BankPlus Reviews

Worst Banking Experience Imaginable

BankPlus is a HORRIBLE bank. I have used them for years and will be closing my account this week. Their customer service is one of the worst I have ever encountered, they truly let you know that the customer doesn't matter at all. Their policies are outdated and their mobile banking is laughable. I have run into issues before that always require going into a branch, which has been a huge problem while traveling. They also have insane fees and very low interest savings. Do not bank with them.

Inactivity Fees

Posted by: pjf104 | Sep 19, 2017

Upon the birth of my second child, my co-workers pooled their gift money and gave us a $200 Visa gift card from BankPlus. We went to use it and BankPlus had taken all $200 in "inactivity fees". $25/month for an "inactivity fee"? That should be against the law. It's unconscionable!

We called to inquire about this policy and asked for the money to be replaced, but they were obviously to ashamed to tell you know directly. They said they would review the matter and for us to check our card balance in a few day. This happened several times and nothing was ever done. I've since closed my accounts there.

They've lost my business because of this. Obviously, I would advise against banking here based on my experience. That's a horrible way to treat customers and they should be ashamed.

Over Draft Fees

This bank will allow your transactions to remain pending for a week then try to send them all through on the same day hoping to get an overdraft charge out of you. Say you have a little bit of money in the bank and a check comes through that you probably forgot about that will not be pending for a week they will let it clear as soon as it hits so that they can get an overdraft fee out of you. This bank robs their customers stay away.

Overdraft Fees

BankPlus charges customers overdraft fees, even when a customer is not in overdraft!!!! Stay away from this bank!

Bank Plus is a great starter bank!

Posted by: Spencer | Dec 23, 2015

I LOVE Bank Plus, and have been a customer for over 20 years. The knowledgeable staff is willing to assist with any question that I have. The fees sometimes can appear crazy, but times where I have incurred fees the customer service has been outstanding. In one instance my account over drafted due to the banks mistake, the bank called me to apologize about the mistake. It's customer service like this that makes me appreciate working with local bank groups.

Good enough for free!

Posted by: Dox | Jun 23, 2014

Bankplus offers a free checking account with no monthly fees. I have my paycheck deposited there and it shows up on time every time. Their phone-based customer service has been very good, however the customer service I have received in store has been just so-so.

I had to get a replacement debit card because my card was charged with fraudulent charges. To do this I went to the bank, they gave me my replacement. Half-way home I realized the card had somebody else's name on it and I had to go back.

Overall, I've had a positive service from Bankplus, just watch out for their overdraft fees. If you overdraft, they will charge you an overdraft fee for every time you use the card that day, not just for the time that caused the overdraft.