union Reviews

Terrible Loan Experience

I cannot believe this company is still in business. I've been fighting with them for over 6 months to reflect accurate payments on my auto loan. I'm sick of calling every two weeks and then receiving a letter saying that I have not acknowledged their statements. I don't know who I need to deal with, but all 12 of the reps that I've dealt with thus far have not been at all competent. It's disgusting the way that they treat their customers.

My insurance company sent proof of full coverage in September when I first financed my vehicle. My first payment was not due until the first of November, but Air Academy could not figure out how to withdraw auto payments for three months. I would have to call to make the payment and ask what my status was only for them to charge me 30 bucks each time. That seems a little atrocious. During the three month period where Air Academy could not figure out how to pull money from my account, they decided that I didn't have full insurance coverage. Which is odd because they had received my paperwork, coverage, and docs. They proceed to add 150 to my account for insurance. They never once contacted me regarding their misrepresentation of my account.

We've been waiting on them to send an itemized account statement, which they've failed to do for the next three months. It's amazing how they treat their customers with such distain and lies. It's so disappointing that a local company has to steal money from their clientele. How is this remotely fair?

My most recent letter claims that I have purposefully ignored their letters - which they've also decided to change my address, not sure how, why, or if it's legal - and I'm in seriously delinquency. They give me the run around each time I call. I'm so sick of fighting with this company. It would be nice if they hired competent agents, or maybe if it wasn't a two bit operation most likely working out of someone's outhouse.

One Word Really Says It All

Posted by: Pafb80915 | Mar 15, 2016

And that word is.......Garbage.

Poor Service

Posted by: LeahSmith | Sep 10, 2015

Wouldn't waste your time. They didn't listen to what was happening. They financed me in June and Sep I needed to trade that car in because it was a total lemon. They were of no help!

AAFCU Took $245 From Me

Posted by: Laurie | Mar 13, 2013

AAFCU quietly deleted at least $245 from my checking account without notifying me. The last time I got mail from them was on 2 Feb 2010. Apparently since then they changed the minimum daily balance on the account and started taking away $5.00 per month from me, without notifying me. (I don't know exactly when this occurred since the available history on line only goes back to January 2011.) Then, in April 2011 they began charging a dormant account fee of $5.00 per month, again without contacting me. Since Jan 2011 they have taken $245 away from me without any notice. They may have taken more than that if it started before Jan 2011, I have no way to know.
If you got an account as a cadet ages ago and now rarely do anything with it, you better check on it.

Great Rates And Great Service

Posted by: Anonymous | Jan 27, 2012

Been a member for 14 years!

Member Of The AAFCU

I do not recommend this credit union for any financial services.  I have been an Air Academy Federal Credit Union member since 1989. The Last payment to the vehicles they couldn’t fine my title they were holding It took them months have new titles for me.  I was 3 days late on my credit card payment they charge me 35% interest for three years.  So paid off the credit card and left $230 in the saving thinking I was going to make .02% interested on it.  Wrong answer they charged my account with fees just nickel and dime it away.

I feel sorry for the military personnel who are oversea and making the comment to our country and have to deal with a finance Institutions in the states which is causing financial stress on our military personnel.

STAY AWAY FROM [Name Removed] AT AAFCU!

My husband and I were working on a home refinance with of AAFCU. My husband specifically asked many times (documented through email), that he was to deal with me regarding our home re-finance. instead decided to only email or call my husband regarding the refi, despite several requests made to deal with me. He stressed how futile it would be to shop around, and that we had to order an appraisal right away. Upon submitting our application, did not follow up with us at all. After 2 1/2 weeks, we asked him about the status, and still did not receive a response. I had to call him and catch him in his office to get him to talk to me. I mentioned that I am the beneficiary of a family trust, and after faxing a statement that proved my holdings, he still told my husband, "I married a women who said that she had money once, and it turned out to not be true." I asked him several times to do me the courtesy of following up with us when he said that he was going to, and he never did. Even though the appraisal was complete, and he was made aware of this, he asked us to go ahead and order the appraisal. It was obvious that he didn't know what he had and what he didn't have in terms of our loan package. We would have to chase him down and offer to provide him with information, and when we did, he would ask for it again. He told me that he "didn't get my email" that contained an essential piece of information, and then asked for it a second time. All in all, we wasted almost 3 months dealing with this. We heard empty promises, were asked to provide information that we had already given, my personal integrity was questioned by this guy to my husband, even though he had proof that I was telling the truth. His excuse was always, "I'm so busy," or "I played hooky from work to spend time with my son," or "my underwriter was on vacation, etc." Requests for status updates went unanswered, and when we did get our final answer, it was in email form, to my husband only of course. is an insult to a profession that I have first-hand experience working in, myself having almost 7 years experience in the financial industry.