Altra Federal Credit Union Reviews

Horrible Service And Customer Service Isn't Helpful

I have ran into issues with this credit union a few times over the past 20 years. But this time they randomly put a hold on a personal check. They left a message about my deposit and asked me to call in. I called the number they left me and they informed me that they put the hold on it because it was over $500.00. I have been making the same deposit from the same person for over 3 years and now they put a hold on it. In the mean time checks are clearing through my account and I am at a negative balance now. I have to set up an appointment to meet with the branch manager to talk about it! Well, I work full time and can't make it in during branch hours. The hold is for 7 business days!

Customer Dis-Service

Went to deposit money for cell phone bill..one of the people on my account is a cab driver so had $13 in quarters. They wouldn't take it, saying that they have some agreement with Festival. First of all I understand the agreement of not having a change counter. Second, you're a god d**m bank, money is money! Third, if someone is offering to count it out all for you and put it in dollar stacks jump at that chance! Less for you guys to do! Fourth, I don't appriciate being told not to come back because I said it was retarded (which you know is true). I will be closing my account at the end of the month, and my boyfriend will be as well. Never will recommend Altra again.

And you probably should really think of calling people when they have something that comes out that'll make their account overdrawn BEFORE the overdraft fee. Literally could have come to put a measly $11 in that day, not everyone remembers when a debit is gonna happen for a monthly debit transaction...nor do they check their bank account daily.

Great customer service!

I've banked with Altra for years now, And I have to say the customer service is great! I've had every issue resolved with speed and accuracy right away, with no waiting! Everyone is kind, and genuinely seems to care for customers that bank with them. I was told about this bank through a friend, they said how much they liked it, and that I would too. And they were right! The only problems I have had are with the website, but those are forgivable. I would highly recommend banking with this institution! They will meet any needs that you have. If that doesn't convince you, then let me tell you, their rates are low. I've had a credit card for a few years now, and not once have I regretted getting it!

Best Bank!!!

They really care about you as a person! I tell everyone to go to Altra, many friends and family have switched and everyone LOVES IT!!! A+ on everything.

Warning Posting Process!!!!

This institution processess ACH and Bill Pay BEFORE deposits on the same business day. Buyer beware.