All America Bank Reviews

Got Declined Omg :)

Well, I got declined from there online application for the money market checking, said can't verify identity (I also uploaded my ID). Thing is questions they asked we not relevant at all (I reviewed my credit Karma account), I called CS they said system declined you can't do anything, you can try again 30 days. For a company to say sorry the computer said no............is...........fake...........news.

Great Bank!!! Debbie Is Great There!

Posted by: renatl | Feb 24, 2017

I have nothing but great things to say about this bank, also known as Redneck Bank. I started with a rate of over 5% and only required to use 10 debits a month. The rate is now 2 % but they now offer Money Market accounts at 1.5% but still not a bad rate for 2017.

I highly recommend this bank and they have fantastic customer service. Keep up the great work guys!!

I will continue with this bank!

Be Careful Of These Gotchas!

Posted by: enduser | Dec 29, 2016

ACCOUNT TYPE:
Mega Money Market is a personal NOW checking account that offers a high interest rate of 1.50% APY for balances up to $35,000. Balances over $35,000 earn .50% APY only.

Monthly Statements:
Are received electronically. The monthly statement cycle ends on the 20th of every month. If the 20th falls on a Saturday, the cycle will cut off on the 19th (the Friday before) and if the 20th falls on a Sunday, the cycle will cut off on the 21st (the following Monday).

INTEREST:
Interest compounds monthly and is credited monthly. If the account is closed before the interest is credited you will not receive the accrued interest for that cycle.

DORMANT ACCOUNT:
A $10.00 per billing cycle fee will be charged if you have not made a withdrawal or deposit to your account for an extended period of time and we have been unable to contact you, your account may be classified as dormant by us.

NOTE:
They do not specify anywhere on their documentation what is considered "an extended period of time", but users report that after 1 year of inactivity the bank started to deduct $10.00 each month. Also no user on the forums has reported that AmericaNet Bank ever tried to contact them about their account being dormant, before proceeding to hit them with the $10.00 monthly dormancy fee.

24 Jun 17 Updated interest rate offered

Watch The ACH

Posted by: Anon456 | Dec 13, 2016

Interest rate is attractive, but this bank is a bit slow on their paperwork and CS.

Watch also the ACH. WEB site limit is $5000 a day, but they further restrict it to $1000 in or out for the first 30 days.

6 Years And Still Happy!

Posted by: gatorgirl | Jun 16, 2016

I have been a member at AmericaNet Bank/AllAmerica Bank since 2010. While I agree that their online banking feels a bit rudimentary, it still gets the job done. Even with not having the easiest online system, they still offer transaction downloads for most banking software AND a mobile app for Apple and Android. (I belong to a couple other more known "high end" banks who don't offer these things.)

I will also say that I parked my money there and just let it collect interest, but last year they charged me a dormancy fee, which is understandable, so I make a small deposit each month and since then, no problems.

This bank offers one of the BEST rates out there for a savings account so I will continue to give them my business!

Great bank for your needs

I always have two banks and I used America Net Bank as my secondary. I use Bank of America primarily,but it's always good to have another. I can say without a doubt that they are just as reliable as the giant corporation,but with a smaller person feel. I never had an issue with any disputes or anything else of the sort. I think its a good idea to have two banks just in case you lose your card or something is up with your current bank. I found it to be a great addition to my needs and they are always on top of things.

Perfect Internet Bank

Posted by: Catza | Sep 8, 2014

AmericaNet Bank is really awesome. I was worried about my on-line transaction that I have to do for my side business, as sometime my bank account balance comes to zero, than one fine day i saw this bank's ad and than checked the website. I was really surprised with all the benefits this bank is giving to new accounts. everything is free and even no minimum balance required. and only needs $1 to open the account. This is the best Internet bank for my type of work, and it would be good for everyone. It is safe and perfect. It has all the option that are required to use a account, plus it is 100% on-line, so no tension of visiting the branch. Normal banks are not 100% on-line, but this is 100% on-line, Life became very easy with this account, and the bank has everything easy for its customer. Without any hassle i can do transaction and do everything that can be done in a normal bank. I am very happy and also all my friends and family has an account in this bank. It is safe and free. In fact there is no need to worry at all, everything is there in on-line and just click away. I am using this account on daily basis and doing all transaction through this and i am completely free of banking tension

Pretty BAD

Be aware of the charges they debit without notifying you. Unhelpful customer service. Terrible online interface. No bank to bank transfer!

Awful, Awful, Awful

I tried opening an online account and they did a $1.00 test withdrawal from my other bank account.  I decided to close my new Americanet account even before I used it.  They are very unprofessional.

They kept my dollar!

Is that how they make money?

Sorry, But No Way.

I opened an account with them online, verified the security transactions, but never received an account number.  What kind of service is that???

Not Worth It At All Anymore!

Posted by: coolraz | May 31, 2012

I used to be an AmericaNetBank customer for several years. Their yields were great, until last year when everything fell and the yields everywhere are now so low that the only differentiator is customer service. I actually like the people that work CS at ANB, they are friendly, and are AMERICAN (which nowdays is rare in customer service!). However, the big problem is that now there is NO bank to bank transfers. This means that there is no easy way to transfer money in or out of your ANB account. This alone makes the bank account wortheless. Bill pay actually has a CHARGE ($0.50) whereas all other banks I have give bill pay for free. So now, there is no reason why anyone would pick ANB anymore.

I do hope that they raise their rates so that it would make sense to bank with them again, but right now I would stay away : (

I Love This Bank!

Posted by: moka123 | Feb 28, 2012

I really love this bank, have had it for 4 years now and have not had any issues with them. The people are really nice and my money is always right :)

Best thing about this bank is that they consistantly have a much higher rate than any other bank. Worst thing is that it does take a long time to get your money 5-7 days and can only transfer 2,500 at a time (so for 10,000 you'd do 4 transactions). once they fix that, which they did for a short period, like a couple months it only took 1-2 days, but it's back to the same 5-7 days for now, but either way I love this bank!

Account Locked, Still Not Notified As To Why

I try to log in one day and it says your account is locked, please contact Administrator. But there is no contact information for this Administrator and they still haven't called me, emailed me, or sent me anything in the mail. Luckily, I was able to transfer out all my money using another bank's transfers, but now I have no way of closing it or getting the interest for the final month.

ps. the star rating wouldn't save using Firefox

Security/Privacy Issues

I am an online rate shopper and was attracted to the 1.75% in April 2010.  I opened the account online and moved $100 in to start.  As soon as I was able to login to view my new account, I came across a statement that was available for me to view in the previous statements section of the website.  Weird, because I had not had an account with AmericaNet Bank previously... I opened it up, and was very surprised to see another individuals past money market statements.  I saw their name, address and balances on the statement and was also able to view the social security number.  I immediately sent a 'secure message' to customer service letting them know.  I received a response the next day, and was told that the account I saw was a test account, not a real account, that was included in my profile in error and that it had been removed.  I logged in again, and the statement was still there.  I grew suspicious of the explanation I was given and googled the persons name and address, which I found several entries and confirmed that this was indeed a real person.  I sent yet another message letting them know that I could still see the account, and that it appeared to be real.  They did not respond after 4 days, and I asked for the account to be closed.  Hoping that my own SSN is not out there viewable to someone who would do harm...  Stay away.

Americanet Bank Web Site Atrocious

If it were not for it's top-tier yield on it's deposit account I would have rated AmericaNet Bank only one star. What bank sends out to it's customers that their statement is available to view then at it's web site says no statements are available upon properly following correct instructions on the site? This bank has possibly the worst site of on-line financial institutions. I thought a number of months ago that they were going to switch web designers and improve their site but I guess that never materialized. I really don't know if the measly 3/4 of a percent is really worth the aggravation.

No Problems

Posted by: Anonymous | Dec 2, 2010

I have the interest checking account and have had no problems. As long as you adhere to the guidelines there should be no problems.

Fees For Not Using An Account?

Posted by: Anonymous | Nov 28, 2010

Ridiculous!

Qualifiers To Comments Of Previous Reviewer

Dormant account fees only apply if you have neither deposited any money to the account NOR made a withdrawal in 12 months AND the bank has been unable to contact the account owner.  The only complaint I have with this bank is that it takes 5-7 business days for withdrawal transfers to an external bank account.  So, if you need to cover funds drawn against an external bank account in a hurry, forget it!