Atlantic Union Bank Reviews

Poor Service

If you are in the Richmond, VA area and need this bank, don't go to the branch at West Broad Street and Parham Road unless you have plenty of time. Waited 17 minutes for service at the drive-thru. There is no excuse for this. Finally, three different people came outside to check on what people needed so you know they were inside all eating together and not paying attention to the customers. I am going to a different branch next time until I move my account somewhere else.

Doesn’T Accept Cash

I was told to go elsewhere because this is a holiday and my cash, which is legal tender, is not accepted at an atm. I will do as your representative told me and put all of my money into a bank that provides banking services. This is a terrible company and the people working here are condescending racists.

Worst Bank EVER

I have been banking with Union Bank for the past 10 years when they were still Union Bank and Trust. I think when they changed, not sure if it was just a name change or management or whatever but the service begin to decline. Banked with them in Ladysmith for about 3-4 years and just kept the account bc of convenience but when going out of town, was always being charged for not using a Union Bank ATM, however, there never were any outside of Virginia so I had to use other ATMs. Not to mention, fees are EXTREMELY high at this bank. Finally I left and went to Navy Federal Credit Union (they are awesome). Decided to open a second account after 6 years or so, decided to give Union one more chance. Here it is 2018, we can make deposits from our phones by taking pictures, ATMs count our money and read our checks for us, technology is great, however, if you make a deposit into a Union Bank ATM, your deposit will not be available until the bank goes outside MANUALLY and then MANUALLY inputs each deposit... My deposit was CASH mind you, not like it was a check that needed to be cashed or anything... so I made the deposit with CASH on Saturday after they closed and here it is Monday and I am told that the CASH won't be ready for me to use AT ALL until after 2pm. So I was left all weekend with $20 to my name (thank goodness I didn't deposit everything I had because I would have been screwed). EVERY and I mean EVERY other Bank I have checked with today, at least 6, cash deposits through ATM deposits go into a persons account immediately upon depositing... Really just confused as to why the bank upgraded to these new fancy ATMs if they aren't able to be used properly. Needless to say Union will not get anymore chances. Thumbs down Union Bank.

Customer service

I really enjoy this bank for my basic needs. Usually I go to the same branch. Most of the time I get the same person dealing with me so she knows me by name. She is always very kind and helpful. She is easy to talk to and knowledgeable. Most of the other people are good as well all helpful and easy to deal with. I have only had one person I did not enjoy working with. I feel that the good far outweighs the bad. This is why I continue to use them as a bank. I like having a smaller bank in town that i can go to. Its very convenient and if I know I have a problem it can just go in there to work it out if I need. I have been using their app more now as I dont have to leave my home and is convenient. Overall they have treated me well and I enjoy banking with them.

Phenomenal Service but High Fees

The service at Union Bank is unbelievable. Whether on the phone or in person, they really go out of their way to make sure you are happy. They handle issues and problems quickly and effectively. When my account was used fraudulently while I was overseas they went out of their way to assure me they would take care of the problem and they handled it well. They also communicate very well. My only problem I have with them are the fees. I pay quite a lot just for a standard checking account. Also, overdrafts are incredibly expensive as well, but you can avoid that issue just by keeping abreast of the account. Their online services through their website are very good, and they even have a feature where you can access other bank account balances through their website. I find that convenient.